Most Broken Scroll On Release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodNinja, Nov 21, 2021.

1. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

What scroll was the most extremely broken when it was first introduced into the game?
    Personally I think it was either shadow ninjutsu(walkout glitch and reset plus it was so much faster) or wind shooter(literally the easiest reset ever added in game literally dead if u ever got launched)

2. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Idk about being the most broken, but the release of Rage as a complete noob was a nightmare.

Shaolin Tiger was another very powerful release, but that got nerfed shortly after.

3. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

sage master, correct me if I'm wrong didn't it get nerfed at some point?

I might add, which other "broken" scrolls got nerfed hard after release? Kingpin was the only scroll I remember nimonix put the absolute most effort into gimping, I think it got like 5 balance patches IIRC and it was all because of like resets.

4. BloodNinja

I don’t remember sage getting nerfed
    Kingpin never had any resets it had a alternate PPK launcher which led to basically a touch of death if you hit the launcher inside the nanmu so what they did was nerf the ppk to the point where u can only hit that alternate launcher if you have your opponents back and since the ppk was the nanmu reset it also applies to this aswell I would say it’s op because one of the real first nanmu launchers / touch of death but it still required some effort to do prenerf and even with that theoretical damage the scroll still suffered from being hard to use correctly

5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Shoot Boxing & ZTKD - No Scroll but Sage Master stood a chance except until Drunk Master came out and even then eeeehhh
    Muhon's Ninjitsu (Bushin) - RF's 2nd official player suggested scroll, the original 2hit-oh-sht kick stun move and it's combos were safer than barred-window houses
    Dark Haze Ninjitsu -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

gonna say the wind because that was a common gw ban

Tengu likes this.
  7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Only KDStylez actually used The Wind in a bannable fashion tho, everyone else just >>GK spammed lol

8. 1WingAngel

1WingAngel Active Member

Lol

9. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

or wall, slope, or angled launch xd

10. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

I don't know if it counts, but Red Storm had that super easy reset when it first came out. KP P P PP P P PP P P PP; it was a truly infinite reset and pretty much anyone could pull it off. :v

Jazztech likes this.
  11. BloodNinja

Slope doesn’t really count cuz that’s makes the reset stage dependent not scroll dependent
    The PPK portions hitbox movement + hitbox is literally wonky asf what are the chances of hitting it at angle realistically
    True but I feel like people are focusing on resets too much just cause something has an easy reset doesn’t necessarily make it op I’m interested in scrolls that were op even without the reset and the reset just made it more op I.e Jin takekyon infinite reset and even after the nerf it’s still viable

12. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Same with Inferno, TengoryuKarate, Red Rock Nin, Marang Ninjutsu, Shadow Ninjutsu, Lucha Libre SE, etc. They all had super easy infinites on par with Red Storm's.

Personally, Marang or Shadow were the most broken on release as Shadow had the walk-out glitch and Marang was on steroids with 3 resets and super spammy combos compared to its now watered down self.

Let's not forget Hawkhunter with its unblockable nanmu and insanely easy PKK reset with a PKKK semi-charged reset like Zin TKD for back up.

TimeSplitter likes this.
  13. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Abyss bfe's nanmu hit's back, right?
    Also has / had a relatively easy reset if I recall.
    Also Also, add Myst to that list of really easy resets with it's PPK wall reset it had

14. Draygashi

Abyss BF LE's Nanmu does hit backs, yes. Its infinite reset is still there, too.

Mystic's PPK reset didn't even need a wall either, it just needed you to angle the second punch and have enough SPD to perform consecutive resets.

I also forgot about Sumo BF LE. That infinite is still there, but not as easy as it once was. You could hit that angling it any direction and change the direction of your juggle/infinite with ease.

Jazztech likes this.
  15. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

All in all, its that they decided to make limited/cycled/boxed gacha fighting styles in a game that already had a lackluster competitive scene.

Besides that, shop wise it was at Zin Karate that scroll releases stopped making sense. It was when top players were putting this scroll on and just crushing everyone in sight. Every had the holy trinity of Shoot/ZinTKD/Dragon before that but other alternative options were not too far behind.

Also, Sage never got buffed. It was just a scroll that was made poorly and had to be fixed. Since Sage was the only scroll that summons animations and doesnt use its own kind of hitbox related to the player, they never bothered to fix any of it. It would hit twice with high ping and work in weird angles.

16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

How was I the only person to say Dark Haze Ninjitsu :eek: what a world

18. BloodNinja

Dhn ain’t really that op outside of juggling it’s still strong just not broken imo

19. Draygashi

DHN is my favorite scroll so I won't knock it.

I will vouch that Gem messed up by originally releasing it as 37,000 Carats 12 years ago. NO ONE bought any other Scroll. They were forced to nerf it and box it for Rumble Fighter upon its release here.

Tengu likes this.
  20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

-PPPP had amazing speed, range, priority (hit/block stun to recovery ratios), delay, and angling. 2-3 punch delay is to this day the longest delay of any attack in the game so in 2008 this was the best punch combo in the game.
    -KKKK/KK(G+K) had amazing prio, crazy good movement, and huge hitboxes with better anti-air than Sage. Was nearly impossible to punish a DHN user who knew what they were doing.
    -The kG is still an S+ tier kG to this day so imagine it on release when compared to Wing Chun which just gets 2-ground punches that do 5 cents each.