(WINDOWS 10) Some of us, after we open up 9Dragons, get a BSOD or a crash [temporary fix included]

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Hyperion, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion New Member

• Summary: 9Dragons seems like it's not compatible with multiple variants of Windows 10. I've tried this on my personal laptop, on my mother's computer and a lot of other people said they couldn't get 9Dragons to work. Personally, I got a Blue Screen of Death every time I wanted to open up the launcher.
    • Screenshots: Not needed
    • Steps to Reproduce: 1. Get your hands on a computer which is running Windows 10 2. Open up the launcher 3. Blue Screen of Death 4. Cry while your computer tries to recover from its death
    • Frequency: 10/10
    • Severity: 5
    • System Specs: Windows 10 64-bit, 4GB RAM, GT840M video card, Tenda W150D Router
    • Additional Notes:
    This is actually a temporary fix:
    1. Right click 'NDLAUNCHER.exe' -> Troubleshoot Compatibility -> After windows detects the issue press 'Try recommended settings' -> Start the Program -> Save the changes -> Next until you finish
    2. Do the same for 'NINEDRAGONS.exe'
    This is only addressed to Windows 10 users who get a crash or a Blue Screen of Death when they start the launcher. This should also fix the game not starting up on windows 7

2. Vgtladypeace

Vgtladypeace Member

Eum i dont know what the problem is now But i'm runing W10 and i sure don't have any trouble runing this game

3. Hyperion

Hyperion New Member

As I said, only different variants of Windows 10 have this problem (I guess?) I've just posted it in case somebody else has the same issue as I did

4. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Do you not have access to a kernel dump which would provide additional information on what is the cause of the BSOD?

5. matt323

matt323 New Member

I had this issue during the end of the CBT, but it wasn't the only issue I had with Windows 10. Had start menu and task manager issues, fixed through the trouble solving information around the web. Afterwards I reinstalled 9dragons the next morning and found the problem had been solved. No problem launching anymore, so I suggest if you have Windows 10 issues try and fix them and it may fix 9dragons for you.

6. ZeroBurner

ZeroBurner New Member

Usually bluescreens come from kernel that is the operating system stack that allow the software (like 9d) to communicate with the hardware, personally I'm using on W10 and I've not issues, have you verified you're using the latest (and w10 supported) drivers for your video/audio?
    Otherwise you can always create the kernel dump and forward it to Blitzcronk ;)

Anyway, thank you for sharing your workaround, really appreciated.

7. NorthernHermit

NorthernHermit New Member

Still no fix for this ? I have exact problem with W10 Pro but got bsod once only when i started ninedragons.exe and launcher dont start even with this "fix"
    Edit. Oh i just upgraded to GTX 1080 so might that be reason ?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  8. LAMBDA471

LAMBDA471 New Member

I just get "this app can't run on your PC" which is bullcrap. Windows 10 is such a piece of garbage.

9. Zyrsuun

Zyrsuun New Member

its gotta be my 64-bit system......too bad developers forgot about non-32-bit folks :7

10. Akarh

Akarh New Member

i have issues gamelauncher show but dont start game..
    windows 10 64bit..
    tried a few guides but nothing.. compability or not it dont work..
    to bad i was hoping to play this game again,, but i guess i archive it and just keep the memory of some fun gametime io had in the past..
    *edit
    forgot to mention i tried install a few times but it never shows in installed programs in controlpanel.. i also tried it via Steam but same error there.. i get a login and then launcher and then just nothing happens

11. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Did the launcher initiate any patch downloads are you install the game? If not, it might be a firewall problem. Try the following advise and add the game files/folder into Windows Defender Exclusion list.

12. Akarh

Akarh New Member

ok i am trying to install again via steam.
    i will add the whole folder 9dragons to defenders exception list and try again.
    No via steam i got a login screen then launcher pops and vanish.. on standalone i just see it for a second or two the launcher and then nothing.

will be back after testing soon.

edit`*
    do i need manually install gameguard or its auto with the installation?

13. BirdbrainX

I think it's better to download the installer directly from Redfox and install it into c:\documents\ folder - at least that is what I have read from others who have game problems. Game guard will auto install itself when you install the base game. It will also auto update itself when you launch the game if I am not mistaken.

14. Akarh

Akarh New Member

yes Steam dont work even with exception.. installing on c fron redfox for the 10th time.. now i got the gameguard thingy also..

added the whole folder exception.. it updated correct lets see if the game plays.

15. Akarh

Akarh New Member

chrashes with exception looks like it will start but then crashes

16. Akarh

Akarh New Member

got a triple x kernel error
    can not triplex core

17. BirdbrainX

I have no idea what is causing your problem. I'm running 9D on a win10 OS without any compatibility issues. The only changes I made were to add the game folder and exe files into windows defender exclusion list, and set the properties of the launcher + NINE DRAGONS.exe file to run as admin.

[​IMG]

18. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Are you running RF Launcher or Steam. Does this happened with both launchers? Used to have this with RF launcher but never with Steam.

Add RF Launcher to Steams Add Game and launch with Steam.