[Updated: 2/18] Open Beta Test launches February 18, 2016

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello Nine Dragons Community,

We want to start with a huge thank you to everyone that participated in the Closed Beta and who continue to help us make Nine Dragons the best game we can possibly make. All users who logged in during the Nine Dragons Closed Beta will receive an exclusive "Returning Heroes" package when our servers reopen for Open Beta Testing.

Open Beta Testing is scheduled for February 18, 2016, at 6 PM PDT. During Open Beta, we will continue to update the game, so our players can further test new content in Nine Dragons Awaken! Once we are closer to completing our testing, we will inform players when the open beta will be completed. All progress made during the OBT will carry over into the future.

Nine Dragons Awaken will have a max level of 225, with access from Bamboo Village to East Temple/West Temple. Every map excluding Dragon Gate, Loulan, and East/West Temple will have an increase in experience points by 200%. Item Drop and Kung Fu experience points will be the same as the Korean and previous US servers. A regular cadence of content updates and patches are planned and in-progress, and we’ll have more information on upcoming content soon after release.

To enter the Nine Dragons Awaken Open Beta, you will need to create a RedFox account here.

Thank you once again for your participation in our beta and we appreciate the love and support you’ve provided. We couldn’t have made it this far without you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 2/18 6:48 PM: OBT is live!

UPDATE 2/18 6:28 PM:
    Correction. Open Beta will go live at 6:45 PM.

UPDATE 2/18 6:04 PM:
    We're sorry for the delay, Open Beta will go live at 6:30 PM.

UPDATE 2/18:
    Previously, we announced that all users who logged in during the Closed Beta will receive an exclusive "Returning Heroes" package when our servers reopen for Open Beta testing. Unfortunately, the process of claiming the "Returning Heroes" package has recently changed.

To receive the exclusive "Returning Heroes" package, all Closed Beta participants MUST also participate in the Open Beta test as well. The "Returning Heroes" package will be given out to all participants that participated in the Nine Dragons Awaken Closed Beta and Open Beta test on the 25th of February, the official release day. Addition information will be provided next week to where you can receive your package in the game.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get x2 drops in maps outside of NC/HZ, and the mentioned excluded maps that you listed above?

Seems weird to play through the game at x4 speed, but the drop rate is still the same. The biggest issue with drop rate was from farming SGCM in GC, you could make ~200m a run on a black superior run. We didn't get to test out what's been changed with the SGCM drop rates, but CoF and VoH seem to have nerfed drops overall.

3. Rabid

Rabid New Member

ahri we need x2 drop and x2 skill xp otherwise just rushing through content with x4 xp is no fun. whats the point of being a decent level and having to stand in the city buffing yourself for hours like there is no tomorrow because your skills or buffs are skill C1? its just no fun and + we need the meditation system in RedFox SkillTrainer. without an option to meditate there is no use to skilltrainer its just useless without meditation. lets make this game FUN and not some chore.
    thanks

4. HandSolo

HandSolo Member

Skill rate and drop rate will need to be at 2x or it will adversely affect both the game's economy and playability. 1x drop rate has caused player's to leave in the past, especially at high levels.

5. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

Dear loved GM,

If we have already the CBT account, do we need to create new account again to join OBT? If yes, can we use the same email or must use different email?
    Appreciate your confirmation on this.

Captainpack likes this.
  6. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Same account as you used for OBT.

Item Drop and Kung Fu experience points will be the same as the Korean and previous US servers

This is horrendous.

Captainpack likes this.
  7. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi everyone!

Every map excluding Dragon Gate, Loulan, and East/West Temple will have an increase in experience points by 200%. Item Drop and Kung Fu experience points will be the same as the Korean and previous US servers. (this cannot be adjusted as all version are all the same)

Again, we thank you for your feedback and understanding.

8. Blitzcronk

Delete this please.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

200% is x3

MOUSE and Oitza like this.
  10. Blitzcronk

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought x2 was 200% and x3 was 300%.

11. CaptainHook

CaptainHook Active Member

But is it possible somehow to start with higher lvl chars? Like db 8 or something...I am more interested to check out for those higher lvl quest buggs or just literally "buggs". Also pvp would be more interesting at higher lvls, not every1 will cry that they die from 1-2 smash at low lvls :p

Mihai23 likes this.
  12. VioleT

VioleT Member

Hi
    Can you tell something about clothes and weapon refinement rates, will it be like on GK or lower?
    Will be Kunlun location available in the future?
    Thanks for the answer in advance.

Captainpack, Chayhan and machatzi like this.
  13. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

Hi,
    So, since I already have OBT account, I do not need to create new account again to join OBT?

Oitza likes this.
  14. Blitzcronk

No, you use the same account you are using now, the same account you used in CBT.

15. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Don't really like this..
    Can we make sure that Training Manuals drop rate is increased at least?

you can try something and see why we need higher kung fu rate.
    1. Create a PS+ character
    2. Get his skills up to lvl10 , and try by grinding.. to max them (lvl12)
    If you manage to play more than 1 hour without giving up, let me know :)

Oitza likes this.
  16. jonesy

jonesy New Member

Well this sure bites, basically you're gonna level pretty fast, and skills are going to level extremely slow, which by my count is the worst possible outcome for a new character, let's create a scenario, I'm a new player, oh wow things are great, I'm leveling pretty fast oh wow clans skills, oh no my skills get 0.01% per cast this can't be right, oh wait it's exactly right, if xp is 200% I think skill xp should be the same.

17. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I have asked this before but it never gets a straight answer.

200% of what? I presume you mean base rate because GC had base rate x4.

Please don't say 200% of GC, answer in base rate, Is it base rate x8 or base rate x2?

18. VioleT

VioleT Member

Hello, I'm from Ukraine and a have a team of players from UA-RU.
    Is it possible to make stronger ping, bacause often some of players have DC or delays. Is it possible to somehow fix this? Or maybe there is some kind of solution?
    Thanks for the answer in advance.

saifuzaman likes this.
  19. vietman

vietman New Member

Drop rate should be increased (if not by hardcode then just by hand, as an event) to x2 permanently, because of game age and current population. x1 is a major turn off. On GC we had x1 for like, what, 3.5d a week?, and 32h of guaranted x3 - not that far away from x2 on average anyway.

20. martin22278

martin22278 New Member

x1, like acclaim times; sweet times ... not everyone reaches high levels in those days ...i remember that the highest guy I met was sun and moon 3. Anyway it seems too slow for these days ... x2 could result. Or maybe events with strong experience on weekends ...

Greetings, boys. And thank you to RedFox staff for giving us our old 9D again.

AncientShifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.