Why skill is so low in 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFuzionBranz, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Agree or Disagree

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

This.

I had no passion to get into/get better at RF again because I would have no idea who was who, who was ddosing and who I had to avoid. The fact that I have to even think about avoiding 1v1 rooms just to keep my router intact made me drop the game, along with other reasons such as bad management when it comes to updates/actual quality content & friends don’t play the game anymore.

I want a reason to come back, to create, to work on my scroll again (because I have a ton of new stuff I wanna work on and implement), to mingle with forums, and to just generally enjoy the game.

Maomi, Yeezus and Draygashi like this.
  2. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

*TENGU TRIGGER INTENSIFIES*

Scrpz and Prizmo like this.
  3. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

I kick everyone I see from mindgames, that stopped half of my ddosing pro tip to me their rep is being human garbage other people to watch out for are low medium levels that wear old gen sets and type a lot that they are good

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Wanting wide-sweeping updates or any new content at all on a 12 year old game is more than just a mildly unrealistic expectation. It doesn't matter what updates we get because the whole game's populated by outrage merchants who would spit on their own implemented requests if it was RedFox/Nimonex who gave it to them and that isn't me speaking figuratively because I've seen it happen i.e. True Battle, Classic Mode, buffing old powerhouse Scrolls, Super Arts and Non-RC Rare Scrolls in BMs just to name a few. One of the only things they havent given us that retards here beg for is a full server shutdown to kill the game that they don't have the self control to walk away from.

If you need a reason to come back tho I dont know what to tell you. If you enjoy the game then play it, dont over-complicate RF to the point its no longer enjoyable like everyone else and its still quite fun.

5. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

who the fúck asked for this?

Oh and they executed the BMs terribly. They are recycled and near impossible unless you have a competent team. Boxes are filled with useless junk and have shockingly bad rates. Grind about 5 minutes only to get the godly DARK STOMPERS 3 DAYS.

When was the last time they implemented something that we wanted that ISN'T true battle?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  6. Harlot

Harlot New Member

--old edit

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

So not only did we get Classic Mode they even changed RFNA's Classic Mode to include all the trash we cried about not being able to use that wasn't even classic but merely an OGP item. That was either early this year or late last year. Theres also the Hyper Coin which in a way is a Rating / Ladder system with actual prizes that segregated itself to only "Premium" Items so nobody could complain about only one side having a rare.

Players were asking for a B button nanmu-like super skill since early OGP forums, myself included. Even had 200+ votes in a suggestion.

I don't know if youve actually played other side-scroller beat'em up games or even World of Warcraft but dungeon grinding is 100% repetitive in any game they're in which equally bad rates as RF or worse if youre raiding in WoW and you gotta compete against up to 40 people for your loot. Also the BM stat shoes are just as good as Stardust shoes, one of the best RC shoes you can buy, so why diss items meant to help the carat players? Isn't free to play carat support what people want?

8. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

Hypermode is garbage. It plays out like regular games anyways. Classic mode is also garbage although its a decent idea. It would never have had to have been made if they didn't start releasing metatron stuff etcetc.
    A rating system in hyper mode? You are kidding right? Whoever pays more wins. Simple as.
    Hypercoins? That should be for classic mode not hyper. free to play has no chance of competing there anyways.

I haven't seen a single person ask for a special B skill like super arts EVER.

Rates are garbage in the new boss modes. Opened about 40 pirate chests and the only thing i got was useless timed 3d items which i resold for an amazing 400 carat profit. Takes about 3-5 mintues for each playthrough depending on how good your team is. Lets just say it takes 4 minutes. That would mean i spent about 2 hours and 40 minutes getting all those chests, probably even more to wait for people to join, first loaders, inconveniences like disconnecting randomly etc. All that for literally nothing? I know its RNG but rates shouldn't have to be that bad on a game that is just about to die. Other games can have garbage rates because they have a much bigger player base than us. We run on a 30 consistent playerbase. I dont know if you have played BDO before but if that games playerbase was as small as rumble fighters, i guarantee you anything that all the drop rates for valuable items would just shoot up. Although the game does rely on its community to run properly, it still doesn't change that fact.
    Oh wait a second, did you say dark stompers is a good reward?? just log out

9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Do you even play other fighting games? One per match low HP Supers are even now in Tekken, Mortal Kombat and f-ing Smash Bros. Sorry but I'm not blinded by nostalgia for "the old days" so I actually keeping up with the rest of the fighting game world.

Your perspective on RF's dungeon rates is that of a fish in a small pond. Dungeons in WoW, the signature MMO, take on average an hour MINIMUM for 3-4 rare item drops that you split between a part of 5. Raiding takes SEVERAL hours sometimes needing to be spaced out across multiple days in the week and actually costs several hours + hundreds of gold in things like consumable potions, spell reagents, enchants, crafting/farming fire resist gear and other expensive/time-consuming boosts just to get into the door to a place where each boss only drops 2 items each with 25-40 f-ing people rolling on these items that can only drop once in a whole week. RF BMs are a ******* joke compared to the difficulty found in other mainstream games.

And yes if youre a free to play user those boots can have up to +3/+3 which is the same as Stardust Slippers, one of the best shoes in the game and RC only. Sorry man but could you sound anymore lazy or entitled?

EDIT: Almost forget to mention that Classic Coins is a FANTASTIC idea and would be even better if we actually had original classic before people complaining about having to use actual classic scrolls ruined it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  10. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

seems like you forgot that 25-40 players is the average online rf population on populated times
    Whether you think im entitled and lazy or not, I couldn't care less. What i care more about is why you are so happy wasting 5 minutes to get dark stompers for 3 days. Nobody besides yourself wants these useless dead items.
    Turn your router off or go on rf so someone can do it for you please.
    "mainstream" Well there you have it. I don't need to say anything anymore.

11. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

chill

12. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

i didnt think ppl would comment this much, yall triggered on a game with no skill rn

kantrelate

QueenLone and Tengu like this.
  13. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

You responded tho.

14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

How can you not need to say anything more when you haven't even said anything of substance yet? Careful tho your pay2win is showing.

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You aint wrong. Bots do old school combos more often than players do.

16. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

ah yes, the $0 i spent on this game is as clear as day

17. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

I miss the ol days :(!

18. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

can yall sdfu
    there's only 2 skill gaps
    the noob and the pro
    done

HumoLoco likes this.
  19. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Yeah I like this.

I love sparring and 1v1ing with people I meet on moon and glacier rooms. Usually they say they never tried but once I introduce them to 1v1s they say it's fun and they get to learn what they need to work on. It's especially fun when I go against people that I hear are good once I lose I don't want to stop fighting until I learn what I need to improve on! The competitiveness also helped me figure out how to learn from my mistakes in other games and sports. It's a shame I can't enjoy it the way I did a year ago..but it's still fun to spar with great 1v1ers.

Oh I wish I could spar you sometime, I hear you're good!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    QueenLone likes this.
  20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Not the real Saiyukii

QueenLone likes this.