1-2 internet bar Problem

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Frexxy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Frexxy

Frexxy New Member

Hello fellow Fighters.

I'm and old player returning from a long break from RF. I saw it is launched by steam now, so i decided to install it and have a play off.

But... I logged on the RF smoothly without any problems and error msgs, and started customizing my character, but then when i finally felt like, Now it's time to play i noticed that i have 1-2 Connection Bar to everyone even those who are logged on from the same city as me.

I contacted the Developer and fellow players, aswell as reading through a lot of issue solving guides. and this still hasn't changed a bit for me.

Info:
    - I have a stable internet connection on 60mb Download / 40mb Upload
    - I'm connected to the internet with a Ethernet Cable.
    - I'm currently located in The capital of Denmark

I have done following:
    - Changed my IPV4 from Private to Global
    - Portforwarded Rumble Fighter
    - Disabled my Anti Virus shield. on my computer aswell on my Router to see if it helped.

But none of the solutions above worked out for me. does anyone have any idea or method THEY used to fix this problem.

Regards
    Frexxy
    PS: I've already tried Aery/Alban/almighty's Guide on how to fix the problem.

2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

I think VPNs might affect your connection as well

Other than that, you tried most of the suggestions people would've told you to do

@Jamari

3. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

I doubt it's 60/40 for USA, you probably tested it for your country alone.

4. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

Are your "friends" playing among each other with minimum latency?
    Do a speedtest.net connection test to a San Jose,California server and share your results.

5. Vital

Vital Active Member

Im from the same country as Frexxy and even though we only live 300 km away from eachother I still see him with 1 bar. There's other players from Denmark as well whose have 4 bars pretty much all the time so it's nothing about the distance between EU and NA. I can play with Americans with about 80 ping.

KarateMan likes this.
  6. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

You need higher speeds (100-200d/l) to avoid massive ping with Americans - are you trying to play in the EU server or are you using the Free Channel?

7. Frexxy

Frexxy New Member

Yea i see, Despite my normally great internet, i only reach San Jose with 5mbs/2mbs, but im a EU player and i don't even have 2 bars to EU players