[Scroll Suggestion] ~Incendium~ W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by uFuuLOL, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Wanna see this in Rumble Fighter?

1. Yep

37.5%
  2. Nope

62.5%
  1. fixicebreaker

fixicebreaker Active Member

list of people who can understand the gifs:
    • you

if you want actual input, then present something that can be taken seriously. otherwise, keep your tears to yourself and stop pushing everything else down

KarateMan likes this.
  2. KarateMan

KarateMan Active Member

don't be like prizmo was with rekka pls
    ty!

3. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I just said that because it was stating that it was related to Angi in a way, I also said or so I didn't imply it was an upgrade I think that is what Blood Fang is trying to imply.

As for anything the gifs just move too fast, that seeing what happens in each step is a bit difficult but not impossible.

KarateMan likes this.
  4. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

i don't have any editing software to make the gifs, but if you can recommend me an open source gif maker that can make reasonable frame rates i would be happy to change the gifs. thank you for your input c:

5. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

my tears? you're the one who started this argument. and i actually did change the description and the gifs will be updated to a higher frame rate. now please, move along to some other person to annoy.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

screen2gif + imgur worked for me when it comes to capturing in-game, and used as GIFs
    https://screentogif.codeplex.com/
    http://imgur.com/

Don't worry so much about tiny

tiny's input holds a great amount of wisdom, especially when he's proven to win 2 scroll contests in a row

it's with his help, I was able to win the scroll contest as well

BJJFromGJJ and KarateMan like this.
  7. Shana

and I must add that in order to utilize screen2gif effectively, you must also use GIMP/Photoshop to crop out the unnecessary parts of the screen capture

https://www.gimp.org/
    In order to open a GIF file using GIMP:
    1. Right click your .GIF file
    2. [Open with]
    3. [GNU (GNU Image Manipulation Program)]

and then use this site to resize the whole gif with ease (or also edit other things)

http://ezgif.com/

once you finished editing through ezgif, then it is ready to be uploaded through imgur (I recommend you make an account for this).

KarateMan likes this.
  8. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

thank you! i didn't really have anything to make gifs with so i usually asked my friend to make them for me. so i really appreciate you helping me out. but i don't think you should glorify tiny's insult to my scroll, and for not providing any real input other than telling me to stop being salty. it may have not been his intention to insult my work, but he did and i don't think he has the mental capacity to actually admit where he is wrong. i did take his "advice" into account and updated the scroll though, and i do feel like it is better in some way.

9. Shana

tiny's input was basically this:

When the scroll contest results came out, there was a clear connection to all the winners: Visuals

Visuals is the key to winning the scroll contest, as the devs may have a hard time time reading english due to the language barrier. The winners had very clear visuals, and the devs are able to understand what is going on.

This is why tiny stresses so much on the visuals, especially when it comes to animation+presentation

If there are people signalling that the GIF is hard to understand, it's possible that the devs can also have a hard time understanding it.

hence his comment, "15fps slideshow gif"

To me, the main PPPPP punch combo transition doesn't feel right for me. The first punch animation ended so fast, that it would require a very keen eye to notice what the first punch looks like. And the first to second punch transition would require some speed edits. The second punch seems like a left straight with the right hand going back, but this is hard to convey without some edits on the speed.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    KarateMan likes this.
  10. Shana

But if your GIF can go 30FPS, that would actually make it much easier to see

and if you are also capable of making your GIF 60FPS (tiny's standard of GIF speed), then that would be even better.

Not every computer can do 60FPS, but I'm certain 30FPS is achievable

KarateMan likes this.
  11. fixicebreaker

fixicebreaker Active Member

what a riot
    i insulted your description, and the description isn't the "actual scroll," right? apparently the laws of the universe were rewritten without my knowledge and now the description really is part of the scroll. congratulations man

although i admit telling you to stop being salty really was the best thing i've said in this thread, there isn't anything else i can tell you when you try to ridicule my attempt to help

50fps is actually the max a gif can go without lagging but all my gifs have been 30fps

BJJFromGJJ, Shana and KarateMan like this.
  12. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

thanks for helping i guess? you literally said "don't ?? me boy" like you expected me to know what you were talking about. (which if you're so experienced you should've known I wasn't experienced because the gifs were low frame rate) Then you just barge in here like i did it on purpose. You said 2 things that were both with a rude tone and i took it as you trying to insult my scroll instead of helping. If you wanted to help, you should've done it like Shana, because it was said with a nice tone and had reasonable statements. I'm sorry for arguing but come on, please be more considerate of new people on forums.

13. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

I understood what he meant as soon as he said "don't ?? me boy" and posted the picture with the gif properties. But couldn't he rather say "Hey i think you should update your gifs, the frame rate is a bit low and i cant see the combos clearly" and i would've asked sooner for the stuff to make higher fps gifs. This didn't need to turn into an argument.

14. KumaSleepingBag

KumaSleepingBag New Member

who cares

15. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

wow! nice meme my man! really got me with that one ^o^ rawr xd

16. Shana

oh guess I still have much more to learn

17. Shana

tiny's delivery on his message is usually done in a satirical way

at the end of the day he's trying to help lol

18. KumaSleepingBag

KumaSleepingBag New Member

higher frame rate gif confirmed my suspicions with punch combo. list all the animations you used and the ones you plan to use for the other combos. i will test them. i don't know why i'm still on this account
    brb

19. uFuuLOL

uFuuLOL New Member

I know the combos look choppy, so if you can find a more fitting animation i would greatly appreciate that. I'm a little new to this whole animation thing.
    Here are the animation's i used so far
    PPPPP = Azteca's PPPP
    PPPPP = Shield Cannon's KKKK
    PPPPP = Azteca's PPPP
    PPPPP = Plum Ninjutsu's PPPP
    PPPPP = Azteca's PPPP

20. KarateMan

KarateMan Active Member

We got "(scroll) trash scroll yet again(too lazy to type other ****)" and "who cares"
    What's next?