Others Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wakjzyyy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. wakjzyyy

wakjzyyy Member

Guys from redFox games!
    Can implement ppl married system so when ppls be married they can obtain special buff.. And Depends lvl of married they can got special items or anything.. but its just 1 more suggestion..
    Only for make this game with an experience most real and more fun for all
    Thank you!

So 1 more suggestion, please translate the game to spanish because some people latin leave this game for that reason, if they cant find 1 older ppl who knows about the game they are very lost.. And they cant play like others ppls..

So 1 more time, thank you!

By: Lady_Soul (AsuraPK)

2. Tigreton

Tigreton New Member

AFAIK Acclaim tried to translate to spanish once. It was a mess, incomplete translation, serious mistakes in many words. Also, the few guides we have on web are almost all in english, so names of items/collections/etc will be confusing. And the spanish speakers players who dont know english are too few, i dont know if this will be profiteable even to try it.

I speak spanish too, and have friends who dont know english and play the game, and it could be wonderful if this game is translated (so my friends will stop bothering me about almost anything xD), but i think it could be really hard.

3. Jamie

Jamie Member

Wasn't there an epi available if you asked a GM to marry you?

If you want you can modify the text database and pack it back into the client. There are guides on epvp to show you how, that way you can unofficially translate the game.

4. wakjzyyy

wakjzyyy Member

Yeah, but some people dont know english, its very hard for them play it, and it could be wonderful if this game is translated (so my friends will stop bothering me about almost anything sometimes) ;) was only one suggestion

5. Jamie

Jamie Member

I haven't touched clients in ages but it is possible to take the NDTEXTDB_US.XSD which is in the /data/ directory in your 9dragons client folder and merge it with another NDTEXTDB using Saweet's XSD editor.

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/9dragons/1436995-release-9dragons-xsd-editor.html

You and some Spanish friends could unofficially translate the game and share the XSD among you. I cannot help you with the translation but I can help you with the XSD editor if you need it. This could be done for any language providing someone or a group have enough time. It will require a lot of work though. Adek did something very similar for Polish players and there was one for Lithuanian players.

You could also manually edit the /HelpSystem/ because that is just html loaded from the file into the game.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  6. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Well, we actually dropped the idea of translating the 9D to Polish. The community was way too small to do it, and the gain from that was close to none. But you could actually avoid all the misunderstandings to use the abbreviations for most common items, like putting (BE) or (FS) on the beginning of the translated phrase.

Still, I truly hate my English.

Editing XSD is not that easy as you think. Yeah, you can merge, but saving with or without encryptions is quite painful, even with Saweet's tool.

Though, you are right about Help System.

And yeah, you didn't even touch the client, huh, Jamie.

7. Jamie

Jamie Member

Don't you go there it was incredibly painful. I still remember having virtual machines open of most operating systems picking apart and hacking through drivers and registries trying to get gg to work.

Providing the encrypted XSD is the same as the cipher key, will it not just decrypt and recrypt when saved? I suppose the issue lies in finding the right cipher keys.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  8. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Well, tool is quite... not easy to deal with, when it comes to cipher keys. It took me a while to save it with correct encryption.

9. Jamie

Jamie Member

The tool isn't the best to work with but it is possible with enough time to learn it. If a group were dedicated enough to translate the game they would read everything Saweet wrote about his tool and finding cipher keys. It comes down to how dedicated are they in the end.

10. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Tool itself is great, but it doesn't just work as great with encrypted files. I think nobody really cares about translating this game.

11. Abu

Abu Member

Google Translate Is The Best I Feel.. Since English Doesn't Have Any Special Characters,
    It Should Be Easy For Them To Type And Translate It To Spanish...
    I Learnt Quite A Few Words From Many Different Languages Thanks to 9D :p