How to save PVP and TAO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soloseff, Mar 12, 2017.

1. soloseff

soloseff Member

Hey guys, i had some idea's (probably won't be implemented, but i still would like to share them.)

First of all, remove the dumb hp pills, they make it boring and way too long to even start pvping.

Second thing is add a reward system or loyalty at BP guard. This could be done easily.. something like this:
    Kill ''x'' amount of BoT disciples and get a certain relic
    Kill ''x'' amount of imperial and get a certain relic

There also should be a update on the karma plates.. it hasnt been updated since the game launched and karma isnt something special anymore besides the karma titles.

My third suggestion is to add a penalty for attacking someone 24 lvls and below. There already is a warning system, but add a penalty as well.

Last thing: REMOVE THE JAIL SYSTEM, IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE AND IT REALLY SUCKS.

4efo123 likes this.
  2. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

I have a better idea. And that would help save 9Dragons, not just TAO and PvP!

RedFox, drop this game so next publisher in the queue can pick it up. It cannot go worse

MrGauGau and balb1n0 like this.
  3. soloseff

soloseff Member

Redfox is doing a great job

4. jayjay24

jayjay24 New Member

Good incentives but PVP is not dead. It's very much active in other maps.

5. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

I know you're from Guardian and I'm one of the team too. I don't know why PvP bothers you soo much? Guardian is a PvE league, you can't pk people. Anyway, let's say this is for all players, not just presenting yourself.

I agree if hp pills can't be used in PvP mode but I won't agree if they remove it. You ought to know that not all of us are equipped with amazing gears. HP pills can help us to tank bosses, finish dungeons, and whatsoever. Despite of its disadvantages, there are some advantages you need to be aware of.

Hence, there are various amount of updates have been made into the game. Certain things are being worked on, I'm very sure. Although some of them might seem useless to some players, those updates have made the game more challenging than it was before. New materials to collect, new gears to obtain and much more. I'm not saying your suggestion is bad, just stating that the publisher has made the game even more enjoyable.

Penalty for attacking 24 levels below may lead to people's rage. Most of us are HG level and up. The difference in level is just too low. The current system is fine as it is. If HG people can only pk those who are DB+ , I can't see the fun in it. Yes, some pkers only kill low players. Why? Because some of them are not strong enough to kill high level players and it's not a BAD thing. Don't tell me you'll fight someone 10x times stronger than you in real life? That's suicide, mate. Kill who you can kill, that's what mmorpg games are. People don't fight a battle they can't win. They're not dumb, but genius. Common sense.

Removing jail system will result in PKing in HZ/LD non stop. I agree if it's removed from Yin, but not Tao. Tao is PvE server.

I'm still wondering why the PK system bothers you so much though, but never mind. Remember, I'm PvE myself. All of these are based on my common senses. No offense, chill. :)

6. soloseff

soloseff Member

I directed this topic to Tao only and not to Yin. Reason for it is that i think TAO should be fully PVE in grinding maps. My suggestions are there to make BP a better and more PvP enjoyable place. The way TAO is, imo is already PvE. So me joining guardians doesnt really have to do anything with it being pve or pvp. I enjoy the league and the people are nice there.

We have a combat mode that we enter in, thats when HP pills shouldnt be effective anymore. It was the same back in the day when heals from a healer or hyb were reduced in effect during combat mode.

As regarding to the penalty, thats a way to limit the differences between enjoyability. Why does one have to enjoy pvp until they've grinding their behinds off and completed all the level achievements of the game? I think everyone should be able to enjoy PvP (in BP) and the only way to do that without being killed every second is to put a lvl limit on who you can attack. It doesn't even need to be a penalty. Just the option to attack people that are 200lvls lower then you are isnt something i agree with. You could remove the restriction when there is a BvW warr or something.

BP being dead has everything to do with PVP being enabled in other maps. Why would people even bother going there if they can just chill in KL and PvP there. It was the same with acclaim's maps. Asura (pvp server) was always empty in BP and pvp was going on in other maps. While Bardo and Yang were PvE... BP was always crowded there. To make it even more challenging i suggested that there could be a reward/loyalty system at BP's guard.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the game as it is. But 9dragons and PvP is amazing imo, if its done right atleast.

7. soloseff

soloseff Member

It is dead, unless you're lvl capped or almost lvl capped.

8. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Yeah I got your point totally. In the past, people used BP to enjoy pking people and I remember how it was. It was totally amazing with tonnes of people around but you can't expect each publishers to do the same thing over and over again. People want improvements and they improved the game and still giving more in the future.

Don't take it personal but I wonder why some people want improvements in the game but still want the old stuffs around? Where would the improvements be if you guys are craving for the old stuffs. I've played this game since Acclaim version and I knew how it was. Don't get me wrong, I am totally not against your opinions but if you really want everything goes like it was before, you're terribly wrong. Game changes, system changes, new weapons, new collectible gears, all of them are improvements that have been made in the game. However, some of us may see these improvements as a mess or as an advantage. Those who see it as an advantage and something worth to spend with, will really enjoy the game the most. You just can't wish BP to be like it was, it might happen but near to impossible. We have KL now, HZ, LD? What's the problem with pking in those maps?

I think you just want the "moment" that was really amazing at BP to happen again in this version. Mate, you really need to rethink about. Thoroughly.

Next, your comment about penalty on pking too very low level. I don't know if you have even been pked before, if you had, you should've told league mates. We will arrest them as long as you make him/her wanted. I'm totally against this one, that's because they don't pk all the time. Don't tell me you get pked every single time you come to HZ/LD or any other PvP maps? No, right? You can grind and if there's someone pk you, tell league mates. If we somehow superior, we'll arrest them and put them in jail. That's why we need jail system, if there's no jail system, I don't know how would we grind.

Like usual, no offense. :)

9. soloseff

soloseff Member

i get your point, but i'm abosolutley not asking to bring back the old BP. I'm saying make BP even better then it was. A map made for PvP and nothing else. That's why i said combine it with new options like loyalty at the BP guard or w/e.

I dont have any problem with being pked by anyone and i've never cried about that or anything like that. I'm not complaining about the lvl differences in pve maps. I'm saying make the grind maps pve and the lvl restriction should be directed to BP.

Its a way to enjoy PvP from very low lvls. I actually like pre-second role pvp but thats almost impossible atm.

Anyway, its just a suggestion. Some people can agree, some, like you, disagree. No problem there at all.

Its not only a way to make PvP better then it is now, but its also a way to make Tao more populated. If i compare Yin and Tao atm, there is almost no difference. Making Tao fully pve with BP as the pvp place to be brings something unique and special to TAO

i dont mind either way, the reason behind my topic isnt just PVP but its also a way to populate Tao more.

Zaitrey likes this.
  10. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Well the hp pills are needed since ppl hitting 10k + crits on ppl. They need to make the dmg cap in pvp back to what it was. You basically can't pvp unless you got the same gear as the person you're attacking.

11. Gawda

Gawda New Member

played this game 10 years ago, how's pvp in this game now?

12. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

I like pvp servers but I like pve servers more. I think that they should make it PVP from all maps after tibet. Maybe the GMs can have a month or so where people get to vote for a pvp/pve server and only change if over 75% of votes are for PVE server.

13. khanarya

khanarya Member

KL is PVP map with hp pills at half potential. Maybe you don't grind in KL yet, but the map chat is mostly filled with drama. Pkers and pkees both arguing and complaining. Just like BP used to be. So why go BP when you have KL and LL. We use BP only on BvsW wars and CC dungeon. And the chat in CC is also drama and flame wars.

14. soloseff

soloseff Member

So what your saying is.. its normal to grind hours and hours before you can enjoy pvp? Doesnt make any sense. KL is a map where you can pvp if you're HG+

15. khanarya

khanarya Member

I think you also forget about the HZ and LD maps. But guess what, not everyone wants to enjoy pvp. Jasmines don't pvp. We are a full Pve league. IN HZ or LD, if a player wants to pvp, he/she won't use the buff. All other games have an option: "request for pvp". Only here you get attacked so unexpected.