Dear Tournament Organizers....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Mar 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Ok so for whatever reason, this seems to be a hot take but... Why do savers always get a crit handicap?
    Oh, you don't crit like an ASSASSIN? Bummer... I also don't completely eliminate okizeme (wakeup pressure) anytime I want, but where's my equalizer?

Giving savers a higher crit value only degrades the viability of assassins, who are already at an inherent disadvantage vs savers. Allowing them to essentially double our crit in every single tournament not only makes them equal to us in damage, but also gives them complete access to both mechanics.

That's like giving all assassins a double panic because we can't escape as well as savers.
    Why is the stat line not even? Yes, we do get a1.95x crit boost. I personally found this. We sporadically hit a little harder but work harder for it.
    You know what we also get? Ground hits to the face. Unfavorable trades in the air vs savers, since they just get up and are granted free okizeme. Lost juggles that go just a little too low to the ground...
    And if we guess wrong on the complete ground hit gamble vs savers? Entire juggles to the face.

No, I'm not suggesting assassins get anything over savers... I just want the playing field leveled. An even crit stat line does that. We both can crit, which is still unfair, but with an even stat line I can at least know I'm doing it more than you in exchange for being stuck on the ground when knocked down and all jumping being unfavorable.

The devs didn't buff assassins in recent times because they were evenly matched afterall. For the first time ever, as a lifetime assassin, it feels balanced to fight against savers. The crit handicap is keeping things skewed in favor of savers, particularly in a ffa environment.
    That said, 65 is a bit much for either class. If I catch someone panicless in an advanced nanmu while my health is flashing with 65 crit, it's going to be devastating.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hi @Crescendo,

Thanks for taking the time to write the post. To clarify, the current ruling on CRI is 77 for Assassin, and 100 for Saver and those that don't have Rebirth.

After some research and testing last year, our team has concluded that the Assassin crit chance multiplier is 1.95x. So the current 77 CRI limit for Assassin actually gives it 150.15, granting Assassin a total of 15% chance to land a critical hit, while Savers will have just 10%.

Our team is open to suggestions though, and are open to making last changes before the tournament's start.

3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

This is still an unfair handicap for savers. Your team did not do that research, I did. I posted it in the discord and ztar pinned it.
    Why are savers given a higher cap? The crit rate is not supposed to be similar. You're punishing assassins twice with these rules Starberry.
    Tournaments hosted by players having unbalanced rules is one thing, but tournaments hosted by our actual host have no reason to be biased or unfair.
    You're trying to somewhat equalize a crit rate that should not be. That is our only special trait.
    We don't get any stat bonus over savers to supplement our recovery, yet they get more crit (stat) and therein lies the problem with giving them a crit boost.

I will not play in a tournament with unfair rules. I'd urge anyone reading this to do the same.

Edit: Players without rebirth having additional crit is OK, but it gives them no identity. They're just pseudo-assassins. Give non-rebirth players something unique instead. It will diversify things.
    Assassins crit, savers mitigate damage via escape, non-rebirth? Give them a bg or 2nd panic.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  4. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Also, please enlighten me... How are we getting a stat to 77?

5. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hello @Crescendo, thanks for taking the time to make a detailed response.

I like your idea about having each class having it's own unique identity. I will review your suggestion with the rest of our community advisors. From there, we will make final changes to the tournament before it begins.

If you signed up and not wish to participate, we will respect your decision.

Crescendo likes this.
  6. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Make me CA, (even without the [CA] title, just to be in the loop for constructive criticism and debate) I'd have been in on the discussion from the beginning.

7. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Because they are racist.

Assassin > Savor.

8. HinagikuRin

HinagikuRin Active Member

I agree with this too, im curious to see if this is even possible. Post a ss of the whole set and stats with it. 76 crit is possible but idk about 77.

9. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

dear tournament organizers...

get nordvpn

10. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

even if it IS possible to even get 76 crit, is it from some uber rare that was only released 8 years ago once? Stuff like that making it possible is hardly fair...

11. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Nah. Since the buff, Assassin = Saver
    Prior to the buff, it wasnt even close. Saver by a landslide.

12. HinagikuRin

upload_2022-3-7_18-32-36.png
    Currently is probably possible with this title and a 5 crit item, but then again idk how you are gonna get the rest of the stats without an avalon. The rest of the stats on the title are not that great. I also dont know when the last time this was released.

13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Trust me.
    Assassin are supervisor.

14. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

another goofy crit item is the golden boombox, with 24 crit.but these are both rare af

15. HinagikuRin

Who in their right might would use that item for stats tho. You are handicapping yourself by not using a shell back item

16. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

bro these are the extremes they're holding assassins to. Meanwhile Savers get more crit, free escapes, and an achievable+superior stat line.

17. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

close it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.