Base Xp.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Incognito, Jul 19, 2016.

?

Do you think increase rates are needed?

1. Yes Increase base XP (2-5x?)

9.5%
  2. Yes Increase Base Xp and skill (2-5x?)

71.4%
  3. No

19.0%
  1. Incognito

Incognito Member

Im not sure what our base Xp is like compared to a standard 9D but i was wondering if its possible to have a base exp increase. As with most updates this game gets. its more endgame content. I know ill be called a scrub or something but on any 9d server ive played ive never out leveled the icy palace map as the grind gets exteramly painfull which means i never get to experience new content :( Please look into possibly raising it. Espesially later in the game.

*edit i have a few friends who would be possibly willing to get back into 9d but lvling takes too long to even get to mid game. i dont care if like the last 20-30 lvl range it a huge *****. but it be nice for newer players ot be able to reach a close endgame stage with out spending there entire life playing the game

2. Incognito

Incognito Member

Yeah i did feel like lvling was way slower than games campus. RTD quest dont get me wrong is good xp. but you easilly go through it and end up 20 lvls lower than mobs that need killing. and the grinding xp is really bad here... it really dose need increasing. i spend a hour ish casually grinding at rl 5 and got 2 lvls.. if i foced i could of get a few more but still its too slow!. You got to consider GM's theres almost 300 lvls? and it gets harder each lvl? I heared some one posting saying apparently GM's thing this version is easiest so far.. I can tell you lvling most definitely isnt. unless the gms know some lvl exploit or method that we dont. This is just rumon about gms thinking easy havent seen a gm say it.

But anyways i think we need a much needed base XP increase. To help players progress. As it shouldnt be this hard at lvl 50 ish. I should be feeling this slow down near lvl 150 or so possibly considering we have 200+ lvls and more comming?

Reason i suggest base xp increase rather than frequent xp events is not everyone can attend event times. and adding xp events jsut enocurages people to play only during events. PLease i hope you consider increasing the Base xp rate.

tinytinytintin likes this.
  3. Incognito

Incognito Member

yeah increase skill rates would be nice to match. but the most important thing right now is the Xp for me and many tohers as you have 200 + lvls to plough through to get alot of your skills and get to alot o the new updates ect :(. thus its mainly what im talking about

4. KazeNoKami

KazeNoKami New Member

Here's my thoughts on the matter, the game really does need a exp rate boosting, grinding 200+ lvls is just too tedious considering about halfwaythrough your having to kill lots of mobs just for a 0.01% or w/e.
    while i do think reaching the lvl cap should be an achivement, gating people from new content because it takes so much time and effort to reach high lvls is just a bit silly.
    ideally you should greatly increase the exp gained in the lower portion of the game, while lowing it near to lvl cap, for example.
    starting zones are at a x10 rate, datong/white clan alternative at a x5 rate, hangzhou at 4x, liaodong at 3x and icy palace at x2, then the rest of the maps run off "1x"
    take note 1x is referring to whatever our current exp rate is.
    this allows players to set off into the game fairly easily while easying down the lvling pace to basicly what it is now for players reaching 150ish, this leaves the higher lvls still by no means easy but it gives people more of a investment into the game.

5. VSlash86

VSlash86 Active Member

sorry but no,
    with all the equipment you can easily kill mobs and lvl up at least to SM then you may need to start buying mid refined weap/clothes + you also get the XPcards as gift and Heroic quests
    the problem is probably on your build

6. Tetlaliloc

Tetlaliloc New Member

And how the hell are free users going to get "mid refined weap/clothes" at SM with almost no way of farming good money to get those 80-200kk weapons? The economy here is awful as well.

7. Ryuio

Ryuio New Member

10x wow that sounds like the private server, yeah how about no. just no, we don't want extreme xp rates to the point we out-lvl so fast that it becomes a joke to be lvl cap. i do agree on the 2x on icy even on Tibet a 2x would be nice same goes for drop rate and maybe a skill xp. i think anything pass HZ,NC. could be a nice 2x. i understand what you mean but the 10x at the starts is not needed, we already got quests that give us good xp and we can easily get to hmm mid GB even EC with does RTD. id be happy if we just get more events on the weekends on a few hours on weds sundays etc, something that everyone if not almost everyone can do. or just the weekend, just something.

8. Incognito

Incognito Member

OK i dont think them rates are extrea. but i do think early lvls till around Fd are pritty good when you hit rl it gets a bit harder. it be nicer if it could be balenced out so when your at 120 ish lvls your only getting like 0.5 per kill or so and start deminishing like that. so player can reach midgame a bit easier. i think for the newest maps like kunlun shouldent have rates increase for when new patch comes out no xp rate increase and them lvls should remain hard. so the end 30 ish lvls should remain at base xp to keep achivement in max lvl. but still allow othe rplayers ot reach a close endgame point

9. VSlash86

VSlash86 Active Member

free user here
    1 H8 - +10 weap 52% crit
    1 LM12 - +8 weap 52% crit
    1 GL2 - +8 weap clean
    you should NPC all the weaps as you get the quest one,
    as for BE's, Piece of steel, and statues for crafting try and sell by stack
    get into leagues/bands to help you
    and I say that as a solo player

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  10. Incognito

Incognito Member

Can we possibly have some GM Feedback on this post. I know GM cant just post freely as you need to check with your team/devs on response. But id rather know its being "looked into" or given a yes no answer. or event discussion on if this isn't possible what we can do as a community from here and start looking in other direction.

Rather than waiting ages for any word.

You should know this by now and i hope you do, Communication is key keep us uptodate on issues ect. i know theirs a limit to what you can spill but its not going to get any better just leaving us in the dark for months. you'd probably annoy even more people.

Hope im not being too rude

11. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

They have already said that skill and drop rates can't be changed, which is very stupid in my opinion. As for the events, they've said they won't give events every week. Therefore, I guess the answer will be "no", but I might be wrong...

So true...

I've given my opinion before and it hasn't changed. The events should be from time to time and just for a few hours or so, but they need to increase the rates, particularly the skill and drop ones.

KProphetK likes this.
  12. iMetal

iMetal Member

Not that saying this will hold much weight, but in GC I know that the rates were set around 6x from out the box rates. That's why half the time they would run XP events separate from Skill and/or drop.

balb1n0 likes this.
  13. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

It's been a while since GC, but I remember leveling my FD 12 to GL 11 in 3, 3x xp cards on a 3x event and I was lazy to spend another hour or so to get him to H. It would be a interesting idea if a publisher came along and relaunched GC version with the database from 1st of December 2015 and I am sure it would do better than what redfox has here. But 9D forums are never acurate about how the game is and maybe the few people that are playing redfox are actually enjoying the game?

14. iMetal

iMetal Member

Good to see you again Furia. I wouldn't count my chickens on seeing that DB again. It probably went the way of the Acclaim one. However, I hope at least a few people are enjoying the game. One thing I learned from modding that long at GC is that you tend to find more negatives in the forums, but more positives in-game.