[OBT]Exp Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitzcronk, Feb 16, 2016.

?

Do you like the new rates?

1. They're all okay

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. The exp is too low

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. The skill and drop are too low

36 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. The exp, skill and drop are too low

55 vote(s)
    49.1%
  5. The exp is too high

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. I'll wait for further information

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

This is not an attack on the publisher or the developers, this is just for everyone to respectfully discuss the rates we've been given.

Item Drop and Kung Fu experience points will be the same as the Korean and previous US servers.

This is a pretty bad idea, why would you allow us to level up quickly but at the cost, we're going to have virtually nothing from drops and the skill exp will be absolutely terrible. I understand from a business point of view why you would do this so we have to pump funds into exp cards and drop cards (if they exist here) but the rates just don't seem balanced in the slightest.

I appreciate we have the auto trainer but that doesn't work for everything, how are people suppose to auto train nukes and smashes if they're stuck on x1 exp - they will take days to cheng. Please reconsider these rates, they don't work and people will not stay here with x1 drop and x1 skill.

This will negatively impact the productivity and stability of the in-game economy. Everything will be so rare that by the time most players are higher level, there will be little in-game for anyone. Prices will be exorbitantly high, it just ruin the experience.

You love our support so you're virtually punishing us with nothing in exchange for our hard work... This almost seems unfair.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    dixbutts, balb1n0, Icynoob and 5 others like this.
  2. FeiiBardo

FeiiBardo Member

They should just make abilities that target enemy targets gain more XP per spell cast, or allow us to train smashes on dummies with an auto trainer.

tank4204evr, Klitz, Icynoob and 3 others like this.
  3. Blitzcronk

That's a positive suggestion and one that would make sense. Right now it seems the auto trainer only works for heals and buffs, no smashes or nukes and nukes/smashes can be notoriously slow. There are manuals in-game that you can craft: 10x3 but you require practical martial arts manual and then 10x2 for 2k in clan npc.

Icynoob likes this.
  4. FeiiBardo

FeiiBardo Member

The only problem with using those manuals is that you still level faster than you level those smashes. If I use a 10x3, I'm still going to be far over-leveled for my smashes.

5. Blitzcronk

With x1 in skill and x1 in drop you will out level your smashes/nukes and you will get very little whilst grinding. We're going to see some high leveled characters with weak skills.

tank4204evr, Icynoob and Oitza like this.
  6. archforge

archforge Member

7. Blitzcronk

The staff even said we won't be getting many exp events so we're virtually trapped with horrible rates... I'm not comfortable with spending money here so I won't be doing it.

Icynoob, itsthem and Oitza like this.
  8. archforge

archforge Member

There are quite a few items that were ingame (we couldnt make them yet) that increase the drop rate and xp rate by %, plus add that on the hero band buff and if your lucky (LD, Icy and Tibet) if your side controls all 3 formations you get a 5% xp buff. Then you can make xp pills via the loyalty system. Right now we do not know how it is going to play out, just over reacting with little information. Also they said no xp events, they didnt say anything about skill and drop events.....

9. Blitzcronk

formation control at this early isn't even worth discussing, on top of that the league buff works depending on the amount of players logged in, not how many bands in the league. The loyalty system which you receive 2 points per item you donate and you don't have a 100% success rate on crafting anything, it's all percentage based on how many points you have. Why would we be given x1 drop and skill but then receive events down the line. If you look closer at the thread responses, there were no 'exp events of any kind' happening as much.

Ahri has edited the original thread three times, changing the exp rates from 300% down to 200% back up and now back to 200%.

I have no issues with x3exp, I'm just not happy about x1 drop and x1 skill. It's going to be painful. If you want to experience x1 drop and x1 skill, head over to the TW server and look how that's doing. It will take you a day to level your basic smash nevermind clan smashes.

I am not hating on the publisher, I play regardless what they offer us I just think it's good to discuss what we've been given.

Icynoob likes this.
  10. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

I agree that the skill EXP was way too low in CBT. I found myself moving up the levels way faster than leveling up kung fu skills. This is a major issue that RedFox should look into. If players are leveling at a much faster rate than they can level up skills, grinding at higher levels will be tedious because the skills are simply not at a high enough cheng that is required for those mobs!

This can be fixed in a few ways:
    1) Make the base kung fu exp multiplier higher. This version of 9dragons has longer cooldowns than we are used to. I actually like this change, now nukers are forced to cycle ALL nukes into their grind and warriors to spam more smashes. You cannot simply learn the best smashes/nukes and only focus on them. This is good for 9dragons. However, the skill EXP is far too low and we will outlevel our kung fu. There needs to be an EXP and kung fu EXP balance. Otherwise it will be a nightmare in the later levels because we will simply not do enough damage. Another note that should be addressed is that I did NOT see any manual drops. I'm talking about 5x2,5x3,5x4,5x5. Only the craftable manuals which gives you 10x3. I believe this is not enough. Some roles have 30 minute cooldowns and one press of a button levels it up 1%. Thats brutal. We will never reach cheng 10 with these kung fu EXP rates.

2) Make the base leveling EXP lower. In my opinion leveling slower is good for the game. Not too slow, people will not bother playing. But at a slower pace than past 9dragons versions. If the EXP rate is lowered, it at least balances more with the skill EXP. I dont think this is the right approach for RedFox though.

3) Events. If RedFox wants to stray away from EXP events, make Kung Fu EXP events! On the weekends or on any schedule you want, make a very high multiplier for skill EXP. Lets say, x10. Then people can commit to leveling up skills for a while. Players can impliment the in-game macro system for buffs or they can choose to grind and level up nukes, smashes, etc.

Drop rates are a different issue entirely. I actually prefer lower drop rates. Rare items in early levels (BE's) should be RARE. It should feel great to get a BE drop and it makes boss hunting and dungeon running at lower levels MUCH more valuable.

Just my thoughts on this issue. I do believe the skill EXP is too low atm after experiencing CBT.

11. Blitzcronk

We had x5 skill rate and even then that felt brutal, the drop rate was too high and the drops were far too frequent. I don't have a problem with low drop rate but it needs to be balanced with skill and exp otherwise you have one which is completely unbalanced. I spent the last week or so grinding in TW and that was all base x1 rates and out of that grind, I received practically nothing from drops and my skills were so under level against my actual level that I was finding it difficult to grind - even with the True Dragon weapon which did the same amount of damage as a LM weapon.

Manuals didn't drop that frequently on the x5 and if the drop is x1, it will be very difficult to craft manuals considering the resources you need just won't be dropping. Yes at later stages during dungeon runs like Golden Coin Mansion or Silver Coin Mansion you will be able to farm chests for manuals but that isn't till later and by that point your smashes/nukes will be underpowered.

It's going to be a pretty brutal struggle and not one I don't imagine a lot of people will be prepared to endure. You're forgetting that everyone is so used to GC rates and GC events that this will feel like an absolute worthless grind, not because of the rates, just because of how GC handled their rates.

Increasing the rates arbitrarily isn't the best solution and the rates need to be adapted to having higher drop rates and exp rates as we progress up, not having a fixed rate all the way through. Higher levels, I don't even want to think about Acclaim era grinding.

Icynoob likes this.
  12. Blitzcronk

Delete please.

Icynoob likes this.
  13. Blitzcronk

After some clarification from my group, the rates for skill and drop would always be x1. The only increase would be x3 on exp.

I overreacted but there are items in-game that help with skill and drop. The unknown girls in Hefei have decos that have drop and skill on them.

Icynoob likes this.
  14. Blitzcronk

Yeah it was an overreaction on my part, we were always only getting x3 exp, x1 skill and drop was announced long ago. There are a lot of resources available to increase skill and drop.

Icynoob likes this.
  15. Larsam

Larsam Member

I didnt get to play CBT.. but my earlier experience with 9D has been ok with skill xp.. but unlike alotta players i was the type of player to lvl all my skills just to have and show off.. hopefully we do get the skill events or i doubt we'll be seeing this game long on here. I hope redfox looks to the players for sum help and take heed. Blitz u make very good points bruh. Hopefully they see it

16. Blitzcronk

New players are going to hate these rates, they're not used to the grind that we've had to put up with for years. GC made it ridiculously easy and everyone became so accustomed to that. Throwing people back in the deep end on a new server with low skill and exp is just going to push people away.

Icynoob and itsthem like this.
  17. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ahri posted about how we were going to receive 3X higher exp over certain maps in "Western Version". The base rate at GamesCampus was 150%, and they held weekend events up to 600% on top of the 150% exp rate, so 750%. The rate posted in the announcement is only 200%, which equates to a base rate of 3X experience meaning its only 50% higher.

The biggest issue here is that we all made posts requesting there to be no weekend long events anymore. RedFox has agreed to do this, and that's great until you realize that the drop rate was also boosted in every weekend event at GamesCampus. There was also a much higher skill rate, but I don't mind as much with this new auto training system and easily obtained 10x3 manuals.

[​IMG]

These rates were also set on a version where we could grind much faster in. The only time anyone even decided to login and play normally was during a 4X (450%) and higher event on the weekend. Hopefully there is an explanation for what is the reasoning behind having such low rates.

Klitz, Icynoob, ihgyug and 4 others like this.
  18. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Just to clarify the math - there is a difference between being increased "TO" and "BY". By 200% means x3. To 150% means x1,5.

Icynoob, itsthem and dixbutts like this.
  19. Blitzcronk

Dixbutt's last post about the drop being 150 and the skill being 300, does that mean we should be on x3 skill and x1.5 drop if they're going with rates from previous versions (GC)?

Icynoob likes this.
  20. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Well Ahri wrote "Item Drop and Kung Fu experience points will be the same as the Korean and previous US servers". I have no idea what the korean rates are, so unless they are also increased in such way - I think Ahri forgot or did not know about that increase on GC server.

Icynoob likes this.