Yin Server: Zhou's New Challenger Event!

Discussion in 'Yin Server' started by ZhouWarden, Jun 1, 2020.

1. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

Hey there, Dragons! June 6th during the stream at 12pm PDT/PST, we will be doing something very special for Yin. A "New Challenger" Event. Zhou has dared to cross over into Yin! Team up with the server and Strike him down and earn a prize! Zhou will flee as everyone, and we do mean everyone, tries to kill him. The person who gets the final hit, wins the prize for that round. For the first x amount of rounds we will be giving out Pig Guardians, Decorative Costumes, and 7x Experience Cards! Semi-Final rounds we will give out a full KL1 set (G1 S1 Q1 F1). The Final round will merit 2.5k CC to the winner! At the end of the stream we will hold a raffle for the Grand Prize of an Ultimate Tablet!!!

The 3 rules are simple:
    #1. No Masks Allowed. If you get the last hit while wearing the mask. Your reward is forfeit.
    #2. To enter the raffle for the Grand Prize you must be watching the live twitch stream at twitch.tv/zhouthevagabond. Just by merely attending the stream and you will be entered into the raffle. (Tao and Yin players watching the stream both have a chance at the Ultimate Tablet)
    #3. One win per tier. You can not sweep this event. If you earn a prize please wait in a safe zone until the next set of prizes. Meaning you can win up to 4 times. 1xStarter Tier, 1xSemi-Final Tier, 1xFinal Tier and the Grand Prize.

Sponsored by: Redfox

Extra Special Thanks: [GM]Ahri, [CM]Ninearts and Redfox Support Team. Thanks for your trust and having faith in me. I promise not to let ya'll down, and do my best. Without ya'll, this event wouldn't be possible.

Join the twitch here!
    twitch.tv/zhouthevagabond

Join our Discord for more questions here.
    https://invite.gg/9dragons

Yin Prepare Yourself.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    BabeNoob and Perfection like this.
  2. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

So this is for yin?
    So why say u will be doing from tao?
    full KL1 set (G1 S1 Q1 F1).

Im gettibg confused here.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. Megatranh

Megatranh New Member

I’ll be there Zhou!!! This is for Yin!!! On Yin!!!!! For the Boyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzz and the Girrrrrrrllllllzzzzzzzz

MinnesotaSlays and ZhouWarden like this.
  4. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I do events for both Yin and Tao Server.
    Tao's Next event will be in 2 Weeks on Saturday June 13th

FOR THE BOYZZZZZ
    FOR THE GIRLZZZZZ
    FOR 9DRAGONZZZZZ

5. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Aah awesome ill be there 2..

So what is full KL1 set (G1 S1 Q1 F1

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  6. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member

Goku lvl1 smasher lvl1 queen lvl1 and fox lvl1 relics

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  7. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

So, all a challenger needs do is regularly kill off their fellow competitors with constant AoEs from their already high tier gear. Not particularly hard to crack from a stress testing standpoint, and this is with what little amount of lateral problem solving it took to develop how to defeat the revised SvS challenge RF gave us last year. o_O

Hows about requesting all challengers make a fresh vagabond character from scratch, level them to perhaps GC 12 (level 24) and using only the starter trainer weapons from Bamboo Village. No pre-farmed gear allowed, no outsider healer party buffs allowed, no outsider traded gear allowed, no clan skill allowed (being a vagabond ensures this). Participants will be required to submit their names a week or two in advance with a cut off application date, so as to allow GMs to check their account logs.

Participating CMs & GMs can verify the winner's level, vagabond status and equipped gear to ensure no naughty business.

The winner can then submit their main account and character details so the prizes can be given out correctly. As the organising entity, you will be entitled to decide what level your character needs be and with what gear you require to make this a challenge for fresh characters made by new and/or veteran players. Not only will this establish a baseline for all challengers, it will also ensure new players stand a chance against what would otherwise be a highly geared player taking the final prize.

If the Hefei tournament arena were still a feature in this version, that would be a great locale for this "event" to take place, and there would be a place in-game audience to watch the match. Unfortunately, the last time I saw it was back in Gameleon's J9D many years ago. Perhaps you can ask the CMs and/or GMs about this and making it a weekly or monthly event.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Bankz likes this.
  8. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

This event went over quite well in Tao. Currently its being made into a promotional video. With the current rules its only possible for a single person to win 4 times. Even if they kill all the competitors, they can still only win 4 times. Ensuring at least 10 different people get prizes from the PvP portion of the Event. There is free Guardians, Pig Rank 1, for any who wants one. The Grand Prize, an Ultimate Tablet, is given out via raffle at the end of the event and will not be decided on by PvP.
    Not going to lie, your idea sounds like a lot of fun and something ill be considering in due time. Please keep in mind ive been doing this for only a month, and what youre suggesting takes a lot of planning and coordination. Give me more time to settle into my new role as event planner and ill do my best to make you proud.

9. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

That requires too much work on behalf of red fox.

they already need others to hold events for them to try and keep the player base from dwindling further so the likelihood of them committing to doing any more work is 0.

10. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

No worries, just offering some suggestions on how to make your event more balanced and fairer to new and veteran players alike.

The reason I suggested vagabond only challengers is prevent highly geared players from dominating the PvP aspect of your event. Couple of them being in the same league and/or party will also negate any accidental AoEs from nicking their mates whilst edging out their competition. Being GC 12 or lower while might be a first step in preventing traded gear from being used, does not prevent pre-farmed gear being transferred via storage sharing. But if the CMs and/or GMs takes an active role in monitoring the challengers or just the winner, this loophole can be somewhat mitigated.

Besides, being pecked to death by a bunch of lowbie vagabonds wielding Bamboo Village trainer weapons might be hilarious to watch. ;)

For what its worth, I hope the community will enjoy your event.

ZhouWarden likes this.
  11. firuges

firuges Member

Unbalanced first event.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020