[GM] Gourdy, AMAA (Ask Me Almost Anything)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [GM]Gourdy, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Everyone's posts are getting approved now.

tinytinytintin and HumoLoco like this.
  2. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

rip to late nights and weekends :(

tinytinytintin likes this.
  3. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

If you're contemplating on how to improve them I'd recommend doing one fashion event a month and giving the winner the option of either the fashionista title or an item relative to the theme. You could even list several items and allow them to pick one. 2nd/3rd place isn't necessary as far as prizes are concerned. I feel like its more or less an honorable mention so carats are fine. The backstories are really nice so I hope you keep that up.

What are your top 3 go-to games?
    Have you ever cried during a scene in any particular tv show / movie and if so what was the program / scene? (´༎ຶ ͜ʖ ༎ຶ `)♡

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Can we perhaps spar sometime? ; )

cause you didn't load last time

5. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

10 day thing bad idea
    The thing ur doing with the threads are bad idea
    Just get a mod or something
    Not like people can't get a thread approved and then edit it or something of the sort

6. [GM]Gourdy

This and the 10 day gifting are completely separate topics.

We'll see how this goes.

7. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Idk but now I'm having trouble foruming from this account but when I'm on my alternate one, no problems ?_?

8. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

Yes but they are both bad ideas.
    If you were going to make it so that they had someone added 10 days is not needed.
    2 days is more then enough time to get all the enough on a person to figure if they're a scammer or fraud.
    As for the forums thing.
    It would be easier to just fine a forum moderator .
    You don't log on or post doing the weekends so how's that going to go?

tinytinytintin and Ichigo like this.
  9. Ichigo

Ichigo New Member

Yeh definitely did something to my main forum account. I can get on perfectly fine with this one. On Yusuke I continue to have trouble accessing the forum servers lmao. Wow G :(

LikeGoDBlessUp likes this.
  10. [GM]Gourdy

So did you want to discuss bad ideas, or did you want to talk about the forum issue specifically?

It is clear as of the last two weeks that extremely ridiculous and disrespectful behavior occurs over the weekend, so our first concern is to prevent this from happening again.

General Discussion is a place to discuss the events, game plays, etc of Rumble Fighter, yet people choose to post things such as "check out my favorite music!" or "el oh el look at this person's face" or other off topic threads. If it is a legitimate discussion that needs to happen, then it will happen regardless of when the post is approved. IE: Scroll strategies, etc. It's evident that many people only post in the General Discussion for more views/likes/internet fame, regardless of the topic. The other forums do not require approval.

Also, the community previously asked for more forum categories, yet many choose to not use them. Hopefully with this need to wait for approval, posters will pause and redirect their posts accordingly.

It's currently Monday. There is still 5 days left until the weekend that you're worried about. As I said, we'll see.

11. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

I want to talk about both but we can do one at a time if that's what you'd like.
    I'll let you start the other topic when you're ready but as for the forum topic.

No one really cares about the extra categories considering the fact that most people check general so that's where they want to make their post so people can see that.
    There's no point in making a thread in another section that people aren't going to look at when you can post it in general and most likely get what question you have or what you need done faster.
    I don't really care about the weekend.
    But I mean regardless of the fact of you doing this?

There's no approval on the other sections?
    No matter what you do there's no one to TAKE care of the forums during the weekends unless you get a mod so exposure threads can still be posted.
    It's not hard to pm players about the thread or make rooms/megas about it in game it's no different then posting it in General discussion itself

12. [GM]Gourdy

The team isn't looking for feedback regarding this issue yet, but we see what people are saying about the 10 day rule already, so this doesn't need to be discussed right now.

So are you saying that all forums should be merged into General Discussion? Also, this doesn't dispute the fact that there are a lot of off topic threads in General Discussion. Additionally, a lot of the times people post threads of their issues that are already resolved in the Game Help and Tips. All that's usually needed is a simple search.

Moderating threads prevents double posts regarding the same topics, troll topics: "SERVER IS UP GOO GO GOO", exposure threads. Exposure threads will still happen regardless, you're right. But we can slow it down. I don't see the problem of testing options right now.

Considering the stigma around selecting a moderator, that opens a whole new can of worms that I'm pretty sure would increase discontent.

I don't really understand this part, but I don't see why it wouldn't be better to encourage people to use private messages instead of writing a whole post saying "Subject: @Someone" "Body: Where u at bro". Because usually when that happens the replies are along the lines of 1. free post, 2. kys, 3. lol, 4. quote of previous post with no extra contribution to the conversation.

tinytinytintin and HumoLoco like this.
  13. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

So why don't the GMs log onto the forums occasionally during the weekends? Only time you guys are on during the weekend is to make some type an announcement.

14. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

1)I'll wait.
    2)No I am not but as I was saying before you're the only one that has control over the forums. It's alot of work for you to look and view at every single thread that's going to be posted on your own and then you have to take care of everything else along with the other sections that get out of hand.
    3)True but it's better than putting everything on just you, even if it's just a temporary mod untill you figure everything out that would do.
    4)I'm not supporting it but I'm just saying if someone is going to post an exposure thread they're going to brag about it and tell tell everybody before hand or something of the sort you know?

15. MrYami

MrYami Member

Why do you reject my love?

16. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

If it involves development, it's usually not the GM's choice lol.

17. Tezmanian

Tezmanian Well-Known Member

Gourdy-sama, will you ever git gud at Demo?
    Also have you ever considered running around in the special GM power suit with it's custom ninjitsu scroll dance or nah?

18. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

"Your account's access may be limited based on these actions."
    is this permanent?

19. Castries

Castries Well-Known Member

10 day gift rule dumb
    events dumb
    obama is leaving office

so many bad things..what are you gonna do about it??

20. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

do you plan to do anything about this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.