Korean Stat System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 9DragonsHermit, Jan 16, 2016.

1. 9DragonsHermit

9DragonsHermit New Member

KN Stat System.png

Here's the Korean Stat System & what it does. ^^^

Now everyone is crying we want the new system for balance. This system does one thing
    & thats kill the whole point of our unique system. The ability to drastically change
    the way our characters fight/work. Sure this system may bring a little "balance" but,
    in the end its just gonna ruin the game. If you wanted everyone to have the same build
    then you should have gone to a game where stats are distributed automatically.

Reason being....

All role Build (except warrior)

Minimal Str
    Ess for bracers
    Wisdom for bracers
    Rest in Con
    Maxed Dex

Warrior Build

Rest Str
    Min Ess
    Min Wis
    Rest Con
    Maxed Dex

That is exactly what the builds will be with with the korean system. Problem though...
    we do not have the korean skills, and what I mean specifically is the way they work &
    the damage they deal. Their skills (this is based on my time playing on the Japan server)

Are C10 damage at C1, longer cool downs on alot of skills and different restrictions on
    buffs/heals. Def nuke worked on bosses back in the day for us and it was changed to a
    bleed (yes it was not a bug) in order to make it so that killing bosses would take longer.

On the japan version def nuke would multiply damage by 2x on normal mobs and 10x on bosses
    making boss hunting a total joke.

In Short our system of skills would not work with this stat system and also would make the
    game boring since everyone could accomplish good pvp/pve on 1 build instead of being able
    to change. Best solution is not this system but a introduction of class specific items or
    changed restriction on already pre-existing items.

By [[Nao]]
    Rank [[PS3]]
    Role [[CK HYB]]
    Date: [[Aug 31, 2010]]

ZhaoLiang and akam6666 like this.
  2. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

When I played on the Jap server, all the mobs, and especially the bosses, had lots more HP than any Western version of 9d I played.

So just wait till its released and then we can start talking about builds.

Kazu likes this.
  3. Abu

Abu Member

In Short our system of skills would not work with this stat system and also would make the
    game boring since everyone could accomplish good pvp/pve on 1 build instead of being able
    to change.

Lol.. Isn't That Good?

Also
    Who Says Our System Of Skills Will Be Same AS GC? OFC It Will Be Of KR version.
    Why Are You Panicking Even Before Killing A Mob? Have You Played This Version Here To Know It Will Fail?
    Why The Hate Man?

4. 9DragonsHermit

That is true however, let's look back to the KN Stat System. Many have tried to
    employ it within the game. However, in the end result removing it later down the
    road due to reason above. Without having restriction or being able to have weapons
    that match the KN Stats System. Was mentioned many times across boards that not
    only builds where effected but, characters skills where as well. What got me so long
    ago would be the damage with KN Stats System while doing player kills or grinding in
    some instances the characters would not do damage & the characters would just drop
    dead from nothing no attacks, just dropped made one wonder if characters was broken.

5. Abu

Abu Member

9 Dragons Korean Version is Working Fine Right?
    I Am Sure It Will Work Perfect Here As well. We Just Need To Get Used To It.
    And Most Importantly Not Speculate Before Even Giving It A Go.
    We Have A CBT To Test The Game And If Anything Really Crucial Crops Up
    We Can Report It To The GM's And They Would Do The Needful If Any Required.

6. 9DragonsHermit

Not hating on the Korean Stat System just know old facts of how it works. May
    have not played this version with KN but, know from experience it will fail unless
    they match weapons to cover for damage, skills & stats. Not only that have played
    5 versions of the KN S/S only one has every done correctly which was the original
    KN server.

7. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Harold Bishop

8. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

I would agree if this was back at the original CS cap, but there are too many inbalanced items in the game for that. The new systems have changed damage reduction from defense, critical damage multiplier, and attack rate multipliers with the stat points. The image doesn't do the system justice, because everyone assumes its all the same. If you were unaware, you can just go take a look at the revision thread HERE.

The current stat system that everyone has used is from before 2008. This is before they added the inbalanced CC ornaments, clothes refinement, second role, banners, and every item adding critical hit damage. Your argument about having only 1 build is the same exact thing for our current system now too. The additional defensive and +DEX items literally prevent the need to change any build outside of STR/CON/DEX, or WIS/ESS/CON.

The skills in our version are pretty stupid anyways, because compared to the old system they've changed the damage on non-second role skills. After updating the stat system, they changed some of the non-second role skills to do different things. In the US versions Nukers were capable of getting another GB shield, obtained at CS. They also have an additional defense buff, which is now pointless but was pretty stupidly OP back when they decided to release the new skills on the US version.

The damage on skills is negligible for each cheng, making leveling them less painful. They work similar to how the second role skills work, in only adding ~100 damage each cheng. Bosses in the Japanese version died quickly because of how the defense smash/nukes worked. The way it works in the KR version is different, they properly switch the debuff into a bleed rather than the defense reduction when its a boss.

My experience in the JP version with the new stats and skills was great. I enjoyed the PvP on the JP version, but this of course is a game where they didn't even have Liaodong or second role added yet. When I played I had a JP friend that played Nuker, and I played Warrior. The ability to build CK dodge with DEX as a Warrior definitely balanced out the fact that his skills were doing more damage compared to mine, and hit for hit.

The increased defense gained with CON balanced out the fact that he was capable of surviving quite a lot of my hits, and in turn fights would usually ended up in his favor. It honestly was one of my favorite times playing 9Dragons, all because they actually had balanced content. All that was needed was a way for healers to fight better, which is now traps. In the current version(s) with all the additional items ( banners, etc ) it may be a bit harder to know what's balanced in that system, since the difference could be massive with the low level requirements on relics.

9DragonsHermit likes this.