Operating system requirements.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CelticApothecary, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CelticApothecary

CelticApothecary New Member

Hi there I was just wondering if you must have a windows operating system to run the game, or will it work on any of the linux programs? I am not pleased with windows 8 or 10, right now I am running 7 but it is getting harder to keep. I have considered switching to linux on my desktop, but want to make sure the game will run on it first. Thanks and have a lovely day.

2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The only alternative with Linux is WINE but that doesn't work at all with 9dragons:
    https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4561

You also need the Microsoft Redistributables, DirectX 9.0 as necessary dependencies to run 9dragons.

Gameguard will more than likely not work because it requires a ton of kernal drivers from the WinAPI.

3. CelticApothecary

Well that is unfortunate. I really dislike the way windows is tending. Maybe I will just leave it on my desktop and run something else on another computer. Of course I suppose I could dual boot.

4. Blitzcronk

Windows 10 is turning into the main OS for microsoft, everything is gearing towards it. What don't you like about Windows right now? I would suggest sticking to dual boot, don't try running 9d through a virtual machine, you'll run into many mouse DPi issues.

5. CelticApothecary

Mostly I don't like the apps. The way everything is still being geared towards mobile devices, which I largely do not use. I don't even own a tablet for goodness sakes. It might take a while but I guess I will get used to how Windows 10 runs.

6. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

Jesus Christ what are you even talking about, you peasant.

7. Blitzcronk

Then don't use the apps? You don't have to use the store for anything, you can download executables and install them. If you don't like the metro live tiles on the start menu, remove them. The OS is universally being used by Xbox, Windows phones, Surfaces, pretty much everything is natively supporting 10 now.

8. detox

detox New Member

Cannot run 9dragons on windows 7 VMware. it says "GameGuard initialisation error. Try rebooting"

9. shadowdemon98

shadowdemon98 New Member

I think he tried to be different but it just didn't work

10. raymundz345

raymundz345 New Member

hi do you guys know the system requirements of RF online?

11. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Don’t switch to anything or else you will run into problems making it even more frustrating. Keep in mind that this game is more than a decade old. It won’t like changes at all.