Is it worth it ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IcYMaN, Oct 16, 2016.

1. IcYMaN

IcYMaN New Member

Hello
    just wanted to ask if it is worth it to start from 0 here, does it take years to make good wep and gear ?
    i don't intend to spend money so how is it for free to play ?

2. MMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMM Active Member

In my opinon, i dont think its worth coming back seeing how bad Redfox treated their players. This version of 9dragons is a pay to win game. Its hard for noncash shopping players to compete in pvp. In addition, the worst flaw of Redfox is that they do not care about scamming. You can have hardcore evidence but they will not take action. That was the main reason why i left, so many scammers and nothing is being done. You can try the game to see if you like it, but i recommend you play a pserver of 9dragons because their is more pvp action and you can compete. Its truely unfortunate that a pserver can run a server better then the offical and enforce their rules better. Not to mention the pservers do not have as many bugs.
    #RIP offical 9dragons

3. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I think Ahri is doing a good job. Perhaps punishments ought to be stricter.
    Private servers, arent paying license are basically pirated in essence. They don´t have the same cost to run a server, nor do they have much chance of updates or any type of fixes - they just have a GM tool, and without knowing it - I would suspect private servers to be run by previous 9D players who creates huge advantage for self+friends.
    Also, private servers seems to be shortlived and less populated than any official server.

Oitza likes this.
  4. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Well answering OP question,we have a ton of new stuff some bugged and some works.If u are not a paying customer then u can have fun in pve--grinding/farm dg on low drop/parties etc.. but pvp aspect is a big NO.On rankings the top 20 players are ALL IM spenders which tells u alot by itself.

On weekdays their is nothing to do/farm since low drop and waste of money for the pazzes.And on weekend when their is a event,it is limited time and u can only do a handful of things.

If u are looking for prices for items i can help u for a f2p player.

Boc-500mil/BoF-800mil/Rbok-400mil/black banner exc-500mil/blue bann exc-2.5bil.This is just relics,we have OP kunlun beads from boxes,hg 5 piece refining to +5---7,hg wep +11 wep is 400mil,on top of this rank1 deco,epithet,MKC trigram,four deity trigram,30day prem,kg.

This is the bases if u want to pvp.Also CC prices are around 120mil/1k cc.In order to get all this with real money u will need at least $1k+ and that is generous.We havent even talked about hg+16/+2 scrolls which i saw someone selling for real money-both for $500.Sorry but not my fault he PMed me asking for real money lol...

5. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

I don't know why you guys refer to what this version is right now like some sort of apocalypse. If they'd make premium and dragon blood tradable that would be nice thou, if not all item mall like GC.

TresBeau likes this.
  6. IcYMaN

IcYMaN New Member

thanks for the answer, i like pvp in this game but im ok with just pve as well and if it is possible to enjoy pve as f2p i will give it a try and see how it is
    as for pvp if it takes that much real money they might as well sell fully geared chars for couple thousand $ :p
    i would spend some money if it was not a gamble

7. PPAFTA

PPAFTA New Member

Just to answer the question you've asked making this topic....Yes. yes it's worth coming back. Tons of new content, new system. Besides, that economy and drop rate are as it should have always been.

Why do people complain about economy, drop you ask? Well because and lazy all together. Most of them don't like to farm, they just want it as easy as possible. No gold in game? Of course not, because as soon as they can, they will chose high XP instead of farming weapons in Tibet. My gf made 45kk in less then 3 hours just by selling weapons she got from drop (If you play your cards right from Hermit till Immortal you can make a 500kk easy, just from the weapons, not to mention BE's, Piece of Steel and other items that are in high demand for crafting.

Regarding the P2W theory. That my friend depends on you and your time. The highest ranking level player on this server and some of the highest level players I know, haven't spend a dollar! But you can also buy Credits and sell them in game, with 10 bucks you can make 110-130kk, that can get you geared up as best as possible right from the start till high level (HG). So with 10$ you can get the gear you need to get to HG (I used the cloths and weapon I got from Quest, then got Rank 1 cloths for 10kk and a HM WS Sword +11 for 150kk, that gold I made easily from selling POS and weapons from drop) got IM12 in less then a month! In conclusion just ignore all the negativity coming from lazy people and try it out for your self. 9D is at it's peak, best form she had so far.

PS. Yes, it has some bugs, always had.
    If you wanna start playing again just message me and I'll gladly help you with anything you need!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  8. Sharmotafor6

Sharmotafor6 New Member

Me too , back after 2 years playing on acclaim and then stoped for 6 years . i downloaded the game and played for only 2 days and could not play more with this server.
    It needs real money to level up fast and pvp.

LordCobayo likes this.
  9. sardaukar2016

sardaukar2016 Member

First, one question: why do you guys want to level up fast?

Second, as far as private servers go, I have a lot of experience in that matter, although in a different mmorpg.
    Private servers are illegal, but they exist regardless, same as all that is much more prohibited in real life.
    Some last short time, some last years easily.
    Some are run by corrupted administrators, some are run by proper administrators.

They have some advantages and some disadvantages over the official game - if the advantages are bigger, people move to private servers, and I've seen thousands of people like that.
    For example private server can be running an older version of the game that players like more than the recent one. Or it can be located near you, so your ping is lower than on official server.

So given that, Red Fox or any other gaming company, should put even more effort to get their product to perfection - I'm mainly talking about fixing bugs here.

Also another thing I noticed on private servers, once you get the bugs fixed (some people leave/avoid the game if you don't), the thing that really keeps the players on a server is, by far, the events.

PHTryndamere and Okiku like this.
  10. TresBeau

TresBeau New Member

Overall, I agree.
    But I disagree with regards to this Halloween event.
    I've killed 17.2k mobs (I've kept track through my GK which is 172 without doing any RTDs) and gotten 317 pumpkins (that's a combination of on and off event).
    That's not even 10 boxes and really speaks volumes to what a F2P player can expect from this event.
    The event isn't on for long so a F2P player can't compete with someone buying the boxes from the IM (without playing possibly 8-10 hours per day for the duration of the event).

Another issue that I've noticed is that most IM items aren't directly tradeable, which basically means even if you're F2P and farm the gold/gear to trade for IM items people can still scam you.
    Also, RF won't do anything to people that scam through the gifting system (based on what I've heard from multiple people).
    They'll basically tell you tough luck, so all the time and effort you put in can potentially be for absolutely nothing.

Edit: calculation was off.
    It's 50 mobs for 1 GK.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    balb1n0 likes this.
  11. MMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMM Active Member

The private servers are more populated then the official server by a long shot. Why? Because they have less glitches, free to play, more pvp action, more GM interaction, damage in pvp is reduced by 80% like GC version so people aint hitting 10-20k's, like this version, refinement is easier, fast gear, fast level, and stricter punishments. I dont know if you played 9 dragons pservers but thats the truth. The reason why I recommend that you do not join this version is because of a very very BIG SCAMMING ISSUE!!!!!. Along with lots of glitches that existed in Acclaim version. Now, If you go on the private Facebook group of 9 dragons, you will notice that lots of players are complaining that they are being scammed through items that are worth hundreds of dollars. Scamming is a huge issue in this version because GMS do not care about the players, only $$$. I mean come on guys, look at our Kulun event. People exploited and GMs didn't banned those players. Look at our halloween event, its all about gambling through item mail. Not to mention look at what RedFox promised us in the begining! They told us, "
    Hello NineDragons Community!
    Your voice was heard by the developers and we are pleased to announce the awaken of NineDragons. We're blown away by how passionate and the amount of endorsement everyone has given to try and bring the game back to its original Korean version. We couldn't be happier to make your wishes come true by making this announcement! The highly anticipated original Korean version is finally here"
    Where is our full KR content? Players have already waited months and version still isn't full KR, just a bunch of modified bull.

Regards to scamming, You can have hardcore evidence of scamming and GMS wont do sh1t. Whats the point of joining a game when all your gear will get scammed? Now, I bet some person here is going to try to counter my argument saying only dumb people get scammed. Well, to that person, I wanna say I hope you meet those pr0 scammers. Their are scammers who actually practice scamming through trade, by quickly taking away the item or gold. Its very hard to avoid pr0 scammers. You can see a Youtube recordings on pr0 scammers and see how good people are through scamming. Also regarding your statement that "pservers are shortlived", you think offical version isn't shortlived? xD Look at how we switched publishers.

balb1n0 and sardaukar2016 like this.
  12. sardaukar2016

sardaukar2016 Member

Thank you very much for your insight, MMMMMMMM. Your perspective is very important at least to me, since I don't know that much about 9dragons.
    Scam is also a plague in mmorpgs, and 9dragons is no exception. I think we, the players, all witnessed it at some point of time.
    So just another thing, that is really directed towards game developers: improve/add anti-scam protection.
    If you have customers paying real money and being cheated by other customers, you certainly do not just leave things the way they are - you add some security features, right?

13. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Its easy to level. I just made a character friday thats HM 7 or 8 atm - mainly quest gear and cheap stuff on that character.
    As for endgame - grind is hard and slow and so is getting the endgame items. It makes it fun tho, and if the endgame was short, the game would be shortlived as well.

Sedigreise likes this.
  14. Sedigreise

Sedigreise New Member

Aye, and if anyone asks... I was never anywhere near 9 dragons.

15. DadSav

DadSav Member

It totally depends on what experience you are after. If you expect to play a couple of hours a day and be as well equipped as the top people quickly without spending cash then you will not have much fun.

But the game gives you a free high quality weapon that you can use for the first 150 levels or so, and it also gives you decent clothing. So jump in and play a couple of weeks and see what you think. Nobody can really answer that question for anyone else. I played long ago on Acclaim and then after a break came back on GC. In a couple of weeks I was able to get to almost HM, not playing a huge amount, and I am having fun. Many new things to learn for old returning players.

16. jasand

jasand New Member

i am finding each time i play there is no one on :( ,is it really that desolate ???? uk player and try weekdays and weekends ...still love the game just seems no help or people,And now 2 days of not being able to load the game :( deleted/reinstalled etc etc

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. ChiThunder

ChiThunder New Member

I just started this game again as I keep getting drawn to it and I must say I'm really enjoying it so far, it's very different from the other versions I played and got upto db8 on those.

Lots new to learn its pretty fun and leveling is much easier.

18. DadSav

DadSav Member

I know I was used to the manuals with higher multipliers. That makes it seem quite a bit slower to me, but I am not sure the actual rate is a lot different now.

19. ChiThunder

ChiThunder New Member

Well from what I have experienced the smashing and damaging skills are vey painful to level but the buffs are very easy, I made a healer char to begin with and have maxed all the buffs within a very short space of time but the smashes are very painful to level.