What I don't understand about 2017 rap songs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Drevius, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

Why the beat be fire but the lyrics have you trying to use google translate?
    I like the beat from magnolia but the lyrics from this guy is booty. It's a meme though that's why it's funny

Darkster23, Panthaero and tamirtov like this.
  2. Castries

Castries Well-Known Member

that love some feel for certain instrumentals and dubstep. ..it puts them in a mood, a feeling and gets them pumped. Picture that goal of getting people pumped. Now, they supplement the instrumentals with vocals. Maybe its a rapper just rapping something catchy over and over but it flows well with the beat. Then people take it a step further and add more lyrics to the song. these lyrics and instrumentals are different from "normal" ones because they serve a singular or basic purpose which is most often to get you hyped. Therefore, I conclude that Mumble Rap is indeed a musical art form. That combines hype or club instrumentals with catchy lyrics and adlibs. And if you don't like that kind of rap then there are still plenty of others.
    Dave East, Joey BADASS, Logic, K.Dot, J.Cole, Chance, Gambino and a whole ton

3. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  4. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

is this a hot new pasta you found? if so where can I find it because google fails me

5. Castries

no i just wrote that myself LMAO

6. Rugei

Rugei Autumn 2019 Fashion King

i don't even listen to rap

7. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Hunnid thou on a hunnid thousand

8. Castries

when u in a club are u gonna be researching ur essay on Rhythm and Poetry? no
    u gonna be twerking on that thick transgender thottie in the dark while ur dingaling
    gets more rock solid than Exiled's whenever he sees the word TINY
    ITS GONNA GET U HYPED AND ITS GONNA GET U PUMPED.
    UNLESS U HATE EVERY SINGLE 'MUMBLE RAP' SONG 100% STFU ABOUT IT

12characters likes this.
  9. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now, lad.

Castries likes this.
  10. Pocajong

Pocajong Well-Known Member

You can blame mumble rap picking up trending for that
    Its all a fad till the next wave comes so I guess ride it out

11. Castries

production is a little trash but I like it

Zasty likes this.
  12. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

noname best rapper