Installation bug AND refinement bug~

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Paxlyn, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Paxlyn

Paxlyn New Member

So let me start off with the refinement bug just because that's kind of what got me the installation bug to begin with. I've been seeing this refinement bug pop up lately from a few people in game, it's where you try to refine something such as a weapon (not sure about clothing) and no matter what, it says you're trying to use the incorrect material to try and refine your weapon, sorry for no screenshots as I don't have the game installed anymore. I heard there was a fix to this and it was to uninstall the game and reinstall it, which brings me to the next bug.
    This installation bug is a bit weird and i cant seem to find anything on it anywhere and I have tried just about every way to fix it. When i have the game done and installed , I cant start it up because it says "The program can't start because fmod.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    >screenshot> https://gyazo.com/3dc8996c5ed6ee65a742e21ca6afc9cc
    Tried just that - no luck. I have tried going online and downloading another fmod.dll for windows which then DOES allow me to open the 9dragons launcher and install the patches, however the launcher is almost all transparent and you can't find the play button
    >screenshot> https://gyazo.com/2447e37d4d1bdaed93e9b1a46befe1f3
    Next I did what anyone would do , I hit the enter key on my keyboard.
    then when it tried loading xkernel , I get this error :
    >screenshot> https://gyazo.com/e3b44f994e33c1276ed7098d952d4794
    I looked in a past directory of an old 9dragons folder and it happened to have an fmod.dll in it, however I get the same results as explained above.
    So I tried re downloading the game installer, and reinstalling in a different location as well as running the downloader & installer as Admin, no luck. everything gets installed fine EXCEPT the fmod.dll.
    Am I maybe NOT supposed to get it from the installation?
    Could XERASER have erased it from my computer from a previous uninstall?
    I had no issues at all my first time installing 9d Awaken, so all of this is a first, I have also submitted a ticket with less detail but just enough to understand the issue.
    PS. sorry for the mess, this is my first time ever submitting a bug report.

2. sardaukar2016

sardaukar2016 Member

First, Windows 10 is a complete violation of any software freedom, so I'm not a friend of that OS. I suggest you read about software freedom at fsf.org

I kinda stopped helping with stuff like that because people don't even search this forum section for similar problems, AND they don't tell which suggestion worked in their case afterwards.

Most of the time, it's either security software (built-in firewalls etc. or "dedicated" aka. 3rd party software) getting in the way, or operating system is missing the older version of Microsoft NET Framework like 3.5.

Ok turns out forum admins restricted uploading certain file types, so...
    I'll upload it on some free file hosting website... 1 sec

Here are all the DLL files from the main game folder (7zip archive):
    http://www.filedropper.com/refox9dawakendlls

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. pain333

pain333 New Member

is this the link for the refinement bug?
    i have had it since i first instaled the game from the redfox site...
    when i try to refine a weapon it says: 1 unindenefied item will be used to upgrade
    i tried reinstaling and redownloading the game 3 times and nothing changes...
    when i copied the game files to a usb and instaled it on my laptop everyting works and i dont have the refinement bug there, so i have no idea what to do...

ty in advance
    ps: sorry for my bad english :(

Woshi likes this.
  4. Woshi

Woshi New Member

[​IMG]

So I see this is still a thing.... Reading OP though it seems to be a client side from the data file and not the server? Will look into this from other posts, but this is kinda silly. -_-

crowncrown2407 likes this.
  5. volvox

volvox New Member

Hi Sardaukar,

Would it be possible for you to reupload your dlls file(s)? I have the same problem as described above and would like to add the fmod.dll from the main game folder to see if that works.

Hope you could help me out.