PVP vs PVE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xFlyingArtx, Mar 16, 2016.

?

What do you prefer to enjoy this game?

1. PVP

22 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. PVE

39 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. PVP & PVE, PVE user should buy anti PVP pills

19 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. PVP & PVE, PVP user should buy PVP pills

18 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. xFlyingArtx

xFlyingArtx New Member

Since we only have 1 server and blend the players from the old PVP and PVE server, many ppls argue about to make this game to be all PvP or PVE map. Argue about bullying, wanted system, anti PK pills, etc.
    So let's make pooling on this... what do you like to do to enjoy this game? PVP, PVE or blend with pills/ buff applied?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  2. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

I'd rather pve everywhere except for BP and the maps after Tibet

3. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Icy, Tibet, Kunlun, LL. Those maps should have pvp without wanted or anti pvp buff. I don't care about nn/hz but those maps are the ones where pvp should flourish.

leonol1 and ihgyug like this.
  4. Fenrir

Fenrir Member

I dont like NC/HZ pvp because u mostly find people from the same side with u there, and for someone who wants good karma, u tend to avoid them, but it's so annoying that they backstab u and u have to fight back then get bad karma. LD and higher maps pvp are fine for me, both White+Black clans can have countless wars there, blood is paid by blood, that's how the story of 9Dragons was written. Do not feel sad when u're killed by someone, sometimes Hatred is a good motivation to become stronger. :D

5. Szafka

Szafka Active Member

PVP! You have your anti-pk and you still crying! That's pathetic...

SirRazvan likes this.
  6. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

And still the same whiny crying. "I like the game this way, so everyone else should. Everyone should have to like what I like. Boo hoo, if people have a way to turn off pvp no one will play with me. Waaah waaaah waaaah."

szender and Psychlop5765 like this.
  7. kittencat

kittencat Active Member

tb has no wanted but ye pills i guess

8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

misclick

9. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Most funny thing are this LS-SM players calling themselves PVE players....real pve players don't cry and out leech any PKer damage easy as ****.

Szafka likes this.
  10. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

None of those options. Option 5: 3000 gold for anti-pvp buff from the hermit which has 3 hour duration.

I'd buy it.

11. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

This poll lacks the option of neither side paying to do what they want.

The system should be a toggle option or anti-pvp skill buff regarding PvP. This way all maps from HZ or LD and higher can be PvP but those that don't wish to deal with that can use the PvE option to remove themselves from it. To help promote PvP give the PvP mode players a special buff that boosts EXP, gold, and drop rate increase. Karma would be decent but would need to give players the option to gain good or bad karma based off their preference.

shakra1973 and Blitzcronk like this.
  12. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

If you need to entice other players into doing pvp, then they don't really enjoy it. They are doing it for the rewards. Assuming you can offer people anything that makes putting up with open-pvp worth it.

Riddle me this Zaratron. What will it take to get a PvP enabled population? In my case, nothing would be good enough. But what about others? Where do you draw the line? Should they get 2x everything? 3x? 4x? 5x? When is it going too far? What if the line in the sand still just isn't good enough to get very many people to do it?

Meanwhile, the hardcore pvp players are getting bonuses just for playing how they enjoy playing. That's special treatment.

I'm a Darwinist. Things should be allowed to live and die based on their own merits, and ability to adapt. If pvp can't adapt or live on it's own merits, then it wasn't worth having in the first place.

Psychlop5765 likes this.
  13. Kolalutu

Kolalutu Member

How is this still an issue since they introduced the anti pk pill in Hefei? Whats there to still cry about?

14. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

The pure PvE players will remain PvE mode regardless and the pure PvP players will be in PvP mode. The problem is the pure PvP group is very small in comparison to the other two groups. Incentives are to target the players who like both PvE and PvP so they play in PvP mode for better rewards. This makes the players in PvP mode a larger player base rather than the 5% to 10% that make up the die hard PvPers.

As I stated before it in other threads the ratio should be set to +10%~20% for each bonus regarding PvP mode.

I'm sorry but it isn't my duty to force you to understand that MMOs are meant for a large group of diverse players along with the fact that your views/thoughts are very biased and one sided. You accused Blitzcronk of being very biased on the PvP side of the spectrum but you are being very biased on the PvE side of the spectrum.

Spite likes this.
  15. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I am not biased, I am a realist.
    The lack of interest in open-pvp shows that it is not popular. When presented with a way to turn it off, most of the people here do. That means they don't like it.
    Now, from all my observations, the people who like to pvp sometimes mainly do it either in duels or BP. When it's their choice and they are in the mood to do it. They don't want to be randomly attacked while they're trying to grind/farm/quest/party/chat/train, you know, do all the other stuff in the game. Rewards, especially ones that small, are not going to be enough to get them to do otherwise. They will continue to avoid open-pvp when they want to grind, and only pvp when they feel like it.

I recall that on one of the PvP servers in the past the publisher did a huge promotion trying to get the population back up. They gave away a bunch of stuff, and they always had more buffs and better Exp and Drop rates on the PvP server for events.
    It. Did. Not. Help.

That means that even rewards were not enough to get people to play there. Why? Because for a majority open-pvp is at the least, annoying. And the reward was not enough to make doing it worth that irritation.
    That server was getting something like double the boost rate of the PvE server, and it still wasn't enough to get people to play there. I'm talking 3x and 4x rates to the PvE server's 2x rate, and I seem to to recall once or twice they got as high as 5 or 6x rates, while the PvE server got 3x.
    And the population didn't increase at all.

You are assuming things would be different here based on? Nothing.

Net result, you are giving the PvP players boosts just for playing how they like to play in the first place. That is special treatment. It feeds the superiority complex they already have. Big uber733t pvper out ganking noobs, and all that jazz.
    People complained about it with the old publisher, and made the same points I have just made.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Psychlop5765 likes this.
  16. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

Realist? Life is about give and take. Sure the small bonus helps the PvP crowd but it will balance out as they will be getting killed more thus eliminating the huge bonus perk to begin with. As I see it the boosts will balance out and everyone will be happy. Also, You are only looking at this from one side whether you realize it or not and the side you are viewing it from is the PvE only side. My thoughts are give PvE players a free/extremely cheap way to turn it off while giving incentives to PvP so it doesn't die off. Many MMOs have this concept.

As for the PvP servers having bonus rewards it is because they were 100% pure PvP not a hybrid system on why they didn't really succeed. Hybrid systems usually have people entering PvP mode more frequently due to the option of them being able to turn it off when they wish to hardcore grind/farm in PvE compared to pure PvP servers getting players.

Out of curiosity. What is your MMO experience in both PvE and PvP over the years?

17. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

Honestly id rather it just be like us version.. Bp, cc and LL pvp maps only..was better that way least we made use of those maps..i use to love walkin in bp seeing like 50+ ppl in it just pking the crap outta each other and sz pking.. It was like that for years n how alot of ppl enjoyed it..
    Making massive changes like this after so many years just making everyone mad now or upset.. :/

crowncrown2407 likes this.
  18. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Life is about give and take? Since when? Acting as if everyone has a valid PoV, regardless of it's merits or lack thereof, is one of the worst problems in the world today.

They will be getting killed more because of their playing in a style they say they enjoy playing. If they need rewards for doing it, then they don't actually enjoy it.
    Open-pvpers say they enjoy the "risks" of playing that way. Well, if your idea of fun comes with consequences, that's your choice. Live with it.
    People with hangovers don't get preferential treatment just because they aren't feeling well. They made a choice, they have to live with it.

Eliminating what bonus perk? Not being forced to use a game feature we don't want to use? How is that a perk?

I am looking at it from the only side that matters. The side of reality and truth.
    If open-pvp can't survive on its own merits, then it clearly isn't worthwhile to begin with. If it dies off, it's because not enough people want to do it.
    They will still have BP, Duels and organized PvP events, but open-pvp shouldn't be treated as anything other than the game feature it is. And clearly it's not one many people want to use. If that hurts their feelings, too bad. That doesn't mean they should be entitled to forcing people to do open-pvp, or to bonuses.

We already have what you're describing. It's a map called BP. If people feel like doing pvp, they go there.
    What we have been talking about is open-pvp. Which the majority of people here clearly aren't interested in.

You aren't thinking it through far enough.
    First off, it's catering to a minority. I'm an egalitarian, a person who believes in true equality. You aren't talking equality, you want to cater to the open-pvp players. Trying to entice PvE players to put up with them for bonuses, just to make a minority happy. Equality has nothing to do with making everyone happy. It's about giving people the same treatment and opportunities.
    Why should the open-pvp players be given preferential treatment?

Secondly, unless you come up with PvP specific rewards, those bonuses are only useful to PvE play. And no one that wants to do PvE is going to bother messing around with open-pvp just for a tiny rate increase. Just for starters, they're giving away XP cards that give 2x and 5x, no one is going to risk losing time off those cards to do something they don't really like in the first place.
    You would have to make the incentive much bigger in order to get people to do open-pvp, meanwhile the ones who play that way because they like it are getting to play how they like, AND with bonuses, AND it would be because instead of letting their play style stand on its own merits, or fail on its lack thereof, you want to cater to them and give them special treatment. That is not equality.

In order for your scheme to work, and not just be feeding extra bonuses to the open-pvp players, it would have to get a significant number of people doing open-pvp on a regular basis. I say it wont work. And if I'm right, what then?
    Do you just keep giving the open-pvp players bonuses for doing something they would have been doing anyway?
    Do you keep jacking up the bonuses till you find a tipping point? And if so, how far do you go?

Why don't we make a poll and see what people have to say?

19. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

You didn't answer my question about your MMO experience. I have been playing MMOs long enough to understand how things work and the responses you gave are from a PvE perspective. Nothing I said caters towards PvP players but the neutral position.

If you never go PvP then why should you care if they give people in PvP a small boost to balance out getting PK'd. You gave no clear reason on why this small buff shouldn't be in the game. Yes, It is a person's choice to run with PvP turned on. However, Many games employ a boost to PvP mode so it balances getting attacked. Look around all MMOs with PvP mode.

Tera with PvP related content gives rewards for being a certain rank. Blade & Soul with an arena reward system. Shall I continue?

20. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I didn't answer because it's irrelevant. What works in another game, isn't necessarily going to work here.
    You haven't answered my questions at all, and they are relevant.

I am speaking from an objective perspective. PvP is a game feature. You can choose to use it, or not. If you like it, then you accept that you will get attacked. That is their trade off, in order to attack others, they can be attacked. End of story.
    Anything else is catering to them.
    The neutral position is letting players choose how they want to play, and not giving anyone anything extra for either.

I care because they already have a serious ego problem, and giving them extras will just feed their superiority complex.

Are either open-pvp, or are they organized pvp? Because we haven't been talking about organized pvp.
    Regardless, it just helps prove that pvp really isn't popular. If the only/main reason people do it is to get the rewards, then they don't actually like pvp. Which means games are wasting a lot of time and effort on pvp content.
    If people actually like it, then they shouldn't need any other reason.

It's precisely this sort of thing that's given them their sense of entitlement. They think they are special, and should be treated special.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Psychlop5765 likes this.
  21. xFlyingArtx

xFlyingArtx New Member

I think maybe you can't understand about the pooling...
    you may say i'm idiot... but sorry I don't wanna talk to people who more idiot than me... :)