My thoughts on balancing the game.

Discussion in 'Etc' started by Nisakiru, Mar 29, 2016.

?

Which suggestion do you support?

Poll closed May 17, 2016.
  1. Panic Break

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Nanmu through grab

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Nanmu off the ground/through saver

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nanmu in the air

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Air Grab

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Reset Juggle

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

Hi, my name is Nisakiru! People call me 'Nisa' for short. I have been playing this game for years now, and things have been bothering me nonstop. Things that should've been fixed a few years into the game. The one thing is the games glitches. I'm going to be addressing multiple glitches and why they should be fixed. I'm also going to talk about glitches that were patched before and whether or not I agree with it being patched. In this post, I'm not going to be discussing bossmode glitches. The post is solely for PvP and not PvE. (I will add examples of each glitch in GIF form soon.)

Panic Break:
    Panic break is when you are mid combo and someone hits you with their panic, you use yours and continue your initial combo. When done correctly, you cancel your panic animation and it continues your combo animation. This means that after someone has used a panic to save them-self from a 'life or death' situation the attacker can panic break and continue their attack. I find this a bit broken even though you can second panic. It's either you buy a second panic from the store, or you hope to 'RNGesus' that you get single use second panics. Even then, panic break isn't expected because it isn't an actual mechanic.

Nanmu through Grab:
    During a grab animation of any sort, whether is is a >>z animation or a regular zx grab, you can activate nanmu during this. This glitch is used as a quick escape method. I don't necessarily thing this is a bad glitch, but I think the nanmu should instead be a wide range panic that knocks down, instead of knocking back like the original panic.

Nanmu off the ground/through saver:
    It's possible to nanmu off the ground when it's possible to roll or recovery kick. You can also do this after you activate saver. This glitch is also a quick escape like 'Nanmu through grab'. I think that if nanmu is used on the ground, it should be a wide range panic as well. Note that it's a one time use as well since it uses nanmu to activate it.

Nanmu in the air:
    Usually, this glitch is used for saving yourself from falling in certain situations, and escaping death. This glitch, however is fine the way it is. It should be introduced as a mechanic, rather than being there as the games meta. I don't agree with the fact if you short hop you can continue the nanmu after the dash. The dash should be longer in the air so it can be used as an evasive maneuver.

Air Grab:
    Air grabbing is when you grab in the air after double jumping. People usually air grab to either grab someone who is blocking after you jump. You can grab them as you begin to descend to the ground. I have mixed feelings about air grabbing. Some people use it to get back on the map by double jumping and grabbing repeatedly. If you have high enough jump, you can get back onto the map after being knocked off. It's honestly a really bad glitch and I believe everyone can live without it. On the other hand, you can use air grab to catch people off guard as another option. I believe it should be introduced as a mechanic if it's truly going to be a part of the meta of this game.

Reset Juggle:
    Reset juggle is when you use a complete combo to keep your opponent in the air. After you do that combo, you then punch twice as you normally would for a juggle, and do the same combo again. That combo's animation usually finishes before your opponent falls on the ground. I think this glitch shouldn't exist, or at least it should be limited to how many of those combo's you can do.I think it should be limited to two times.

If anyone has any ideas on what other glitches should be fixed, post a comment please. We gotta make this game better for everyone.
    (I will add onto this into the future.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    tinytinytintin likes this.
  2. BagOfNotes

BagOfNotes Well-Known Member

Everything nanmu related is not a glitch. They are simply different ways of using nanmu. If you're only expecting nanmu to work while being on the ground while its been activated, that would make the game more boring. Nanmu in general is balanced because it can be countered by a panic.

I believe Resetting is fair to an extent. It should have no limit if it is difficult to do.

Air grabbing is fair and is what I consider extremely balanced and optimal against players blocking.

What you are referring to is Air Climbing which allows you to stall the game and even return to the stage if you have just high enough jump. Air Climbing isn't entirely too much of a concern, I mean it is broken but its not something that usually drastically changes the outcome of a match. It usually results in a tie at most.

And Panic Break is completely fair because you use your panic to cancel out someone elses. Although if the other player still has nanmu, your the one who will be punished for it for running out of panic. And both players these days are expected to have double panic so panic break in my opinion isn't a viable option.

3. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

I understand that but if it isn't introduced as a mechanic in the game that you can do, I don't think it should be in the game. It's considered a glitch because it's not something that's supposed to happen. If the devs implemented better training and that nanmu has more uses, it'd definitely help a lot of people learn that they have more at their disposal. Nanmu itself is a combo but the initial dash is what people use to get out of situations. I honestly have no problem with it as is, but it could be improved a bit.

As for Panic Break, It's basically a pseudo faux break. People complained about it and it got patched. It may give up your panic and nanmu but it's breaking the mechanic of panic. Panic itself is supposed to save you but if the person can get through your panic anyway, then there might as well not be a skill to save you. As fast as ones reflexes may be, it's not something that's anticipated at all.

4. BagOfNotes

BagOfNotes Well-Known Member

By your logic, Counter is a glitch because counter is not introduced in training.

5. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Everything you mentioned should be patched.

6. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

No, counter was introduced before. Why it isn't in the training now is beyond me. My point is the things I mentioned in my first post are glitches. Glitches are faults in the system that aren't intended to happen. Despite it being the 'meta' of Rumble fighter, it's a glitch and shouldn't exist in the game. That wasn't the point I was making in my post. I was only explaining ways of improving those 'metas' or getting rid of certain glitches and replacing them with different ones. The nanmu dash itself is buggy. Panic break should be patched like faux break got patched and Air grab should be limited to two or three if you're descending a long drop to avoid air climbing. These are the major ones, the other glitches are fine as is. It's either inform people of these 'mechanics', or introduce them to new players in training. It'd help newer players get into the game and stay in it.

The fact we haven't had major new content is sad to be honest.

7. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

Thank you for your input! Is there anything else I forgot to mention?

8. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Yo, mb, and don't take this the wrong way, but I actually meant shouldn't*. I would also like to mention, that is just my opinion.

tinytinytintin and BagOfNotes like this.
  9. Xenester

Xenester Active Member

Like any other game you just have to learn to adapt. Plus removing these would make the game more stale.

10. Maylen12

Maylen12 Well-Known Member

I can do all except reset because that's cheap, I know it takes skill but I find it cheap. I loved Panic breaking people, and even fauxing and other u miss but it's better like it is. Enough said. Less glitch, less problems.

11. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

You're right. Honestly, I think that since all of what is listed is a glitch, it could either be patched or improved upon. Personally, the only things I have a problem with is Panic Break and Air Grab/Air Climb. The others can stay as is. I just thing they should introduce nanmu as a way to combo someone, and a way of getting out of situations.

12. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

Yes, I understand that but canceling animations and grabbing in midair isn't really a part of the normal mechanics in the game. These are all glitches people have found playing the game. Even if the people in the game evolve, the game must as well. If they're going to leave them in the game, they can at least introduce the glitches as actual mechanics and improve them.

13. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

It's fine, really. Why do you think they should stay in the game?

14. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I play Tales Runner and in that game there is a feature called dash jumping. It wasn't suppose to be in the game, but it made the game more fun, so the devs decided to leave it and actually make it an official feature. In game there are some major abuse of game play, but stuff like air grabbing, nanmu uses, etc... are skillful tactics. They require skills to pull off and they really aren't that OP. Most people in the game adapted to stuff(Ex:people jump or move out of the way when they knock someone down, because they are avoiding a nanmu attack on the ground). I do agree to patch some stuff you listed, but not all. Some of the stuff makes the game more fun and enjoyable.

tinytinytintin and Nisakiru like this.
  15. Xenester

Xenester Active Member

Yeah but this has been an on-going thing since OGP. They still haven't fixed it.

16. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

Yeahh... I just made this post cause I felt like addressing some of the glitches in the game. I feel like they can do so much better with it. They'd get a lot more money if they improve on the game accordingly. I feel like nimonix is to blame. Lol

17. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

I wish Rumble Fighter evolved like Tales Runner by making a glitch into a feature built into the game. Even though the glitch takes skill to pull off, it still needs to be smoothed out to be something actually put into the game. The fact they let glitches like 'Panic Break' stay in the game is kind of saddening. We haven't really had a major update since RF was 'revolutionized'.

18. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

They should integrate resets as part of the game and only nerf the broken ones.

Fraud and tinytinytintin like this.
  19. Nisakiru

Nisakiru New Member

I think that'd be a great idea for every scroll to have a reset. They should make the resets hard to pull off as well.

tinytinytintin and Yusuke like this.
  20. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

All of these are mechanics that the developers knew would be there if u check on the old ogp wiki page