The Dark Kylin Pet Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cytrix, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

@RF Team

There's a serious balance problem going on in Yin caused by the existence of the dark kylin pet.

There exist 2 Dark Kylin Pets in the server and both are in black side's hands (at this point there might exist even more since they completely dominate kylin boss in Kunlun). Since they also dominate the kylin boss they possess all the +50% create epis in the market. Meaning they have overall 150% better craft chance than white side.
    Now combined with the current +50% create New Year Event, it's only a matter of time until they have KL10 relics and the new clothe sets. While white side is being left out without any chance to catch up.
    Black side aswell is producing one LL Epi after the other (they share the pet with each other due to KL boss mats being not tradable) while white side struggles for years to get their hands on a LL Epi.

Why is this bad?

If this contineous the small amount of PVP that's left in Yin will soon vanish completely. I'm basically the only white side player that can stand up to black side and produce some interesting pvp matches that's mainly due the enormous amount of money I put into this game. I've been trying to restore balance by gifting UTs and guardian materials, raw materials etc to white side but at the rate the black side craft advantage is going now it's gotten impossible to catch up and seriously I'm starting to see no point to further continue my journey here. What happens when I leave was perfectly shown Nov-Dez when I quit gaming and deleted the game and many black side players got borred and even did or considered started to play other games instead.

Now how can we solve this problem?

The rates for obtaining a dark kylin pet upon registering a rank 5 or a updating a lvl 4 pet are currently at arround 1.5%. Considering how low the chances are to get a shard 5 by blue box or white dragon box is it will take years and years and several 10k of money to get a dark kylin pet.
    Kylin boss is no option either as it's completely dominated by black side.

And I know black side haters will soon comment here about how I'm crying and balblabla but I don't care. In my eyes this is a problem affecting the whole server and a solution needs to be found to make dark kylin more accessible to everyone.

2. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

Yes! There is a serious imbalance ingame on Yin but it isn't with the the dark kylin pet/create pet. Its with Strom vs Strom(SvS). Why? Cause white clan get like 80% or 100% of the pillar and with that they get billions of gold weekly. As in the real world cash is king so is In the 9dragon world gold is king. ;)

3. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Let's keep the topic clean. Jokes can be posted in Off-Topic section.

4. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

From your description I just have the feeling your organization/management should get better otherwise you are just asking for the effort (and luck) of others to be reduced just cause you do not have a solution for it.

Also I don't know if black vs white is really a concern as that would mean that the ideals that one side always work for the good of their side only is unrealistic in this game.

Dragy, Perfection and kaix96 like this.
  5. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Has not much to do with organziation. We're doing the optimum we can. This version of 9D heavily relies on money. And just so happens that all the p2w players have gathered on the black side. How do you want to manage anything in this situation? Besides Black side isn't interested in selling their things to white side. I am all for working together but clearly they want to keep the monopoly and make sure white side never catches up. I've offered crazy prices for their create epis that they got from KL boss and also offered everything I had for dark kylin pet. Literally the guy who has it could've gone to PVP Player Nr.1 over night by just selling me his dark kylin. But there is no interest in selling. The "organization" argument is therefore a fallacy.

6. FuriaAlba

Depending on the point of view of how organization is a fallacy in this situation. If you view the problem that you cannot fix by throwing money at it then yes, it could be considered as such.

As I mentioned the black vs white situation would imply that your "oponents" would actively try to help most black side players and try to over run the white side players, while I don't know the actual situation in Yin, from the most recent history of this game I have never seen such a thing done besides a casual one/two week extent. But then again it does not really matter on the discussion at hand if it really is a black vs white thing.

You can obtain dark kylin pet from hainan points, granted it's not easy to do so unless you have a one chest opened and get what you want luck but it is an option. If you have people that have this objective in mind then it can be done, after all you can share the pet as black side does to get the benefit from it which means you have a form of organization based on the game mechanics and not outside of it (item mall).

For the create epi, while it would be convinient to have it as you mentioned, the loss of not having it just means an extra expense of some materials in question, given that you are all about spending this shouldn't really be that much of a problem I suppose.

For LL epi, I don't see any justification why you would bring it up, there is nothing stoping you or anyone else from doing the dungeon and getting it from the boss, this again just brings the idea in mind that "black side" players are puting the effort into getting them and you want to dimish it for your own gains.

As I don't care about your situation on Yin as I don't play there, not that I would care to much about Tao either way you are pretty much complaining that x number of people are doing a collective activity to be powerfull and actually managing to achieve this and because you cannot match it there needs to be something done about it. From the arguments you have mentioned there is no details that highlights the situation otherwise.

7. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I'll start off first with your conclusion. You're assuming that this is a personal matter but then you haven't really understood and read my original post. Go back to my statement where I answer the question "Why is this a problem".

This problem the way I see it will soon cause Yin to be dead. This may sound selfish and over confident but I'm one of the main reasons why PVP exists in yin. If i'm not there there is no real PVP, unless you call one-hitting random lowbies PVP.

Again I pointed out that I got messages from black side people saying they're so bored by tha fact that I'm not playing that they left the game and started playing other games.

So this is not about me only, but rather about Yin and its future.

Overall you are forgetting the time parameter in all of your arguments. I am perfectly aware that you could get anything by farming. The problem is If we'd go by your argument we'd be farming until the end of RF in HN to end up with nothing else than the server eventually closing - and this is not exagarated it's a realsitic assumption. So the time parameter is the important part here and it should be taken heaveily in consideration in order to form an argument. Technically you can also be killing foxes in clan base and farm gold until you get a qauadrillion gold, is it realistic though? Since you're not from yin and you don't know the situation it's kind of out of place to assume things. Yin is a small community. My leauge is the only white side league actively participating in PVP. Meaning if they fight my league, they fight the whole white side because there is non left in regards of PVP. As I said black side won't cooperate in regards of the monopoly they have. As of LL Epi it might be a small thing for you in Tao. But until few weeks ago there existed basically 1-2 LL Epis in the whole server. In fact a black side dude had LL Epi for like a year or so dominating PVP all by himself. Now it has become more common as more players joined but still it is a big difference considering one side can create almost 3 epis while the other side can make 1. Again by your argument we'd have to farm Epis past RF's existence in order to have enough to keep an even match.

8. Dragy

Dragy Active Member

and u told me im who always cry and u never did it haha so fun

Sirme likes this.
  9. FuriaAlba

You are mentioning it's not your personal problem and after you mention that only your own white side league exists in Yin, that pretty much makes it just your personal problem. Nontheless it does not matter if it is or not a single individual or small group problem.

What do you expect from a game that is based on the fact that a player will farm for items ingame or spend money gambling in item mall? Those are the only 2 options regardless if you just want pve or pvp, the only scope of doing either is to have fun playing this game.

You mention time as a factor, I mean do you believe your black side competitors have unlimited time? Or if they decide to spend said time to get an advantage over people that should be taken away from them?

My arguments are that others have done so in a time frame you say is unresonable for you. If the epi was so crucial for 1 year, what stoped anyone to farm the same dungeon the dude did to get the same item? It's not time limited, nothing has changed for the worse what would be the excuse?

You keep mentioning pvp as the game has some special reward from pvp, I am pretty sure you are aware that killing a player grants no other benefit besides getting karma points and the fact that he wont be there for at most a couple of seconds of gameplay, do not assume people inherently play this game to pvp, there's people on both servers that would care less if pvp gets disabled on every map (actually I think the vast majority would enjoy such a thing).

As an ending note to this post I would recommend if you see a problem to give some better details as why it would be a general problem and not a local problem (Yin server, your league vs other league), time is a factor for everyone and your oponents have taken advantage of it fully by the looks of it.

10. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

For this comment I already made my statement in the original post, but I'll quote it here again for upcoming commenters to see as I won't further go into answering those:
    @FuriaAlba So according to your perspective it's a personal matter and this is about me, yet you claim to not have any clue about the situation in yin. Thanks for sharing your input but I'd say you're not qualified to answer on matters that are happening in Yin and neither does it provide any constructive solution to the problem. You basically just argumented for the sake of argumenting, without having the base or knowledge to answer to this topic.

Anyways I did not create this topic to pursure arguments with people because as everyone knows such a thing is not possible within a 9D Community. The purpose of this topic is to raise awarness of the Dark Kylin Pet problematic and hoping that RF might take this into consideration for future events. Chances are low this will happen, but I as a core player of Yin I belive have the right to make this claim and to point out the problem especially considering I have fun playing this version of 9D and I want to continue playing.

11. FuriaAlba

My arguments are based on what you have wrote, if you don't see it that way it's your problem.

I don't care if you think I am qualified or not to discuss about this, that is not my concern, this is a forum and people don't always agree with you, if you cannot accept that reality then you should send a ticket to support.

12. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Ticket is already done. This topic is just to put the awarness out there. Thx.

13. FirePants

FirePants New Member

This brings back memories!

You do have a point and it is a problem that is affecting the whole server and I also agree that
    the situation is unfair and should be managed somehow....
    I am not sure if you were playing back then but, in Acclaim time we had this issue all the time in The Cave of Conqueror. Certain people/leagues held monopoly over defense boss and General Wei.
    Back there there was way to fix this issue because "it's a pvp server" and everyone it's free to do what they want.

Sadly I don't think this issue can ever be solved.

Cytrix likes this.
  14. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

That's where you're wrong. Your arguments are based on your assumptions about what is happening in yin and not based on my post.

Besides I requested closure of the topic. I hope other people will folllow my lead and open tickets regarding this issue. Eventhough chances are low there is still a chance this might be considered for future events.

15. Malala

Malala New Member

16. PewPewMeDIe

Im so offended on how you think what I said is a joke and should be posted in off-topic section. What I said seem valid. Just because it already benefited white side its a joke? Very nice. Doesnt seem you wanna play fair at all then and what all of @FuriaAlba said seem to true then. Only want white side to benefit it the most.

In regard to the person who have the LLD epi for the longest time. It isn't his fault. I believe someone from your league sold it to him when he could of use it himself.

PS: im no core player in yin server. Just a little fish seeing everything that is happening.

17. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

There is no monopoly in SvS and never was. There is only lack of interest by the mighty black side people to even participate for the "few cents" you can earn there. So this argument makes no sense and is falsifying the situation in Yin. If black side wanted they could have 10 pillars for the rest of RFs existence but they don't see the gold earned there worth the effort

18. PewPewMeDIe

Who ever said black side isn't interested in SvS. There are time when Black side do show up but in the end only end up with 2-3 pillars. With that result that could be why they hardly participate. So that is like monopoly itself.

What you said can be the same for white side too. There is a lack of interest for them to dominate the server hence they cant take kylin for themselves.

As I said gold is king. Everything have a price. Svs give free billion of gold weekly with no effort.

19. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Can you stop lying please?
    I have discord messages of certain OP Players from black side saying SvS is for noobs and not interesting.
    This is getting pathetic, now using lies to point away from the actual problem. OP Players of black side have no interest in SvS and I have messages black and white undermining it. That being said stop the lies and if you have something to say then stick on the topic.

20. FuriaAlba

My arguments come from what you said is happening on Yin, assumptions on what you said after all, I did not say they are false information unless you just want to play misleading game, I have no problem with it if that would be the case.

Let me remind you that you said that only your white side league is in this fight, that information is from you. Granted in a low pop server that is a high %.

You mentioned 2 methods to try get dark kylin pet, I added a 3rd, none of them are in your liking in the respective situation (not that I said they are great/fun methods to obtain said item).

You can wait for other people to share their opinion, but requesting a lock for the topic just means you don't care about it, inevitably that would go to the idea that it's your local problem.

Also I never said I would not agree with having the pet more accessible to everyone, somehow I think you assume I do. However I don't see it as the reason people don't want to pvp (main focus of the topic isn't it?), even if everyone receives the pet on every char the situation would barelly change because the number of people gambling on getting level 8, 9 or 10 Kunlun relics (one of the highlights of your posts) is very low on both servers and very few would bother farming the bosses when blue boxes and the new white tiger boxes give an easy level 6 without having to play the game to get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.