Bajiquan: Exactly What We Need

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Do you think reworks or RE versions should be implemented?

1. Rework the classics

2. Zin Spike RSEREBFLEABCLP please

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

As the title suggests, this new Bajiquan is exactly what Rumble Fighter needs more of, except they continue to airball the layup... We needed a reworked and improved Pa Kua Kwon (among others), but without the RE part.

How exciting would it be to have YOUR favorite old-school scroll revisited by the devs and reworked?

Now, slap the RE (or SE, BFLE, or R) tag on it. Suddenly, it's a lot less exciting isn't it?
    That's because the RE skills are unfair since they're not universal, and any win you get in a 1v1 with it is not going to feel nearly as rewarding as a result. It doesn't matter if you use the skill or not. You might as well be using a rare. That may not be the case, but deep down, that's how we perceive it whether we admit it or not. We don't need more ghost trails and extra letters at the end of a scroll's name to get us excited about new content. We don't need new content in all honesty. I'd argue that reworked classics are far more enticing. Even if they change one move and just adjust frame data and damage values outside of that, I'd personally be over the moon. But alas, at least IMO, this is another wiff for the Rumble Fighter devs.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  2. Distort

Distort Member

dont see why a few reworks would be out of the question even if it only tweaks the hitstun, speed, damage, range, ect. of the original which would be a great start imo. a lot of the older "forgotten" and mid-low tier scrolls just aren't fun to use anymore especially if you don't know what you're doing, and i think buffing them would be a great quality of life change. not only would that be better for new players but i can see the core base revisiting them. Hot take but Praying Mantis and Kobudo would SLAP if it were made in GC-Redfox era. and if you saw me the other week mowing down rooms with jiu-jitsu like it didnt need a buff no u didnt go away

Crescendo likes this.
  3. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

It doesn't even have to be only the super bottom tiers either. Shoot and BWN could be revisited. Even something ridiculous like ZK. Bash has my favorite combo ever, and it doesn't link outside of a counterhit or straight up not blocking. Not every rework needs to be a buff either. Remember when ztkd and Avenger got single moves added? That was beyond hype.
    Gentleman could get hitman's kg launcher on its groundhit too and I'd flip my table. Vale Tudo hitboxes could just be widened to reflect those of newer scrolls with similar attacks and I'd play standing up naked for 3 days straight. Simple tweaks could EASILY revitalize the interest of the community.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    NeoStrayFox and Distort like this.
  4. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

The NimoniX Developers had years to improve the game steadily and chose not to. Game is progressing no where. Enjoy what it is while it lasts.

Yeezus likes this.
  5. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Fair enough, and trust me I intend to enjoy every second of RF I can until D-Day, but at least in the last 6 or so months we've seen a bit of new content. If they're going to be adding new moves to the old favorites like they just did with PKK, I figure it's worth adding my 2 cents in that RE isn't the way to go. I've paid my dues 100 fold. After over a decade of play and easily 25,000 spent between a few ridiculous accounts, if there's any chance of my voice being heard I'm gonna take it. This is one of, if not my #1 favorite game of all time. I know it seems to be the norm these days to bash this old gem but I just can't help but love it. Sorry, but not sorry for still caring.

6. NeoStrayFox

NeoStrayFox Clean Up Crew

You would think that the developers would be spending time on creating/implenting the scrolls from the ; "Scroll design contest" back in 2016, instead of REmade (which I assume means RE) Pua kua kwon/hakkyokuken/Bajiquan and among other older scrolls, that personally I am excited to see happen, but anyway among the winners of the 2016 contest there was a player named ; @KizunaKen who designed a scroll called ; "Burst" that is pretty much an another/upgraded Pua kua kwon. So, I don't know why the developers wouldn't just put that in the game instead of just Remaking Pua kua kwon. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing other older scrolls being REmade/REworked and Implemented into Rumble Fighter, but just not before the scrolls of the 2016 winter contest.

RagnaXBlade likes this.
  7. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

i'd argue that this game atm doesnt really need new scrolls, like "brand new" scrolls. Nimonix would be better off just trying to upgrade ogp era scrolls to match the meta, it doenst have to be as excessive as the RE scrolls but the easiest thing they can do is unnerf or revert a lot of older scrolls to their original states (i.e buff BWN's blockstun, un f_ckup kingpin as a whole, bring back several scroll's resets)

Crescendo and NeoStrayFox like this.
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

[​IMG]

We went 2 years without an actual update, now we're getting updates again and everyones already griping about petty sh*t

9. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

See, people arent really saying "** NOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY UPDATED THE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". Everyone is bringing up pretty relevant points about how nobody gives a damn about RE scrolls or how there is better priorities. Maybe once you take off your Community Is The Problem For Everything blindfold you might realize this game went downhill and fast. 3rd L of the moment

@Forevolution he slipping

Crescendo likes this.
  10. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Yes. Except you lost me at resets.
    But buff tiger back to release, same for blackout too.

11. TheFuzionBranz

@Deltro

I'd prob add to all that there is a rediculous number of things that can be done. EX scroll gets upgraded abd put in shop like normal and everyones current scroll changes to classic. No rare, no problem, no re. Add classic tab to shop or whatever too.

Buff some scrolls back to original or better. Zintkd R is stupid, but would be perfect without the CZ. Bwn R imo is perfect too. Original one is really good but for a long combo its very slow and messes up alot. Has good stun and mixups but no ground control... needs better edging alternatives like R version.

Idk why we have SE scrolls when they could just be actual updates put in the shop. Who cares if we buy it again, its good ole rf. Either make so that some scrolls can reset, none can, some special type of rule such as 3 hit rule but for resets.

Infact Redstorm can reset with KP and it does not reset the 3 hit rule. Basically the KP arent coded as hits apart of the rule. You can launch>kp>p>kp>p>kp>pppp. However theres an alternative to turn that one into an actual inf lmao.

Tbh idk why shoot doesnt have a 2 hit combo, special ram or something to help it edge faster than KKKK. Or a ground hit.

Rage could use an alternative launcher.

ZinKarate is OP as hell, wouldnt be anymore OP however if it had maybe 1 more hit in main combo. Scrolls do insane dmg now.

Nerf dbringer pls. Stun is stupid.

They made ANOTHEr baguazhang/avenger/etc and all but rlly decided RE/Se/R was the move to make?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Deltro and Crescendo like this.
  12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The f*ck you say? People that arent "old gen" autists love RE scrolls and B button super arts. I know a handful of people that in the last week bought $17 RE scroll packages once I told them where to find them, one of them even reinstalled for it. If anything we need more RE scrolls since theyre obtainable thru f2p means.
    RE/EX/R/BFLE/Another scrolls exist bc maybe there are people out there that wont like the large sweeping changes that you/devs would like to do to these old scrolls that they already purchased. Same reason why WoW Classic is going to be adding Burning Crusade while also opening transfers to Classic only servers; for the players that dont want specific changes.

13. TheFuzionBranz

Talking about wow classic now holy **** @Tengu

See the thing is, on these forum posts... people are talking about exactly what I mentioned, hence me posting it. You really just need to get a life and grow up past the young age mentally you have. " he said this so I wanna say that, crycrycry "

Also, do you feel good about yourself? Making your friends waste 17 bucks lmao. The scrolls are sure fun and all but once again like the people are saying, its just not what RF needs. Another pay to get this whole mechanic.

Only f2p re scrolls are based off of f2p scrolls in shop lmao. Big deal. You can opt out of paying RC for an item thats carats without the upgrade

14. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I honestly don't think we need another version of any scroll whatsoever, all we really need is buffs/nerfs/reworks to existing scrolls and exocores too.

15. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Nobody is griping. I added a poll to discuss, however the consensus is clear; we want patches to existing content and not separate buffed versions that make existing content obsolete.
    Power creep is one of our biggest issues in RF. That's why metatron Exocores are uncontested and destroy entire lobbies.

16. TheFuzionBranz

Bro. Thats the communities fault.

17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The comparison to WoW Classic's current situation couldnt have been more apt. Do you live under a rock or some s***? Should I -only- talk about things happening on RF alone like were isolating in a f***ing fallout vault? Oh wait my bad, I'm not supposed to make references or comparisons to outside media bc "reasons". lmao

I didnt make anyone do anything lmao they acted on their own accord. They could've unlocked it thru BM but idk maybe they have a job. But yeah I feel good, said people are enjoying the f*** out of the game right now bc 2 of them are coming from Tekken7 where Super Arts are the new norm. Just because you dont enjoy something doesnt mean others cant/dont, sorry everything about this game makes you piss yourself. Maybe uninstall? Also what do you even mean "without the upgrade"? You buy the carat version to formula the scroll into the RE version.
    Is power creep why Shoot Boxing and Zin TKD are still A+ tier and few scrolls ever come close to their speed and slim block/hit stun to recovery ratios? Excores are EASY to deal with, just counterplay it i.e. Phantomcore/RabbitCarrot/FrogStaff etc their asses out of the Sword Exo or hit'm with an exo that drains their purple gauge like Dark Power or burn their SP gauge in teams w Aquarius or wakeup trap them with Fire Starter idk there are tons of options tho.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I and many other players love RE scrolls and get hype everytime we see a super art. In fact give us MORE RE scrolls, at least 5 per year. Dont touch my Classic scrolls, I want them just how they are so I can enjoy them as they were. If anything keep putting them in the shop for 41k in advance of their RE version coming out. Minor changes are acceptable (adjusting speeds, hit/block stun, patching resets) but adding several combos should be reserved for REs, BFLEs etc.

19. TheFuzionBranz

Imagine that. You still trying to redeem yourself @Tengu

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  20. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

this is more what i was referring to in terms of ogp scrolls, tbh I actually like that they're making dusty/ lesser bought rc scrolls nobody has bought for years as carat scrolls but all they gotta do is exactly that, minor changes. Makes more sense that way since i've never heard of a situation where nimonix outright added new combos to an already existing scroll as part of an update/balance patch

Tengu likes this.