about STR point for Healer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LingSian, Jul 21, 2017.

1. LingSian

LingSian New Member

HG gloves's str required is 192. If I assign my str only 192 or up to 200. Then else go Con.

It will make me weak or not? because str is too low. (warrior role's weapon need 311 STR and that is more than me too much) I never played melee healer before - -

I'll re-stat and Mastery tomorrow.

please help, Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Ripmaskedman likes this.
  2. HuoZhaiShe

HuoZhaiShe Active Member

what lvl are you?
    why are you re stating?
    I dont mean to be rude but, i dont get u quite well.. 200 seems too low for u but 311 seems too high.. have u tried 200 or 300? did u feel weak?
    again.. im not trying to play smart or being rude, i just like these "build me up" post.. i can always learn new things :)

Ripmaskedman likes this.
  3. LingSian

LingSian New Member

I'm HG4 right now and become HG5 soon

I always play WT warrior since accliam (until now but my war char is HG 8 right now. So, I'm boring to grind more then I make new healer char) and this is my first time of healer. I just noticed that strength required of gloves(and all healer wep.) is very low and lower than other melee type wep. This server suggest is go on Dex and Con bestter than Str. That mean I confuse to assign chi of this healer haha.

I need to learn more about him. and I think when I reach HG8 as my War char I will try Nuker or Hybrid one.

BTW, thanks for all help above :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Ripmaskedman likes this.
  4. Yiotis

Yiotis New Member

You just noticed that, but it has always been the same in all 9Dragon versions.

Clan secondary weapons (Daggers, Axes, Hand and Fist[=gloves]) have always had a lower STR requirement than the main clan weapons (Wheels, Swords, Sabers, Staffs, Spears and Polearms).

The reason behind this choice was that those were the weapons of choice for the Warriors of each clan. And in the class selection in game, it describes Warriors as the strongest members of their clan. It calls them the Vanguard of the clan if I remember correctly.
    The other roles, while they do learn how to use the main weapon of their clan, since they specialize in a different category of skills, they prioritize different stats. So the secondary clan weapon used by the Strategists [=Healers] and Hybrids have stats more tailored to their choices, thus the lower STR requirement.

But since this is a game and you can put your stat points anywhere you want, there is some flexibility on what you can do.
    That's why in older versions the CK Hybrid was so popular. and many Healers went full STR and used the main clan weapon cause it did more dmg with the basic active skill, than the secondary weapon with its best 2nd role active. (I have not tried it, but I do believe they were wrong about this).

However in this version of 9Dragons Dex is the most needed stat, even for CK Users. which begs the question, are warriors harmed by a heavy Dex build? They need Dex for both offence and defense, they need a lot of STR for weapons and dmg, and a decent Constitution is required as well...'
    But if you build your Healer as a warrior, it will actually be good, minus the HP department, but the best way to counter that is with Con ornaments on clothes. just like KProphetK said. Probably the only efficient way...
    I think i'm moving towards a different topic, so I'll just stop typing...

5. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reason it was changed is because of the stat system being revised. When the KR version got updated weapons, we got the same thing, and it wasn't changed to fit the old stat system.

CK Hybrid was so popular because of the ability to spam defense nukes, and grind about 4x faster than any other class. LOB was the only clan that it worked on at first and then the developers decided to 'fix' it by making the 100% application bug apply to every clan in the previous versions. BOT healers and SF healers almost always used their own weapons ( Axe, Dagger ) respectively since they do more damage than gloves, while allowing them to still use their clan active.

DEX is useless in PvE after a certain point, since every mob in KL/Temples have massive amounts of attack rating/defense, they will essentially never miss you unless you have more than 30000+ dodge.