Event: Race to Refinement

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Mar 26, 2021.

1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

NineD_Banner800x450_Race0322.png

The race to refinement is on! Everyone, get your tools ready - we're looking for the best handymen out there to attain +18 Glacial/Dark Sapphire Willow Weapon refinement!

The first 3 players on all servers to hit +18 Glacial/Dark Sapphire Willow Weapon refinement (without the use of scrolls) will receive a 2 permanent, as well as a +18 weapon of choice by the end of the event. That's right - you'll have this perk forever!

How to Participate
    • Talk to Master Refiner Mo Tailan in Hefei to get your refining on!
    • Refine +18 Glacial Sapphire Willow weapon, get a +18 Glacial Sapphire Willow weapon of choice.
    • Refine +18 Dark Sapphire Willow weapon, get a +18 Glacial Sapphire Willow weapon of choice.
    There can only be three winners for all servers (first 3 to hit +18) - good luck!

Prizes
    • 3 Winners: Sapphire Willow - Energy Epithet, Sapphire Willow - Mighty Epithet, and +18 Glacial Sapphire Willow or Dark Sapphire Willow weapon of choice.
    upload_2021-3-26_21-2-39.png

Rules & Restrictions:

• Prizes will be granted as-is; no substitutions will be offered and we will not transfer your prize to a different account.
    • The contest entry period begins March 26th and ends at 6:00 PM PDT on April 20th at 6:00 PM (PDT).
    • Keep the thread clean; off-topic will be deleted.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  2. isbarkley

isbarkley Active Member

Event is only up to April 20th? How can you do it in time if one of the mats. requirement to upgrade is only can be obtain from doing Infinite Dungeon that needs 250,000 points? Correct me if i’m wrong.

3. [GM]Ahri

We'll collect data as time goes by, and event duration is subject to change.

MarjonD likes this.
  4. WiseMonks

WiseMonks New Member

Besides that,, i dont even have seastorm,, hell i dont even have fwd, so this is a nice end game players race..

Oh how nice

bengie22 likes this.
  5. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that you have the Epi names mixed up. Given choices between the names "Energy & Mighty", the dark blue epi with 武 should be "Mighty" and the light blue epi with 氣 should be "Energy".

6. Annyeonghaseyo

Annyeonghaseyo New Member

if u have seastorm +18 then upgrade to glacial sapphire, do you win? or it has to be a new weap?

7. [GM]Ahri

You need to refine the weapon to +18. And just for clarification, you can upgrade a +17 seastorm to a glacial sapphire, then refine to +18. It will count as long as you actually refine the weapon to +18.

8. [GM]Ahri

The error has been fixed.

9. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Dear Ahri,
    As you mentioned here in this line, any account abusing the event will be banned.
    So, you made available the OP pack with Ancient Mirror inside and bound it to 1 per account. Okay, that's legit.
    What is not fine is that people don't need much effort to create 13123 accounts and buy the OP for each one of them.
    Isn't it abusing the event?
    In my point of view, you are teasing the players to create more accounts and buy the packs to make sure they get the weapon permanent. And let's say, it can be considered as abusing the event which is implicitly caused by you.

Another thing, why didn't you released the notice at the same time as the event? People already spent Ancient Mirrors to try their FWD weapons and they could have tried to refine the new one. Well done RedFox.

Tease more players to drop their wage here for a racing refining event. Not even the refinement rates are available to the community and you incentive players to spend to try to refine weapons to +18? This doesn't look ethically right. You are encouraging people to randomly refine weapons at an unknown rate? That's not right from your side.

Who guarantees us that the refinement rates were not changed? What were the success rates before? What are the rates now? Sounds a bit strange to my ears... And if we are to compete for it, we need to know the exact rates. I guess you know what I mean.

Looks like you are trying to do what other games are doing. Check this example.

Good luck.

isbarkley likes this.
  10. [GM]Ahri

For clarification, as long as the participant is not using any exploits, hacks, or third-party programs to participate in the event.

11. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

This means that at any time, at any event, creating new account to benefit from the event goodies is not considered as abusing. Am I correct?
    (as far as I remember this was punishable in the past events)

There is something that triggers me tho. Why don’t you add the Ancient Mirror to the item shop and make it purchasable unlimited times? I don’t see any difference between that and creating thousands of new account just to drop 20$. Can you please tell us why don’t you do this instead? Keep the same price and just remove the op pack, most of people are interested in the mirror anyways.
    You would benefit more if you made this possible. Anyway, just my opinion (and nothing different from what you are doing).

P.S.: it would have been great that you could comment on the official refinement rates since there is an event towards that. Just throwing this to the air.

12. kaix96

kaix96 New Member

Gm I wrote about how it's impossible to buy a United Spirit Tablet in Infinite Dungeon NPC store for 1million point to make "Liu Sha Rung" within 30 days on comrade level event.

So I will say the same here for the 250k point to buy Ancient Weapon Exchange Ticket. The time needs to be extend longer or be permanent and give the reward to the 1st 3 player in each server. It will be more reasonable that way.

So I will tell you a calculation of how much point you can obtain. Lets just say there is 4 weeks and 7 days are in 1 month which make 28 days.

In 1 day you have only 5 free attempt. If you can complete all 50 floors you can only make 1000 infinite dungeon point in one run. So in total in 1 day, you can get 5000 in a day if completed all 50 floors. So in 7 days you make 35000 points. multiply that to 4 weeks it is only 140000 points total. if u just add 2-3 days to make it 30/31 day it will sum up to 150000 or 155000 points only.

Ancient Weapon Exchange Ticket(250000 points) is needed to make a Dark Sapphire Willow weapon.

United Spirit tablet(1000000 points) is needed to activate "Liu Sha Rung" for comrade

i would say the same thing for Ultimate tablet(1000000) but you can get it from blue dragon box or white dragon box if you a cash player or buy cc.

so it is impossible for those who start doing infinite dungeon at the start of this event or even late.

yes there are people who have been doing infinite dungeon ahead of this before this event so they should have some infinite dungeon points already but as you can see 99% of the population of this game cannot complete all 50 floors till this day. Some didn't even care to do it. At best they should be able to buy an Ancient Weapon Exchange Ticket if they been doing infinite dungeon long enough.

I know you said the "event duration is subject to change"

13. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

so how about the people who dont have flying dragon yet??
    this is basicly an event who paid a lot, bought it from someone els?? so what the 1% who farmed legit for it + who ever used CC or FB to buy it?

going strong here GM, nice event for all

14. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

Shouldn't it be for individual server?:confused:
    Yin population cant compete Tao in term of supply and demand. Meaning they have more people on so they can farm more materials faster than Yin

Sedolh likes this.
  15. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Guess this thread is already going down.
    Anyway, thanks Ahri.

16. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

They havent done that sonce potala. So i dont think they will start doing that now

Despised likes this.
  17. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

too hard for them to maintain translated epis.

potala epis have broken at least twice

Despised likes this.
  18. Hermit86

Hermit86 New Member

Idea is ok, but the Event itself is just for 0,5% of the Playerbase. And since you can create many Accounts and just Gift the OP Pack to yourself. This makes the Event just a joke.
    But thanks to All whales to Support the game!
    I cant even Farm that much ID point to buy a weapon, i am to New to even have a fwd or higher weap, so i wish all that can take that Chance good luck.
    Would like to See Events all can participate.

19. mariussss

mariussss New Member

yea dark saphire weap np made 1st try with create epi,event buff,band,dark kylin buff and mcgx10.GL crafting Glacier from seastorm,that failed ofc since rate prolly low asf.all those create perks and failed.sad cant use create mcg too.bye bye 2 stack saphire shards 2 yellow jades and 250k infinite points for basicaly nothing :)).hopin better ways to get weap pop if not RIP for all i care.gl to u rest tryin out there :)

bengie22 likes this.
  20. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Tbh caling this create a no problem with such a big list of stacking up buffs is a big unrealistic dont u think?
    I mean it is a pretty big list as it is.

Perhaps it moght be nicer if someone would know the base %.
    Its not like i have connections to a dark kylin pet.