Updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WindStruck, May 24, 2018.

1. Organic

Organic Member

Yup sounds like a weeks vacation 4 me. Smh

Junky91 likes this.
  2. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

personally I disagree with 90% of this statements...
    1.) GM communicated...they do communicate...hence false date....(you are just not satisfied), I don't like a lot of what they communicate...neither do you have to...but you can only communicate so much....
    2.) it's their company....they decide what patch to implement...not you the user...
    3.) yes they are "yes man" to Joongwoon......and but you do not know what their contract entails...so you would be wise to get facts before telling them not to jump....no one wants to loose their investment...
    4.) I personally believe..they should not listen to anyone's suggestion...unless it mirrors theirs..not everyone would like your, or my suggestions...its a company...they want to make money...so safest bet..would be to stick to Korean version as close as possible...
    5.) Personally...I like the pace of updates....would like more events like refine events, and some kind of craft event..."craft buff" and epi sale lol.... But they are doing a good enough job..that they can take my money!!!

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

except...your first point answered your question lol...it was not a an official thread....
    and he did say before that not sure of the date, will keep us posted...which he did...

GM]Ahri, "I am not 100% sure but will keep everyone informed once we get the official patch note. The Illusive Branch is an item to summon monsters."

so he was not sure...and rushed to bring us info....and let us know when it was a miss...
    I guess his biggest mistake was communicating with community....since people scrutinize even helpful behavior.....
    I guess people would be happier if he just ignored...and waited and post in official thread...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    GubRee likes this.
  4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

not all companies are the same...
    your company is your company...
    Redfox...is Redfox...
    And to me Redfox is doing decent job for a game publisher....EA is a big company...and their support sucks....its a hit and miss... just like here...
    so you expecting too much....
    and Its not really hard to add items to boxes or item mall...since they already have 99% groundwork...

do they have the update? NO!!

It sucks but...we are all gonna have to be patient...

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

this is a little bit of a downer...
    but
    thank you for keeping us posted.

6. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Hi man, I'm not completely against what you say, but I'd just like to point out some things.
    *I think that's a good point already, you don't have to understimate that. Users must be satifsfied.
    *Of course. But if they listen more to the users maybe it would be better for them. (still avoiding trollish opinions)

*Is a contract some sort of sacred or superior law? No one is forced to sign a contract. RedFox subscribed it and gotta take responsability for that.
    *In my humble opinion I'd say: the happier the customers, the more the company makes money. Tho probably it can be true that the best strategy is to stick to Koeran version, I can't say for sure.
    At the end I don't think that RedFox is the worst of the companies; many things are positive. But in my personal experience I can say they are not much serious in certain circumstances, especially treating with customers. So reminding them that they have to convince customers, and not the opposite, is a healthy thing in my opinion.

Anyway it's a must to say that you and ChowChow are very right about the fact that it wasn't an official statement and GM wanted to give a "gift" disclosing some infos.
    It happens sometimes that you want to help someone, or you want to do more than what you should, and it ends up worse then you doing just your duty :) sorry for that :)

And anyway it's not a big problem for me to wait another week, I'm not even in game and I am around just because I saw that update coming. When it comes I think I'll make a jump in to take a look at it :D

Cheers

7. JasonStatham

JasonStatham Active Member

The "official" date for summer is June 21st, so technically it's not summer yet, even though the weather might be nice. The Summer event might be one month or 20 something days long, so I wont be surprised if it comes at the end of June or a little earlier than that.

8. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Please don't forget they could delay the patch announced the way you are speaking of by two weeks. Almost every patch has been delayed. We were waiting for the spring event, we supposed to get "awesome" summer event instead. And here it is... Oh wait, it isn't. We'll eventually get it... in December or so.

Why would they hire more people if the game is dying and people lost any will to play with its pure pay2win-ness?

And yeah, not checking the holiday is kinda >bad< choice.

9. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

a contract is a sacred law lol...and they do have to pay for their contract....once you sign a contract it is forced...

and you are right, listening to customers is good...not listening to customer can be also good...depending on situation....listening can backfire...
    but at the end of the day, they have to pick a strategy lol....

I just wish people would be more lenient when someone throws them a bone is all...

personally I would rather chase a bone than silence...

And lastly... it is impossible to satisfy users...in every MMO or video game, or real life....I have never seen all users satisfied..... you will win some..and some will hate you.....

10. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Don't forget the reasoning behind not getting a spring event. It was because they were working on this class balance patch, which includes the summer event.

http://forums.playredfox.com/index....-exp-3x-skill-and-3x-drops.42606/#post-405425

Junky91 and Yasumori like this.
  11. hayeuanh

hayeuanh Member

i'm waiting for a new server.....

12. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Won't happen imo. It's probably the last official 9Dragons server.

Stereotyped likes this.
  13. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Yes, they could do that. Under their agreement terms that we all signed up for, we have no power here. Look, I am not trying to bash the game here. Only pointing out the negligence on their part. I genuinely want the common good for all.

I am not talking about specific game here. This company as whole needs more staff. I feel like that would fill the communication gap between the community and staff.

Junky91 likes this.
  14. WindStruck

WindStruck Member

in defence of ahri and redfox, i made this thread for one reason, so they could give us hints and prieviews of new content and things to talk about in regards to the game we love, and ahri provided just that.

granted there have been mixed opinions but the intention of the thread has been met and we are all talking about it.

and again although these hints and previews are coming from a gm and as a few other users have pointed out, you should not take anything said on a non 'official' thread as set in stone, deadlines change, bugs emerge, holidays happen, we dont know what goes on in RF and JW offices and to be honest they dont have to tell us everytime something goes wrong.

in the grand scheme of things, from what ahri has shared with us this is going to be one of the biggest patches we have had in a very long time, forgive them for running into delays.
    yes its frustrating, i myself have planned role changes, new weapons, trained up a few lowbie characters in preperation and its killing me that we have to wait another week. but again we are making progress as a community and them as publishers.

they are human, they make mistakes.
    and yeah its a fair few but hey we are getting content and we are getting it on a regular basis, they are replying to more threads more often and slowly bringing this game back from the brink of another move to another publisher.

everything great takes time and working with an impatient community can be hard, but good on them for not just giving up on us and passing the game off to someone else.

15. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

16. Neoblad3

Neoblad3 Member

Well if i see right, Ahri posted some sreenshots and info from JW content which they recived probably from developer.

Look Dix i like this game to, but im not blind how RF acts, this short period of time when they posted couple messages doesnt change anything. Let me ask you how would you describe this whole time interval between releasing KL content patch and this moment ( let me remind you bout for ex. christmas "event" fix update , releasing "balanced" item mall decos , roll backs, nerfed < cough > fixed drop rates - just look around ingame and on forum theres planty more ).
    Lets make a deal, if RF company will act as profesional publisher in the next half year ill gladly post message with apologies. Seriously looking foreward for new "balance" patch i have high hopes for it :)

17. Stereotyped

Stereotyped Well-Known Member

Yeah, about all that... I don't know... but... You know.
    Anyway that's a lot of damage.

dixbutts likes this.
  18. Gescape

Gescape Member

Ahri I have one more question i think nobody asked so far - what about c11 lightfoot? Most or all of us used c11 tome which we got from rtd quests, but if you reset all our skills, that would mean we'll be able to bring our lightfoot back only to c10, since we no longer have c11 tome.

19. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

except they replied to your friends question....correctly lol...

Personally I think a lot of people here are salty....have stressfull lives and are taking it out on game and GM'S....

people need to take chill pills.....

And no, you cannot do better customer service than them...that is just you talking out...
    do you know how many people play game? how many tickets they get? what issues tickets have?

its one thing to criticize outta anger...
    but don't act like you can do better...

If companies like EA...can't.....
    I doubt you as a person can do better...

what did you want then to reply with?

they provided the info in forum...takes 1 minute to search it up...
    your friend was wasting time they could have spent on other more important tickets...
    and they gave him and answer...
    and you blow a gasket...cause they did not word it how you want?

makes no sense...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Saeky likes this.
  20. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

It`s no problem as long as we can buy Expert LF from clan NPC (this one who is selling manuals).