Black Friday Holiday Sale

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Nov 25, 2020.

1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

NineD_Banner800x450_BlackF_1116.jpg

Thanksgiving and Black Friday are right around the corner, and we've got some great deals for you! Read on for the full details of this special, limited-time sale!

Sale Duration: November 25, 2020 - December 7, 2020, 6:00 PM PST

Blue Dragon's Treasure Box
    Contains a random selection of consumables and convenient, including a chance for Ultimate Tablet, Black Dragon Jade, Sleeping Dragon Jade, Kunlun Accessory Chest (Lv6), and more!
    • (30%Off) Blue Dragons Treasure Box (30+9)
    • (30%Off) Blue Dragons Treasure Box(15+4)

Illusive Branches
    Summon monsters using the Illusive Branch for a chance to earn some powerful rewards!
    • (20% Off) Illusive Branch
    • (20% Off) Illusive Branch (10+1)

Honor Student (10)
    Train faster with a 900% increase in Kung Fu experience points for 1hour.
    • Applied up to Kung Fu level of Cheng 12.
    • Generalmultiplies by 10.
      • Properties: Can Trade, Cannot Sell, Can Store, Cannot Discard

Faded Bag of Yellow Dragon Set (M/F, 30 Days)
    Need more space? Want to collect more items? This limited bags with stats are available for one month in the marketplace! So grab them quick! (Unopened Box is tradable)

upload_2020-11-25_16-56-12.png

Refinement Box
    In need of upgrade mats? Now is the best time to grab these! Be sure to stock up on these boxes before it's gone! Click here to see box content.
    • Refinement Box (15+4)
    • Refinement Box (5+1)
    • Refinement Box (1)

Dragon Scales (10) + Green Dragon Orb

Save 25% Off Dragon Scales (10)! Plus, get your FREE Green Dragon Orb!
    • Dragon Scale (10) + Green Dragon Orb
      • Properties: Dragon Scales (Can Trade) / Green Dragon Orb (Cannot Trade)

Check out these deals in the "Event/Sale" Section of the in-game RedFox Games Marketplace!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    MarjonD and naycho like this.
  2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Any discount for purchasing credits? Not everyone wants to gamble on something but might like to buy credits cheaper so they can save on something like premium.
    Others would prefer to get cheaper credits to buy 90 day bags with no stats so they can have bags for 3x as long

BloodySpear and Alys2 like this.
  3. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

Can we get a confirmation that the drop rate for BD boxes have not changed and did not change due to the sale. Please and thank you!

Ozbud likes this.
  4. BloodySpear

BloodySpear Active Member

I agree.

Sadly I won’t spend a dime on this event. If they had done a discount on credits I would have.

5. [GM]Ahri

As far as I know, there are no discounts on RC.

6. [GM]Ahri

7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Aren’t Black Friday sales meant to save people money? Not spend the same amount of money and just get more for it?

disciple12 likes this.
  8. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Or in case if the blue boxes get a whole heap more useless KGs and EMs

9. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Once again the sales strategy will fail due to the following problems :

1. Blue Dragon's Treasure Box is gamble system. As it has already been written, the rates for obtaining the items are not transparent and most of the time you end up spending thousands of euros and not getting anything to help you evolve in the game.

The gamble system has begun to be erased out in the West, especially as legislation has been implemented in many states. These sales will target new players who are few, because the old ones have already bought this system and were not satisfied with the results, that is, they threw away the money in vain. Also, a 30% discount is a little, because you will have to open at least a few hundred boxes to receive something decent.

2. Illusive Branches gamble system. It is the same as blue boxes system, but only introducing some bosses in game.
    You need a high drop rate and event to be able to get something decent, but again the item rates are not transparent and you receive less than what you bargained for.

3. Honor Student is again a target sale for new players because the old ones already have skilled maxime so will not impact them in any way.

4. Faded Bag of Yellow Dragon Set (M / F, 30 Days). This is a temporary item. 30 days to farm in 9Dragons, a farming game by definition who has is a short time. There are too many collectibles you don't need and you are forced to buy the IM bags from start or go after the KL permanent ones at high levels.

5.Refinement Box. Refinement is another gamble system in 9dragons, you need a lot of those to make a decent refinement weapon. Let's remember Exiled post on how much he failed to make a weapon +18 and how much he spend it.

So, all RF strategy of sale this time is based on gambling system not actually something stable. Also, if you look on US Black Friday sales and in other games the discounts are more 40-80% off and new items (Google type : The best MMO sales and events of Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2020). Also there is no giving away something free if you buy some offers like a KL deco to be motivated to buy something.

Actually you would sell a lot with volume and margins if you discount :
    - COINS/CREDITS and make a MEMBERSHIP CARD with discounts at high quantities of coins/credits purchases;
    - ALL MARKET PLACE ITEMS, discounts from 20-80%;
    - INTRODUCE SPECIAL Black Friday packs like all the sellers do;
    - INTRODUCE NEW ITEMS in market place.

Your sale strategy is same as was last year and the year before and so on. Nothing new.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  10. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Why you only mention the worst example?
    I got my weapon +17 within the first 2 mirrors and got +18 on the first try :) (Scanor can say if that is true, eheh).

So, I think in the end the probability is just a Gaussian distribution where what matters is the number of times you try to refine. You might be lucky and fall into the success zone. Just like flipping a coin.. the more you flip the coin, the more you get closer to a 50% probability of flipping the crown :)

BobThePriest likes this.
  11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Because that is uploaded example on forum with screens and facts IN REAL TIME. Your story is not know, it was not uploaded at all and nobody knew it. Exiled went public to say it and show in real time his reff method and how many tries he need it to refine it and how much $ he spend it. Also Exiled in that experience highlight another fact not know by many : THE NEW WEAPONS are hard to REFF in comparation with the old ones.

12. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

What do you mean by real-time? Is there any way to play the game besides real-time?

Well, I can do a story just like Exiled. I was curious to see what you mentioned, but he (just like me) said something in the forum (http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/refinement-for-new-weapons.49173/ and http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/flying-white.49360/#post-476879).

Here is kpzini story: Once upon a time, a dragon belonging to the Heavenly Demon community decided to make the so majestic Flying White Dragon Gloves with the help of the rarest item in the game, yes, the Ultimate Tablet. Time has passed by and this dragon, kpzini, decided to try his luck and call the gods to make his weapon stronger. Therefore, he went to the master refiner and simply gave his gloves and the material needed to refine the weapon until +15. Luckily, kpzini had few divine tender stones which made his life easier. Then, it came the time to refine them to +16. The gloves were full hardness and he managed to refine them to +16 at the 7th try. "Wow" - he screamed. In addition, there is an in-game quest that gives you an ancient mirror, which resets the weapon and makes it possible to increase the hardness again. Sadly, the weapon didn't go to +17 on that mirror and kpzini was very sad - sad moments. Luckily, there was an on-going event selling refinement materials. He was lucky and he got another ancient mirror and few azure refinement pots. Hence, and full of will, he decided to try his luck once again. He made the weapon full hardness again and went straight ahead to the master refiner to try his luck. One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... OHHH he made it +17 and the sixth try! He was so happy that he even woke up his brother in arms to show him what happened. So, one hardness was remaining in the weapon and one azure refinement pot was also left in the inventory. kpzini said: "Let's do it!". And he went with confidence to the master refiner and tried his last chance to refine his weapon to +18. WHAT? HE MADE IT AT THE FIRST TRY!!!! Here it goes, the divine gloves:
    upload_2020-11-27_11-19-0.png

As far as I know, is not much different from what I said. You are turning this topic only to pass negativity and not adding any constructive criticism to RF.

What method do you talk about? It is all pure luck. Stop saying that you know the divine method to refine weapons to +18. There isn't any method. You don't need to play 9Dragons since day 0 of acclaim to understand that.

13. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Meaning when he refined it and when the new weapon came on, not after at x months. Exiled story reach many in the community because he was one of the big spender in this community, more he plays the game from Acclaim time and he knows what he is telling. Also I think from your post you have no idea what I talk about when I pointed the new weapon reff. The reff method is also stated in 9d calc made by a community member, but what Exiled pointed out that with new weapons are harder to reff after certain level.

Regarding the negativity, it was always around here and always will be and has nothing to do with me or you, but his roots are on the actions or inactions of RF.

I will not going to add more on this subject, but REFF is a lottery with many uncertainties and you have to point out a SCIENTIFIC method to prove me wrong, meaning to make transparent rates on each level of reff and at each in game used item and how many attempts a player has to make to reff his weapon to +18. You can't because is different for each player and that is a fact. You can't come to say to a player that if he buys x numbers of REFF packets he can reff with no problem his weapon +18. It is a gamble and that is the MAIN point.

14. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Very wrong, I've already refed 2x fwd (bracer+gloves) to +18 and used 2-3 mirrors each. Where as I did like over 10 mirrors before on repel bracers and got only to +17 lel. Also now failed 5 mirrors on fwd pole. So tbh it's all just luck and has nothing to do with the weapon itself.

15. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Real time is this now : When the new jade weapon (blue) will be implemented in game you get it and try reff from 0 to +18 and post in real time your result in forum. Storm Weapon now is consider old same with repel and all the rest. My question to you is this : how many REFF packs a players needs to buy to reff his STORM weapon +18 ?

16. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Game evolves.
    Why you pick STORM weapons?
    You could have picked the training weapons that you receive when you start a new toon.

You live too much in the past. We need to change the future with criticism, not the past. What is done is done.

17. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Because what Exiled proved was when the new weapon was implemented in game. That was the point and the discovery of that topic. A harder reff is linked when a new weapon is introduced to game. Yes I agree the game must evolve, but we also have a duty to point what is not working and what has to be improved. This how you evolve and progress.

18. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

The lottery doesn't get harder to win if the prize pool increases.
    It is the same probability in all cases.

Probability.

19. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I would argue and debate in the condition that all rates are TRANSPARENT. Gambling sales will be history in the next years, so RF should look into the future not be stuck into the past with this type of sales. This is the criticism.

20. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

The ref rates at least, are transparent just look into the files.

renatokpz likes this.