Regarding CBT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abu, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Abu

Abu Member

Hello Everyone.

I Was Just Worried About One Thing, Now Since The CBT Will Only Last For A Week Or So,
    How Can We Test Some Of The Things Which Can Only Be Done At Higher Levels/Adv Maps?
    A Week Will Be Too Less A Time To Level Up Quite A Bit To Test Some Of The Higher Levels Quests Or Even The New Quests Which Are Due To Be Released .
    How Are RedFox Planning To Counter This?
    Say For Example, Making Higher Level/Superior Dungeon Runs , SvS , Jail/Wanted System,
    Testing New Stat System And How It Works On Bosses [ At Higher Level Maps] Etc .

Icynoob likes this.
  2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Just an idea, maybe they'll boost the XP and drop rates by a lot which would make sense 'cause we'd be able to test most things.

Abu likes this.
  3. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

I think the terminology 'closed beta' and 'open beta' are being a bit misinterpreted. Usually a closed beta comes directly after the alpha version but we've already skipped the alpha version mainly because most if not all the new content or revised content we'll be seeing has already been tested because has been previously tested sub consciously by the KR community. I think the closed beta is just a quick 1 stage cycle to prep for open beta so a majority of the content isn't going to be tested until open beta. Usually from my experience a closed beta is something you apply for or are invited to participate it, hence the name 'closed' - the game is closed off completely to the public so it can be extensively tested by the players participating in the beta.

What should be happening, the game stays closed until all or if not most of the bugs are discovered and rectified and then the game is put into a open beta stage once everything that is wrong has been corrected. We're most likely going to go into open beta fairly quickly because a lot of the content would have already been tested and an issues fixed because the content we are receiving isn't new and has been in other versions before we've seen it. Here is how I see the development cycle:

Alpha - past that stage because the content would hopefully be above that stage

Closed Beta - I don't think we'll need to be in this long because if the content isn't new it should have been rigorously tested long before release to this version and we realistically don't know how long this version has been on the back burner. If we're getting all the previous content GC had and then additional content the KR community had, we'll probably not need to worry too much about reiterating through closed phases. Don't forget there is no financial support from the community in this stage because Ahri stated the Item Mall won't be available so they don't want to stay in this stage for too long as they'll be losing out on profits. Even though this is a game publisher, this is still a business and a business needs financial backing to operate.

Open Beta - This is where we should be and we should remain until the new content has been tested, the content revision tweaks are made if need to be and everyone is happy for the release.

Release - This is where the game always ends up without proper testing and until the new content has been tested properly, we shouldn't even be at this stage in the development cycle.

We still don't know the rates on anything and we may not know until right before release of CBT so at this point it's all pure speculation and assumptions until we know exact information. If they were to be smart here and get the most coverage out of the small window of closed testing, they would ramp up the rates or supply each character with an abundance of experience/drop cards so we can quickly advance through the chengs and test as much content out as possible. The characters are being wiped before OBT so it wouldn't really matter in the CBT.

Realistically we won't see enough of the new content between the 4th and the 15th and if the CBT is only a week or so, we definitely won't see all of the content available.

Abu likes this.
  4. Abu

Abu Member

Thanks For The Heads Up @Blitzcronk , But My Main Issue Was As You Also Said While Finishing Your Previous
    Post, Is The Fact That We Wont Be Able To Test Most Of The Content.
    The Only Reason Why I Am Emphasizing On This is Because , Regardless That This Content Has Been
    Tested In the KR Version,
    But For Us, It Is Still A Fresh New Content , And We First Do Need To Learn About This Before We Can
    Find Out If There Are Any Bugs.
    And That "Getting Used To" Period Will Clearly Require More Than A Week.
    Not To Forget The Levels We Have To Make Up And
    Even More Importantly, All 4 Clan Roles Must Be Tested And The Second Role/ Advanced Skills
    Can Only Be Tested If We Reach A Higher Level.
    I Cant Emphasize Enough On The Leveling Up Part For Closed Beta.
    RedFox Can Probably Give Us A Testing IM/DB Level Char. But Yeah I Know It Shall Be Very Difficult.

5. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Learning content because it is new and testing content because it needs testing are two different issues. They're not going to prolong the testing phases so we can learn how the new content works, we'll learn how to use that content during open and release phase. I highly doubt we'll see testing template characters at those levels.

6. Abu

Abu Member

I Mean To Say, We Can Only Test The Content If We Know About It. And Knowing About It Shall Take Some Time.

7. Incognito

Incognito Member

Yes since we should be getting mostly content from kr it should of already been tested by kr audiance and devs so that sort of testing is unlikly to be needed. my bet is this cbt will be for following thing: there revisions such as the early quests (if thats not a feature already in kr) again translations could possibly be checking for start game. i think major thing will be no ingame related though. Red fox likly want to test there server? how well it handles the player base? is there to many players for server? is it configered correctly to handle playerbase laggy ect? and also generate possible numbers for if they may need to think about a second server ? these are just guesses but most games will use there cbta to check server settings on a larger audiance than alpha as in most cases alpha is a small seleect audianc of dev family freinds and community contributors ect?

8. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

According to Ahri we're getting the Korean version with "updated" bamboo and clan join quests. This is most likely the reason as to why the test is going to be up to a week long. There is nothing to test outside of that, since all of the "new" features have been available in the Korean version for over 5 years.

sain likes this.