Stop putting revives on everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lephantis, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

u forgot $ for crit rate lmfao

2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You think you can go into card games and play competitively with your starter deck? Bro cmon I know you got better logic than this. Hobbies cost money, nothing is actually free. If things like that bother you yknows theres a mode called T R U E B A T T L E that defaults everyones stats to be the same (zero), no need to have "player made rules" when the rules players want are already present. It also makes revives cost 300-400HP. Win win.

And as far as the rare/premium scroll argument goes, a majority of RF tournaments are shop scrolls only just like how fighting games with Boss Characters ban them from tournament play.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

You're trying to apply the logic of successful games to this piece of garbage. Something like Tekken where buffs and nerfs are constantly being implemented to maintain balance, or a card game where any unbanned card has a handful of other cards that counter it. Then there's Rumble Fighter, where the only thing that beats some loser's Verm sword is another loser's Verm sword, the likes of which both players spent $100+ to get, in a game that is going nowhere but down and they won't get their money back. Let's all just make blacklists so there's a handful of statted, rare users who never get to play the game at all. Joking, but the fact that this is a valid solution to new generation RF is insane, because this is the only game with running servers where such an idea can actually make it better. Flawed comparisons.

4. TheFuzionBranz

I literatly do not care about card games and infact, Them being in this topic is nothing more than a small comparison.

See now, the whole reason I am posting here is because of this:
    But I'm also here because the thread is about a player is complaining about too many items that grant Revives which is very true, infact revives itself shouldn't be a thing unless its a mode where everyone revives or nobody does.

We can even add, that at some parts the conversation even brought in many other elements of RF into discussion and even its overall problems.

Now this is where I must say you are in denial, go for any arguement post to post and in the long run end up not making any serious points. You are entitled to your own opinion, like anyone else here but you can't compare SSB to RF when saying people can revive, then go on and talk about working to get revives, paying for revives, etc. You might believe RF is some great game because you enjoy it in your own way. You are entitled to all of that. But there is no getting around the fact that this is a poorly made game thats unbalanced and makes no sense on so many levels. Either you personally don't care about revives and thats fine, but you can't act like having a RNG chances or infact just guaranteed chances that not everyone else can get is fair and right.

I understand revives in general, just like SSB, can be a thing and can also be correct. But the thing is, In SSB, you share a different % of HP in every life. Everyone also has the same number of lives as you. To make it even better. Everyone has a fair level of play by not having stats, gacha and stuff that are locked behind paywalls.

Now with other games that have edging in a different way, Pretty much just like RF, I will use SoulCaliber as an example. If you get edged, that round is your Loss once you fall off. But the whole thing is, Thats the way they designed it and thats exactly how it is. But RF took a very stupid route to this and tried to make money off of it. Once everyone had so many wings due to events, boxes, etc, they found a new way to sell revives. Stats on halos, gacha, etc.

The game is either fair to everyone, or to nobody at all. Thats what very well makes a competitive scene. Thats why games like league of legends ditched the old rune pages. Thats why you can't rank without unlocking a minimal level of champions and all of the runes before you can rank just like everyone else. When games have elements that give a unfair advantage, there needs to be reasons to it and a way to make it fair for everybody who plays the game.

So if you take an actual look at the thread and my initial post, my arguements and why I am defending them (Right here)
    Its pretty simple to understand that its basically saying RF is a game that is unfair and that it cannot be compared to literatly every PvP game you mentioned, specially SSB because you can literatly be at a disadvantage by not investing in certains things. RF is a low pop dieing game, a non competitive one, unfair and people should just play it for fun and to relax until it dies. Because thats all it is. People who have no experience at all in RF or little shouldn't even bother with it. It is what it is.

Thanks for really pointing out that you knew I had more logic in me. ;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Except wings ARENT an unfair advantage, both players have access to them FREELY or can choose to wear a back shield which is the stronger of the two. I wasnt comparing RF to just Smash bros, I was comparing RF to EVERY FIGHTING GAME EVER. No non-team fighter uses a 1 life system, its always 2 lives. Soul Calibur's 1 life ring-outs isnt even the only example I can use bc getting knocked off the stage in Tekken and DOA does damage (just like True Battle) and is often a combo starter. Nearly everything youre trying to claim is subjective and can easily be spun right back around on itself. Your League rune page comparison is also not really correctly applied either bc they removed that bc it was breaking certain characters, it had nothing to do with an unfair advantage bc both sides had equal opportunity access to said rune table. RF isnt competitive bc its populated by doomers wearing rose-tinted **** plugs.

6. TheFuzionBranz

Revives are not limited to back items, they can be found on multiple slots, including things like earrings and necklace. You can also manage to have shells and revives. Then, not all revives function in the same way. Some are 100% once, some are 50% multiple times, etc.

Now, I can agree with all that True battle stuff... But really it just doesn't cut it. In Tekken, okay you edge someone and he comes back with less HP just like true battle. But in Tekken, thats the way they made the game to be. Not just a fine-tuned mode for fun. They also don't weight in multiple RNG factors like being able to trade P2W mechanics for crit, build crit, build stats, chance at revives vs 1 revive only, etc. True battle is also pretty really rare to find compared to regular play. True battle isn't the official game style of RF or else it would be applied to stuff like guild war and even be used for actual tournaments. True battle is no more of a flop than precision mode. Face it, because players can get advantages, they won't favor true battle and its none of the players faults. You got to be stupid to invest in something you will not use.

You're once again, like every other thread, Blame the community for RF's unhealthyness. Literatly every game, every big game, has its fair share of hackers, easy access to hacks, ddosers, etc. Every game cannot stop all of them. Every game has show offs, infact some games have Ego maniacs backed up by thousands and thousands of followers and viewers giving them hype lmfao. You can constantly use comparisions to justify whatever you think with RF, but it literatly has so little in common to this game. Everything I been hearing is constant bs. I keep hearing SSB, now TEKKEN, now DOA or whatever; Ok they have single revives or stuff that functions like true battle. You always bring up a single point, from a whole different game. Like okay, once again, Yes tekken has revives like true battle. But outside of that single point. Does Tekken have an official rank mode? Does RF? Can you chose revive over instant kill by using items? Can you match up with a player and not control the fact hes using retarded stats? Wait, Can you have a critical rate?

RF is a sht show. It literatly is. Imagine if 2 players are doing a esports SF5 tournament. Imagine if critical hits was actually a thing (Because you think RF is great and its the players, so crit shouldn't be a wrong thing to have, because its a great made game) and both players do very well have the same crit ratio. So player 1 lands 11hits and wins the game because 8 of them crit. But player 2 had gotten player 1's HP very low and didn't land any. What a skillful showcase that is.

RF has no competition because theres no competitive foundation to support it. Its a RNG shtshow. It has no official rank content and everything is nothing mode than player founded opinions on other players. Even if Redfox held an official tournament, its meaningless. You don't even have to grind points and have a elo to gain access to it. Infact, the last one we had players could just steal coins from randoms and avoid fighting pros to get into the final battles.

^^Of course its the players, not the game.

;Also for league, Rank mode very well ment draft picks. It is very costy to have multiple rune pages and runes. There are 5 lanes to fill, none guaranteed. You also need a minimal number of champions. No way can everyone cover every optimal thing, for anyone, in any situation, as it is with the current system. For whatever other reasons they did make the change, the good that comes out of it is very clear.

7. Rigamortis

Rigamortis Well-Known Member

My favorite part of RF is the drama-filled controversial debates.

8. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Tengu sucking up again??? Damn

9. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Few weeks ago, Tengu was crying for not being given a free scroll he "created" pretty much acted like the people he critcized on the forumns everyday LOL! Now he back to sucking em up! Tengu > Teanna Trump

10. TheFuzionBranz

I mean, for me I can't really put out one main reason. Its just so many things wrong with this game.

I don't care much about P2W factors, unless they are very impactful with the game. At first in RF, a all out STR set was like 40-45str max and you would have reduced armor and speed with best available gear. Not to mention, enchanting was carats, gems money, clothes money, most accessories carats. At the end of all that, you do like 100 damage more per combo or like maybe 180 out of a juggle. Even when double slots first came out, the STR gap didnt change insanely at first. But now there is just so much stupidity its insane.

No FIGHTING game should have a critical system. I already had a hard time accepting that stats were a thing but then we got boss mode, some team stuff, some diversity, building spd and jmp for demo and all that, okay sure. Make your own style I guess. But now its literatly out of control. No fighting game should have a clusterf*ck of RNG possibilities. P2W mechanics aka rebirth. Game is dead as hell, Can't even get things straight. Air grab is bannable glitch blablabla, now its allowed cause it cant be fixed. People still randomly glitch out of jumps but can get combo'd and cant do anything about it. A PAID second panic... lmfao. 0 balancing anywhere.

This game literatly costs nothing to host. Its p2p and the players are doing most of it lmao. The server itself, is a game platform using the same engine since like 2002. A Pentium 4 with a onboard graphics card could host it.

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

LOL Incorrect within the first paragraph my dude. If you have a back shield it disables Head / Halo Revs. Thats not even new. Also there being 100% 1 time wings and 50% multiple chance wings is a non-issue, its risk / reward. Wings are still objectively the weaker choice for a good player, theyre only good if youre bad whereas backshield is better in the hands of good players who can use it to tilt the rock-paper-scissors balance of RF by waking up backwards and thus immune to like 90% of scrolls grabs.

Your second paragraph is also kinda contradictory. You complain about an issue but then dismiss the best solution to it. If you dislike people paying for Stat Gems that much and you aren't willing to act on the provided solution to that (True Battle) then idk what to tell you chief. You also speak as if True Battle is inherently unable to be played at a competitive level bc its "not the official game type of RF" like such a thing exists; players just choose not to because they are ALL relying on the stat handicap they complain about just like they rely on lucky rams / edging to win matches against players they could never HP. Yknow what part of RF isnt an RNG / stat sht show? True Battle. Funny how its not popular despite everything it is being in popular demand.

Critical hits has been a thing in fighting games. Too young to have played Street Fighter 2? Its still respected in the FGC and even got a remake / update on the Switch. Too old? How about Melty Blood which all of their games have random crits. How about specific characters like Shingo Yabuki and Dan Hibiki who have random crits built into their characters? Also the vast majority of fighting games apply auto-crits to counter hits, RF just doesnt have a good internal judge to determine whats a counter hit probably so random crits are acceptable.

Is having to grind ELO even a good thing for tournament entry requirements when the signup doesnt even go above 30 people? Does the game not have ranking medals for GW? That coin tournament was like 4-5 tournaments back and was a one/two of a kind thing, not the norm like youre trying to judge it as.

You hear me compare RF to all these games bc RF doesnt exist in a vacuum just like non-RF FGC players dont exist in a vacuum. I blame the community because they all do what you are more or less doing; complaining about a self perpetuated / player perpetuated issue while ignoring already present solutions bc "reasons" while also throwing shade at the game trying to say that it's the game's fault players are too autistic to play more than 1 stage/mode for 10 hours straight every time they log in.

Also the f*** you say? [CA]Goff had 80-90 STR back in 2008. Not just STR has scaled, max defense has scaled up too and theres now even an avalon that has a % chance of ignoring 100% of damage just like crits have a % chance to increase damage. Of course all of this doesnt exist in True Battle, yknow, that game mode that doesnt actually exist bc "reasons".

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You really are a whole ass retard arent you? Can you not read or are you intentionally ignoring me saying True Battle requires no money and is everything players claim they want? Dont reinstall, we dont need more dumbasses like you here. Like if you dont even play why are you still on the forums? Go get therapy. lmfao
    [​IMG]
    Nice false comparison, way to flex that total lack of moral / intellectual integrity. Sorry Im not a CUCK like you and accept when authority wants to give you a s*** sandwich while awarding a player in IDENTICAL circumstances. If that s*** happened to you and you didnt say s*** youre a cuck. That or you just have never done a thing in your life that was artistic or that you've had pride in but based on your forum interactions you seem like an talentless bum ass incel f*** up so that wouldnt surprise me. Please see the image above then go get therapy too bc yo ass needs it.

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

i HaTe StAtS aNd ReViVeS wHy WoNt ThEy LeT mE dIsAbLe ThEm

-True Battle exists-

bUt I cAnT uSe My StAts AnD aVaLoN tHeRe ItS nOt A rEaL mOdE wAaAaH

14. TheFuzionBranz

??? Shells are super easy to break and wont come back. Unless you use the none stat version milk bottle which is okay. However, now so many scrolls share the same stances, recycled hits and can have omni grabs/run z hits. Wings are the BETTER choice for BETTER PLAYERS. In a broken game with tricks like R-Breaking, i-frames that you can prolongue outside of the move/cancle i-frane direclt into another one, use side guard, use anti hitstun guard movement, etc, shells are obviously not the BETTER CHOICE.

How do I dismiss the best solution to it? By playing it? Right now, 4:10PM EST. There is currently 3 pages of rooms. None of them are true battle. By making a true battle room which is heavily unpopular, because its an alternative mode not the actual original RF experience, etc; it is less popular too. I really have been saying it all along. Having these stupid RNG factors are the whole issue in this game. Making a side mode won't change it. We already have underground moon rooms of top tier players who just play private, statless and no exos. Same goes for 1v1 rooms lmao.

You really think so deeply the problem with RF is the community, but Nimonix enables all of these behaviors. The game isn't a competitive fighting game. Its a fighting game ment to be played for fun lmfao. It shouldn't have most of these stupid things added. Players who have stuff will use them. Players who don't have much, probably are new and won't play much longer. :)

Wonder why Street fighter has been using 5 for the longest of times.

Now you're also going off to a whole other subject. Something determined to crit or an actual mechanic allowing you to crit from using that mechanic which is guaranteed is alot different than RF. I can't imagine watching 2 finalists in Tekken fight just to see the one with winning potential get outlanded in crits and barely lose. Crit in fighting games. Good thing you had to mention a game from the early 90s to defend that point.

Well of course the game is dead NOW. But it never used it when it was alive?
    Also that tournament, one two time thing; was also one of the only actual tournaments we got implemented with an actual system outside of the fighter admission 1v1 streak thing, which was also a sht show cause of how RF was broken.

Any product consumor is entitled to giving a review, feedback, opinions, etc. Also, A bad review or a mediocre one doesn't mean you won't use the product at all. The game is obviously flawed. You're blaming the community, but the community is all thats left of players on this game. Everyone in this game can agree (besides you) that RF is poorly made, poorly managed and is literatly sh-t, fun sh-t none the less sometimes.

Also, Players should play what they want to. Being a good moonlight player doesn't translate exactly into being a good 1v1er, good demoer, good guild war/team/glacier player. Being a GOOD PLAYER can, but not everyone gets good at the same pace and at the same things as another player. The skillgap in this game is large enough that players could just stick to 1 thing and try to improve on it. Some players are motivated by wanting to be good at something anyways. All good players mostly stick to private rooms anyways and just invite other known players to make it enjoyable. Its really better that way cause you can enjoy your room. You just got to be good enough to get invited.

See, I really don't care about the specific timeline. I played in 2007 and up. When the main stat set was 1 slot guardian set, +5 gems was cap, lead gloves, hockey mask, odin amulet, random shoes unless you got slippers/soccer shoes from mystery box 30 days. You would lose SPD, ARM and average out in the 40s on STR.

ARM got nerfed to ****. You can get 200ARM now and it would **** compared to STR because of its nerf. As mentioned, STR and ARM use to be +1 or -1 damage. Now ARM functions as a % stat. The more ARM you have, the less it is effective. You just need a sweet spot. Also, Avalons pretty ****. Double crit and damage ignore avalons also ****. Talk about another RNG factor (useless one too).

You can keep talking about True battle mode, as long as it stays a side option it like it currently is it wont be used much. Keep blaming the community but we all know who can fix it.

I mean, he can reinstall, he can forum, he can do what he wants. Many players here are really just part timers who don't care and play for fun. They just laugh at what direction this game is taking, at how nimonix dumps time into this game, etc. At the end of the day, True Battle is not popular. Players who want to have a true battle experience, will just go private rooms with like 30- stats lol. If that room isn't locked, guaranteed spots will be saved lol.

Another 2 cents, If I were to play the community card like you do on every thread; I would link it to this very quote. This is a real way to come out looking like a douche. This is the type of person that most players wouldn't want to encounter in-game. I don't mind playing with people who actually play but call out nimonix on the wrongs they do. But playing with players that can come out with this attitude is something else.

An actual community problem we have, Is people cannot take L's and bring it out of porportion. Players take a L in game, they ddos or Players take a L in game and they act as if it never happened, no match history, no proof, can make any excuses, keep the beef going. Same thing happens on the forums. Almost every RF debate finishes cause one person lets go and stops caring. Never have a seen you actually say "You know what, that part of the game is broken". You always argue on countless topics that "ItS Da C0muNiTy" and not the game. You're like the only person in the entire world that believes it and defends it without rest. You're not a superior being to everyone on else on this forum. You probably aren't the one with the highest IQ. You DEFINITELY among the top RF players. You go to countless to examples, you compare RF to everything, you bring up so many expressions, its just so much sauce for what it really is. The problem is RF. Everything can point back to RF. I'm sorry but when you had to bring up a game from 1991 to compare it to the the Crit aspect of the failure game Rumble Fighter it just made me see how desperate you hold onto your beleifs for RF. I can agree the community ain't great but its what we are left with. Its the outcome of Nimonix and the hosts.

Yeezus likes this.
  15. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Tengu is the bedwench of the RF community LOL

16. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

Ayo Tengu you good?

17. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

and the lesson we should learn ladies and gentlemen is never get into forum arguments for a game like rf. Nobody wins; one person just stops caring

Yeezus and Draygashi like this.
  18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Yee, been in South padre for Spring Break

@TheFuzionBranz Wings dont exist if you dont get edged; Fact. Backshield slants the rock paper scissors balance of attack-block/counter-grab even if they have an omni-grab scroll; Fact. This isnt my opinion; this is me TELLING you. Youre welcome to have an opinion on this but thats all it will be; an opinion.

The FGC hates SF5. Literally every hardcore player Ive interacted with would rather play ANY other Street Fighter before 5. Dont know why you arbitrarily brought this up but I may as well clear that up. Oh and no Im not "referencing a game from the early 90s" unless youre outright IGNORING ALL BUT ONE game I brought up. Even see you doubled down on your VERY poor strawman attempt at the end. Embarrassing.
    EDIT: Street Fighter 2 got a new edition in 2017. So yeah, about that "early 90s" dismissal...
    EDIT2: I totally forgot about Smash Ultimate LOL Hero has random crits and he was released in 2019. Do you even play other fighting games?

Talk about how poorly made RF is all day but people to this day are still finding new glitches and tech in Alpha 3, 3rd Strike and many other aging fighting games. No game is perfect, only a fool expects such.

You keep saying "true battle isnt popular" like its an actual argument. About that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Ive never once said RF is perfect, thats just what you want to think I'm saying so you can get tilted that I'm not bashing the game like the rest of the tools, when in reality all I've ever said was no game is perfect and we shouldn't hold RF to an unrealistic standard no other game has ever met.

EDIT4: In regard to your comment of RF requiring player-made rules, I give to you; Pet Shop is banned in Jojos tournaments, infinites are banned in Jojos, items are banned in Smash. Evil Ryu is banned in Alpha 2. All of these are player made rules. I could go on but I'd be here awhile.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  19. TheFuzionBranz

Wings do exist, regardless of being edged or not. Its an equippable item just like shells. Shells really do have little impact on the game compared to wings. Anything outside of cheesing r break is pretty useless.

I'm past a point where I care about gaming as I once use to. I'm done keeping up with tons of games. Infact even playing multiple. I rather just play something I can enjoy and start up quickly. You might have noticed that I literatly do not give a damn about most of these games you are talking about. In the end they all arent RF, simply outside elements you keep bring up, that dont impact any reasoning with RF.

The youtubers of Rumble Fighter actually put in alot of time to try and dig deep into the glitches and tricks possible in this game. Infact nimonix was even reaching out to players pre redfox with information. Sadly theres not much more to find and if there is, most of the people got burnt out trying. Rf isnt lacking any player investments in this department.

The FACT IS, true battle is a dead mode. My take of if? Sure an opinion. Better pat yourseld on the back with that wiki link. Causw in the end, you will just find randoms and waste alot of time just to get any room going lmao. Go ahead and have fun in precision mode and tell me I'm wrong about all of these "super intresting alternatives" for people who want more quality play.

This game is helpless and only Nimonix can save it. Its not the communities fault. Its not about other games being broken. Its not about you thinking RF is perfect or broken. You are comparing apples and oranges. Because other games make mistakes, implement stuff in a way, doesnt justify how RF does it.

You really just take any arguement and say "well they have something like that" "they do player made rules" "etc etc etc"

RF isnt even apart of any Fighting communities and its clear as water why except to you. Go work on getting your cries for Tyrant heard.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Crescendo and Yeezus like this.
  20. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Gg in the chat bois.
    There is a lot of great forgotten content at our disposal though, for what it's worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.