Missing the Ball

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptar, Oct 31, 2020.

?

BR?

1. Yassss

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Still yes, but no

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I don’t even care at this point, but yes.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Reptar

Reptar Member

ROYALE RUMBLE or RFBR for short, could have been the name of their Battle Royale game mode.

HERE IS MY SUGGESTION:

You enter the game with whatever set you want, but stat bonuses are nullified to base stats of your class. In other words, sets are all cosmetic in this gamemode.

It would be a full side scrolling map that encompasses all of the different multiplayer maps throughout the game, plus maybe some boss mode stages (because some of them are cool).

As opposed to jumping from a flying (insert whatever), you choose your starting location. Either Moonlight Valley, Zen Temple, Blacktop, etc.

Here is where we can get creative. We could either find carats in chests, and eliminated players, and award players for every elimination/assist to then take to various shopkeepers around the map and purchase a scroll/exo. OR we could just find scrolls/exos in boxes throughout the map, with a possibility to find rares as well. OR we just select 5 scrolls from our inventory in My Character and the game randomly selects one for us to use.

When you eliminate another player, you get to choose to equip their cosmetic set, scroll, bombs, potions, and exocores, via a coffin that drops in the place they’re eliminated.

A game show approach similar to Apex Legends could also be implemented in the way the game progresses. For example, character quips and dances could be added, and new ones could be implemented to give people a reason to buy more stuff. And of course, you can’t have a BR without a storm.

Toxic gas encloses the map forcing players closer and closer as the game progresses, and I think it would be cool to have a random interval implemented in the time it takes the gas to begin closing, as that would ensure a unique experience and no 2 games would ever be the same!

TL/DR: I know this is a pipe dream. Red Fox/Nimonix really missed the ball with this opportunity.

2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

@Reptar Oh you got a pipe alright <3

Reptar likes this.
  3. Reptar

Reptar Member

I just see so much wasted potential. There are no hand to hand combat br's and it would be something fresh and original.

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Maybe if this were RF circa 2014 before the community ruined the games future on steam and thus its future as a whole

5. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

I'm sorry dude I was just lurking, but really?
    Game didn't even have a chance on steam even without the bad reviews. Remember how long it took them to even make the game playable from steam? Remember all the login and compatibility errors? Potential new players didn't even get the chance to check the game out when it showed up on steam. When they finally fixed the problem, it was too late. They shot themselves in the foot with the bad steam launch, it wasn't our doing.

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

It had launch problems for less than a week before there was a fix for it. Do you not understand how the steam rating system works? If f***ing ass head RFers didnt review bomb RF's steam score out of the green and into the yellow (barely not red anymore) they'd promote the game in ads but now they cant because it's score sucks and its reviews show the games full of LoL level psychos. Because of that now even more people will never get to check the game out and the ONLY thing to blame is the RF community for day 1 review bombing. Now its almost impossible to off-set RF's steam rating.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  7. MoegiKazamatsuri

MoegiKazamatsuri New Member

I agree with your suggestion!

Reptar likes this.
  8. Escha

Escha Member

@Reptar
    I don't think we need another Rumble Mode since no one even plays Rumble Modes like Potion Battle. Rumble Fighter needs something more simpler and re-playable. We can't PvP 24/7 or play room-based PvE forever. There's not even end game PvE content to look forward to after buying stats using RC and obtaining all the aesthetic Boss Mode armors.

Rumble Fighter shouldn't end up being defined as just a fashion show with fad content and casual PvP gameplay, guild war elitism, P2W Boss Mode Rushes, and overly reliant on Fisticuffs to help the average player earn enough RF Carats.

Give the average player something re-playable so they can stick around: examples like solo open world content, party content, plaza content, and other elements expected in a classic MMORPG such as Maplestory, Flyff, Ragnarok, Tree of Savior, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Final Fantasy XIV, and World of Warcraft.

@Tengu
    I don't think Rumble Fighter should rely on Steam for the MMORPG recognition.
    The people who reviewed Rumble Fighter on Steam were idiots.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  9. Reptar

Reptar Member

I am going to be honest, I like the IDEA of this game introducing MMO elements. But you know as well as I do that will never happen. Asking developers to overhaul the game is unrealistic and maybe that can happen if Nimonix sells the game to a capable dev. Adding a gamemode that has been the current wave for years now is the way, in my opinion, to build a community that will back this game moving forward. An old saying I use in my business is, "If you can't keep up with current trends of today, you'll be lost in the sauce tomorrow".

10. Escha

Escha Member

@Reptar
    True, an overhaul of the game is very unrealistic. Though I wasn't advocating for an overhaul of the game's mechanics. What I was saying was to expand upon the Plaza, the Store, Medal Shop, and other Inventory content. There could be portals leading outside the Plaza with map sizes similar to Ragnarok Online and Maplestory; with membership content like Runescape.

Lets say Rumble Fighter is like a house. I'm not asking for a completely remodeled overhaul. I'm advocating for a completely decked out house with more land and several expansions (i.e. increase the size of the house, with more rooms and features).

Adding game modes is only going to add more modes collecting dust in the Create Room section. There is no incentive or lore to encourage the other game modes. Everyone pretty much just plays Free Channel Battle Mode: Moonlight Valley, Blacktop Melee, Glacier Cove, Dos Palmas, and Random Map; Guild War Channel 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4; and NHAA & Demo.

Nobody plays the other modes unless there's an event involved.

Rumble Fighter's standalone content is weak and very reliant on event handouts. Rumble Fighter is currently missing its lore, a main questline, side quests, other content like jobs and perk acquisitions, standalone Boss Mode rewards other than aesthetic armor, etc.

Here are a few other reasons:
    • The Store and Medal Shop looks incomplete
    • Plaza looks empty and devoid of content and devoid of introductions as to why there is no content yet
    • There is a lack of tutorials for things not mentioned in the original tutorials (e.g. how to fight Boss Modes)
    • The lore is all over the place with patchwork descriptions and fluff wordings on some of the scrolls, including grammatical errors, incomplete UI, and aesthetic and game-breaking bugs that immediately breaks immersion
    Rumble Fighter is already unique. It doesn't need to copy other games to gather a loyal player base. We aren't going to gain traction like Fortnite, League of Legends, or Apex. If people wanted to play Apex-style gameplay, they'll play Apex. If people wanted to play Rumble Fighter-style gameplay, they'll play Rumble Fighter.

In my opinion, Rumble Fighter is still in an unofficial 10-year beta phase.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  11. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

peer to peer connection already isn't happy with more than like... 4 players.

12. Escha

Escha Member

Wish we had better servers. The developers need an incentive to improve or upgrade them, but their is no real urgency to do so at this time. It'd be awesome if they did though.

13. Jazztech

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't know jack apple about what I'm talking about. To my understanding there's a whole one server, and it doesn't even host the actual games we play. Once we're in game, it's all peer to peer networking.

14. Escha

Escha Member

Well I guess I'm not wrong. We do need to upgrade from the unhappy peer to peer connection somehow, like you said earlier.

15. Jazztech

Well, I mean most fighting games are peer to peer, it's the netcode that matters in that situation. But most fighting games are also 1v1. Two players, maximum. There's a lot less data that needs to go around in a 1v1, so peer to peer is fine most of the time.
    Having more than two players makes peer to peer connections harder to deal with, and having a server for the actual gameplay may make it more consistent, yes, but that'll most likely induce a delay with EVERY online match. Including 1v1's.

Smash has the same problem. 1v1's are usually fine if both players have decent connection, but adding more players makes it much easier for it to get incredibly laggy

Escha likes this.
  16. Escha

Escha Member

Oh, thank you for clarifying. That's good to know. Wish I didn't have to disconnect so much though; it's annoying having to relog after finding a good room.

Jazztech likes this.