Completely Tradeable Item Mall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KillerBite, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Do you think the Item Mall should be completely tradeable?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    94.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

Hi i was just thinking why not have the whole item mall with every item tradeable, this way it prevents problems like scams or things going wrong etc but also will help boost the 9d economy and just make life a whole lot easier in the game. This would benefit a lot of people so i figured i'd ask here to see what the community and GM thinks.

Oitza, TresBeau and Swim like this.
  2. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

indeed, hope the staff atleast consider this as im sure many will agree it will be a cool idea

Oitza likes this.
  3. XxChaRxX

XxChaRxX New Member

decreases scams and etc..

Oitza likes this.
  4. DadSav

DadSav Member

I would at least like to know why it is not already? Ahri, care to comment?

Oitza likes this.
  5. sardaukar2016

sardaukar2016 Member

I didn't vote yet because:
    1. I don't see how it would prevent any scams - anyone care to explain?
    2. I don't think it's going to happen.
    It would mean less income for RedFox because people would buy more for in-game currency from other players, and less for real money in Item Mall. Am I wrong here?

Samclub likes this.
  6. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

Let me break them down for you. 1. With the currect gift and trade system we have in the item mall, players who do wish to spend and sell items to other players for gold can only do so based on a 'Trust' basis because 1 player has to trade gold first or the IM spender has to gift the item first. Therefore you can see where the problems can occur, i can vouch and say it happened to me when i first started playing here too, i gifted items to a player but never got gold. Hence why i wanna change that.
    2. Well its just a proposal and as long as people keep voting it makes it shown as a real issue and RF will tend to have a look into it if they know many players are wanting a change. On the income side of things, it could infact increase currency for RF because of the whole trust thing people are scared to trade with others because they feel like they might get scammed, pretty hard to trust someone you dont know. Therefore if everything is tradeable this should increase spending a heck of a tonne, i know myself i would be buying more items through this if such a system was implemented. Others will agree with me too that if a openly fully tradeable Item Mall in game is working then more people will Buy these items and spend because they know they can have a lot less hassle and make a lot easier gold then before.

Oitza likes this.
  7. sardaukar2016

sardaukar2016 Member

Ok now I understand. Come to think of it, especially the 2nd point might be the key to increasing the players base.
    So: Good Idea!

KillerBite likes this.
  8. FlyingSteps

FlyingSteps New Member

9. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

Bet the ones who voted know like to abuse the current system lmao

Oitza likes this.
  10. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

GM Ahri any response on this please?

11. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

We have asked if all cash shop items could be made tradable. Unfortunately, this request is not possible because we share the same item IDs with the KR server. To change an item in the marketplace to tradable, the developers have to create a new item ID for that item. Therefore, if you have any request, please share them with us.

12. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

I would like to request them all changed, you can clearly see many players are behind me on this and will agree if all items are changed, no matter how long it takes to change the Item ID it will make the game a lot more enjoyable and safer for majority of players. Which at the end of us day benefits the us and you guys.

13. AlphaGod

AlphaGod New Member

please make a request to at least change the premiums to tradable.

14. Quadrafury

Quadrafury New Member

Why not make credit tradable in game. Way to do this is through auction. When someone buy the credits a key is issued. Then add away for that person to type in key on marketplace.

KillerBite likes this.
  15. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

still could be subject to scammers if people sell fake keys as such. The real solution would be a completely tradeable item mall, i know it might be hard work but it will be worth it in the long run

16. Quadrafury

Quadrafury New Member

People would not be selling the keys or claim tickets for credits. It would be just like buying weapons, BE's or whatever else in auction. A scammer could generate 50 million keys but they not linked to a transaction. They would be useless.
    Say you wanted to sell 1k credits. Put them in auction for price you think is fair or what you want from them. I buy your credits. At this time a key or transaction number is generated for purchase. Then I would enter key or ticket on my account for credits. A lot of different games have put in a way to sell credits in game. It also cuts down on gold sellers and other outside sources trying to scam people in game.

17. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Code:
    bool _XGameItem::CheckUserTrade( char cType, unsigned short sID )
    {
        char cEqual = GetEqualItemType( cType );

switch( cEqual )
        {
            case _XGI_FC_WEAPON:
            {
                _XGI_WeaponItem_Property* pWeaponItem = ( _XGI_WeaponItem_Property* ) GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pWeaponItem )
                {
                    if ( g_LanguageType == _XLANGUAGE_TYPE_USA && CheckCashItem( cEqual, sID ) )
                        return true;
                    else
                        return pWeaponItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
                }
            }

break;

case _XGI_FC_CLOTHES:
            {
                _XGI_ClothesItem_Property* pClothesItem = ( _XGI_ClothesItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pClothesItem )
                {
                        return true;
                    else
                        return pClothesItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
                }
            }

break;

case _XGI_FC_BOOK:
        {
            _XGI_BookItemProperty* pBookItem = ( _XGI_BookItemProperty* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pBookItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    return pBookItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_POTION:
        {
            _XGI_PotionItem_Property* pPotionItem = ( _XGI_PotionItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pPotionItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    return pPotionItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_CONSUMING:
        {
            _XGI_ConsumingItem_Property* pConsumingItem = ( _XGI_ConsumingItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pConsumingItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    return pConsumingItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_ELIXIR:
        {
            _XGI_ElixirItem_Property* pElixirItem = ( _XGI_ElixirItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pElixirItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    return pElixirItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_COUNTERACT:
            break;

case _XGI_FC_QUEST:
        {
            _XGI_QuestItemProperty* pQuestItem = ( _XGI_QuestItemProperty* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pQuestItem )     // selling quest items in item mall? ha, bet its a planned feature
                return pQuestItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_ACCESSORY:
        {
            _XGI_AccessoryItem_Property* pAccessoryItem = ( _XGI_AccessoryItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pAccessoryItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    return pAccessoryItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_LIFE:
        {
            _XGI_LifeItem_Property* pLifeItem = ( _XGI_LifeItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pLifeItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    pLifeItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_SOCKET:
        {
            _XGI_SocketItem_Property* pSocketItem = ( _XGI_SocketItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pSocketItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    pSocketItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_BOX:
        {
            _XGI_BoxItemProperty* pBoxItem = ( _XGI_BoxItemProperty* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pBoxItem )
            {
                    return true;
                else
                    pBoxItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
            }
        }

break;

case _XGI_FC_BOXKEY:
        {
            _XGI_BoxKeyItem_Property* pBoxKeyItem = ( _XGI_BoxKeyItem_Property* )GetFirstTypeItemPorperty( cType );

if ( pBoxKeyItem ) // pay for keys unlock blue dragon boxes? also probably a planned feature
                return pBoxKeyItem[ sID ].cUserTrade;
        }

break;
        }

return false;
    }
    Not possible?

Considering 98% of this code has been there since the before 2008, there is no excuse. Guess it just shows how incompetent and/or lazy the developers have become since Indy21 went bankrupt. I wonder why the developers can't add simple if statements/if defs to a single function? There is no need to add a new item ID for each item.

mplustravel likes this.
  18. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

Interesting Facts O_O lets hope GM responds

19. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

I do find it interesting how since this topic was created and Ahri told us it's not possible to make all the item mall tradeabke but they managed to do it for the Premium in the event sale right now, which I'm sure has increased people to buy more of them but also made it fair for majority of players to get one. If only this could be done with every item now.

balb1n0 likes this.
  20. sdadsfsa

sdadsfsa Active Member

it has been proven to be possible, they just want to let the devs focus on finishing steam integration or whatever took them 6 months to do.

balb1n0 likes this.