Lift the limits (40- is outdated)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Nov 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Guys, this is something I know a lot of you are going to turn your noses up at, but it needs to be said.

40- is an outdated limitation for guild wars.

They literally gave us a set that breaks that limit for free (Wonder guy) and we still blindly follow it.

Here's my reasoning, and I'm speaking as an OG gwer who was here long before the RR1 40- nonsense was in place...

1.) Guilds used to be diverse.
    There was a place, no, a necessity in guilds for avid NHAAers, BMers, 1v1ers and even statless Dos mains in the golden era.
    Why?

2.) Guilds used to build together.
    When you went into a room and saw 4 ppl with 70str, there were no crybabies. You either ducked, lured them into a different map, or showed them what's up. Oh they have Sage too? And 4x bats? The counterplay was not crying about rules.
    We built eachother up through grinding as a guild and became stronger to either match or exceed them. Bottom line.

I was gonna type a whole bunch more but I'll just give the conclusion here

stop with the nonsense rules. Let's grind together again as guilds and rebuild our sense of community...

HBOYPOWER and HumoLoco like this.
  2. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

…..I need some of whatever you’ve been smoking

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I'm not saying we should all be using meta swords, but we play an RPG man. When there's no need to grind, it becomes stale.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  4. BloodNinja

Stat restrictions are put down to balance everyone into a equal playing field so that money isn’t the main factor into winning if anything raising it makes the game more stale since everyone dies faster this is the dumbest post I’ve ever read by you I’m very disappointed my son

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

You've never known it any other way I see.
    Well I'm also not saying we should all be in there with 120 str and 900 crit.

I simply said 40- is outdated, which it is.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  6. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Our limits should be the upper reaches of shop stats, nothing less.

By today's standards, 60- is reasonable. Keep in mind when 40- was a thing, a decade ago, 80str was only possible for like 4 of us.
    Now we have avalons, ascended scrolls, set effects, etc.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  7. BloodNinja

So what’s more updated -70 ? You can barely hit 50 str with carat items only and even then you’re sacrificing every other stat and most likely need to enchant anyways and saying guilds built together because of no stat restrictions? How far has that gotten the guild war community? People who say things like this are the same people who use Avalons and stats as clutches in guild war and can’t win without using Vern sword with +80 str and 700 mana no one likes losing half their hp in one single basic combo and it should stay that way if it was up to me gws would be -30 with all the bs damage scaling these new scrolls have

Altissimum and HBOYPOWER like this.
  8. BloodNinja

We have Avalon’s and ascended scrolls and set effects? There is no we when stats and literally everything you just listed is locked behind a paywall and don’t even say anything about Avalon’s they literally are the most p2w mechanic in this game and your talking about it like it’s a inclusive feature that everyone should have.If I joined this game grinded all my hard earned carats never dropped a dime at best I would have a close to +40 set and that’s only if I bm why should I have to deal with someone who might be less skilled than me spent less time than me grinded less than me ,winning because he has a 200$ Avalon verm sword ,blood dragon , 200 crit with assassin and 4k hp? Don’t say just play better because that’s absolute bs that a player can win the game by pressing 1 button or having a scroll with so few weaknesses compared to what’s available in the shop that it’s damn near impossible to kill him fairly.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  9. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Difference being nowadays you can get those op rare items for free. Wicked Flare contends with any rare scroll easily.
    I promise you 60's is possible with very little money involved. Even then, when "40-" was first in place, most ppl didnt have anything but str at 40. the rest was "sacrificed" in those days too. But power has crept and we're all perfect 40's now easily.
    60- is more reasonable. Or at least 55-.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  10. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Well when the whole damn community is pushing 25, if they can't swing 20 bucks on an avalon and a few slot extensions then shame on them lmao

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  11. BloodNinja

Shame on someone for not wanting to pay in a free to play game ?

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  12. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

No one here is truly free to play. You never spent any money on it?
    You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who hasnt.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  13. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

You're arguing on a principle, I arguing the reality.

HBOYPOWER likes this.
  14. BloodNinja

Just because someone else does something doesn’t mean that that’s the entire population and players joining this game are looking for a decent experience without having to shell out 50$ to just get the bare minimum items to play the game on a competitive level not saying we get new players anyways but why is paying a requirement in a free game ?

15. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

as of right now, with a little bit of luck and patience, you can have +24str socketed fully free 2 play.

16. BloodNinja

I’m arguing from the standpoint of being fair to everyone your arguing from the standpoint of the game being p2w

17. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

lol nobody is gwing with noobs anyways. Only tryhards are gwing.

18. BloodNinja

What are the odds of getting a +10 gem let’s be realistic

19. BloodNinja

Only tryhards are 1v1ing but I don’t see you complaining about the -30 rules?

20. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

1v1 is not the measure of my banner vs yours, its the test of my skills in neutral vs yours.

Guild wars are not the same. You challenge that banner, you better be ready for the warriors that follow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.