@GM's Karma clarification / Petition, make Bad Karma great Again..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirme, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

A we all should know or have seen, 9 dragons is based of of buddisht, hindu and Tao(Dao) elements.
    The Karma titles for example seem to copy and paste titles from those way of lives..

So my question is.. is this the correct title per karma? Screenshot (1413).png

or is it this one
    Screenshot (1412).png
    if its the first and not the second? why is hell's pawn the direct opposite of destiny's hand.. makes no sense...
    there is no Asura, Mara with title hell's pawn... Hell's Spawn makes more sense... in the context of Karma.. seeing as how all the good karma titles seem like Arhat, Daeva, or titles of buddhahood...

The final title makes even more sense for bad karma, how does one.. become minion of the damned after committing massive bad deeds?
    or why would they want to? meanwhile for good Karma literally becomes a Buddha, Arhat, Daeva..

I hope you all can consider making it more appropriate for Bad Karma.. as well..
    here is my suggestion...
    Screenshot (1412).png
    fits 1 to 1 with good Karma epithets..

I hope the suggestion is considered, since having both good karma and bad karma you are forced to display bad Karma, for me personally it messes up my immersion.. seeing mistranslated, or contextual titles that make no sense.
    And I think it is a minor change that will be a Huge gameplay improvement..

And while at it if you all can give a karma incentive, like cosmetic effect, karma monthly gift or package.. like drop cards x 3 maybe, xp x7 cards, and other goodies monthly..

Thank you all for consideration.

Attached Files:

2. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

we got more important things to worry about! who cares about how karma title say at the moment. just be glad they added karma quest for us to even reach those karma title. y'all idiot need to stop nip picking on every single things

3. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

The title of Good Karma/Bad Karma has not changed since the first publisher initially launched the game. If you earn the same score for both GK and BK, then the BK takes precedent. I am not sure why you want to add an incentive for earning Karma since everyone can easily earn Karma from the new daily quest. Overall, the Karma system needs an overhaul, but we must wait until KR gets it first.

upload_2021-8-16_12-30-24.png

Idolized likes this.
  4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

yes it has not changed, but as far A I know no one has ever reached max title, and thank you for the clarification of picture, over the years I have seen many say bad translation and stuff, so I wanted to make sure. which was which.

I know you said Korea must get an overhaul first and stuff, but here is a question...

Why is it that every other title between good and bad Karma match each other.. but the 8 and the last one? Lore wise(Karma wise) it makes no sense( considering where source material is coming from) and logically it makes so sense... or at least I cannot comprehend it..
    So when you all do your overhaul in Korea then here, can you all ask or request the developers to put more thoughts into their epithet titles or at least reverse the list? Because the Karma title for Black karma makes no sense at 8 or 10...

would make more sense if the list was reversed..(personal point of view)

Or if possible, can you (since you are basically lore keeper) help me understand why the 8th title in a list that increases in severity turns you into a "a disposable item" and the 10th into a "slave". At least that's what it seems to me...
    I will take pm or w/e.. just can't understand the though process, thank you very much in advance.

And thank you again for response.

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

correction, you got more important things to worry about, go make your own thread about your "important things".
    Whats important to you is probably not important to me, And I assure you I am not the only one who cares about the not important Karma title.. was talking about it in a discussion when I was told to put it in forum..

So if you have no constructive thing to say, or on topic thing, maybe don't post?

6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Or at least I hope you can help me understand,
    If not, just give it a thought, and consider suggesting the above or better..(if you got better)

would personally like to see more of you guys ideas in game.. just saying..

7. TouchMyTralala

TouchMyTralala Member

o_O someone clearly has nothing better to do

8. [GM]Ahri

As stated previously, we didn't translate nor edit the translated title of Karma. We wanted to keep everything the same since players already know of those translated names. Changing things that have been already existed for years on end will only confuse players.

Furthermore, we trust that the original US publisher has translated the title accordingly. They were a well-known publisher, after all. All localization so far, from past to present, seems to be synchronized to KR service since we don't want any misinterpretation.

Example: An Apple, we will call it Apple or An Apple. We will not call it A Rising Flying Pie.

9. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

For the record, Acclaim did have bad translations.. a lot of them.. I personally used to laugh at them cause it was funny... in a lot of cases...

And you guys have changed the game a lot compared to acclaim days.. its not even the same anymore, to say it will confuse players...(that is a very funny thing to keep the same, when it seem so inconsistent with the explanation of Karma in game... Yes I do read every quest in game...)

But I still don't understand why the Karma for bad Karma for an egregiously bad guy, would be minion... and not be mistranslated (No Korean martial or wuxia novels, inspired by 9 dragons , which inspired 9 dragons(legend of condor heroes) or wuxia.. has ever had a slave strongest bad guy..., not the breaker, breaker new waves, chronicles of heavenly demon, scholars reincarnation) I can go on but no point.
    Screenshot (1415).png
    Was hoping for you to at least ask a question to your Korean devs... since you are basically lore master..

But I guess since bad Karma is now easy to get, its a first world problem... like some guy said before..
    Good karma was always easy to get.. too bad can't switch..as long as you have 100 bad karma..

Whelp I guess the work around is to stop at w/e title I like and call it a day
    . To me its a peeve to see see things that make no sense, but I guess I am used to it..

For a first person game, with barely any story left.. that ruins immersion.. I guess when i randomly remember that i am an immortal spirit hell's pawn or minion of the damned who saved the whole of 9 dragons Murim, mass genocide demons for xp and fraternized with kunlun deities... only to become hell's pawn, and minion of the damned. whelp I spend too much time here... new Karma quest was my new past time in between long content drought.. now that's dead.

Every year this version game feels more and more in maintenance mode...

Thank you for Response.. It was enlightening. It cleared of my doubts and misinformation.

10. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I no longer expect much.... because this can be so easily fixed.. but.. my fingers has been crossed too long :(

the fact is ... this is direct translation from Korea.. and how it should actually be...
    But I am not the publisher... so.. its what ever..

Going from your analogy..
    I guess we do call an apple a rising flying pie here.. because we have faith in and want to be like a company which cash grabbed and dropped the game...
    I guess since we are following them.. game will be closing soon too.....

well anyways this post will be ignored anyways, so have a great day all.. and enjoy while you can..

Screenshot (1416).png

11. [GM]Ahri

I have already given you a response. You are suggesting for us to change something that is not broken. We have priorities set right now, and the Karma title is not one of them at this time. Thank you for your understanding and feedback about the titles.