Why skill is so low in 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFuzionBranz, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Agree or Disagree

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

In any early year from 2007-2012? maybe? Pages had tons of rooms. Everyone jumped around. Everyone would be hanging out in "gangs". Since the guild system was never introduced, people used name tags, youtube and room titles to rep their crew. Everyone would play tons of stuff. I remember playing with ZA alot, Glacier 4v4, Demo, Taurus Temple, alot of KOTH, etc. Then everytime a beef would light up, That good ol 1v1 room.

The thing is, back in these years, 1v1 rooms were underground. Always had a password and people wouldn't fight no-names? Why? Cause branding people wasn't a thing. You wouldn't go around saying "IM MASTER OF MOON" or "KING OF DEMO" in ways to promote your skill. People would respect you for what you do. 1v1 Was always just a method of resolving beef. Can you pull your weight? Me against you? Whos better? Then the yearly forum threads and OGP tournaments would come. Literatly every player would come and try to enter. Ralphjos, LavisCannon, Meteorite, Explizit, CeroBlast, HeaT, ThugLord, blablabla, you name it.

Players today try to dig up on RF and find info on ThugLord. They say damn he was a good 1v1er back then, etc. That man made it to like lvl 40-50 and probably 99% of his EXP was made from Glacier teams. The only time you would see that man 1v1 is when he had something to prove.

Meteorite, A player who kinda popped out of nowhere in OGP Era. Enough skilled players to make an accurate top 30 list and this 1 man comes out on top so fast? The man only played glacier. But he was amazing. Players today once again "hes a 1v1er". This man made it to a tournament, popped off and got recognized. Today, This could happen again, But face it, Skill is low. Another good example is Ralphjos. Everyone knows that IGN. He was an insanely good player. He would always been in Moonlight. He did do guilds and wars. He had his friends, he played Demo, Glacier, Etc. Was he the BEST player of the game? No. Did he lose in Moon? Yeah. But this man walked into quality sparring sessions/roasting sessions of 1v1ers and cleaned out some people the community voted to be top 10 and 20. There are no excuses of "I dont blacktop".

"Being a 1v1er" doesn't make you good. Being good is what makes you win at 1v1. Excuses like "I dont 1v1" and whatnot are crap. You use a scroll everytime you play. You're judgement, timing, experience, strategy, etc, are all factors of every round you try to win. I can guarantee you, that not 1 person is only going to "practice 1v1", "call themselfs 1v1ers" and make it great. Ever since well rounded players who played literatly everything quit, The skill left too. So everyone out there grinding 1v1's, you're not getting enough practice. I can guarantee every modes have different optimal playstyles or techniques, that each of these ways will gather more experience with countering, timing, placement, etc.

Teams: Teaming and Guilds is building a name for a group of players and you cannot say otherwise. You can say its a sort of "skill", but you can only rate someone accurately this way with statistics. Its like saying whos the best overall MMA fighter and then lining them up with John Jones. Like noooooo.

But I only moon: I can guarantee, the most skilled player will win in both a moonlight or blacktop 1v1. The main difference that things such as one winning on moon but the other on blacktop just means that both players don't have a high level of skill and ability to stay relaxed and composed. I can guarantee you that even mooners when they had beef inbetween themselves, WENT TO BLACKTOP LMAO.

#QuitMakingUseless1v1Rooms
    #QuitMakingExcuses
    #LetItDieAlready

#TLDR: People hide behind excuses and have no idea on how to actually improve or how to try and justify skill. People keep being blind and walk a path without seeing things correctly.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    SoulSpan, Prizmo and HumoLoco like this.
  2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

True, the most well rounded players were the ones on top. I remember trash talking a Demo player, then getting destroyed by him on Blacktop.

Prizmo and HumoLoco like this.
  3. TheFuzionBranz

Pretty much. A good player is a good player. People just agree'd the battle it out on blacktop.

HumoLoco likes this.
  4. HinagikuRin

HinagikuRin Active Member

What ruined the competitive nature of this game is the amount of brain dead items you can get just because you pay more money, this game really doesnt have competitive nature anymore. No tournaments, no guild war events nothing like that anymore. People just stopped caring about getting better, they log in play a game or two get screwed over by lag and log off.

HumoLoco likes this.
  5. TheFuzionBranz

Yeah and no.

The easiest counter to any exocore is one that forces unmorph. These skills are guard breakers and animations that last a certain period of time. Phantom of the relic or the newer version of it (Both carats) are amazing.

Another method is to limit your opponent with Thunderblades or Aquarius.

But yea, thats a valid point too but I didn't wanna go about that obvious direction. The fact also that there use to be actual annual and monthly competition

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    HumoLoco likes this.
  6. gottablast

gottablast Member

who hurt u

HumoLoco likes this.
  7. TheFuzionBranz

Wish it could be someone on RF LMAO

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Your definition of a good player stems from their ability to 1v1. I agree but that is still just both of our opinion.

The real problem you seem to have here is selectivity. So teams aren't good enough to built merit, too much help going on and I agree. What else is available in 2019 when theres only Glacier against stacked guys, Moon, and nothing else really. I looks like your more angry at the situation the game turned into and never asked yourself "why is it like this?" And its literally because people are allowed to play whatever they want. In a time when there was everyone playing everything, without a "gang" I got the well rounded RF experience to call myself decent. Now theres literally just Glace against the same stacked team I fought yesterday and the day before. And Moon which is Moon.

However like the people you exampled, Ralph, Meteorite, ect. they played majority of their games on their map and ended up good under your standards. So is it map selectivity or their gangs holding back the skill level? I believe its both. Support Quick Start button to abolish both. :)

Press a button, queue'd, your set determines which ladder you belong (OP scroll? ->OP/Uber ladder OR OP/Uber penalty), in-game -> ??? -> repeat

thats it, let the game select your maps and teams and save the selectivity for guild war. ;)

Maomi and HumoLoco like this.
  9. TheFuzionBranz

Ralphjos played alot of Everything. I often 2v2 Dos Palmas with him LMAO. I often 4v4d with him in glacier and demo. He was very good in moon and people think to think its "his map" but the guy was just good at everything. Same goes for Meteorite, but he didn't seem to Moon much compared to Demo and Glacier.

I agree however items and whatnot are killing selectivity such as going into glacier VS fulyl stacked and all. Thats obvious. However its still possible to improve and go out of your way to play different stuff. I occasionally still third rock, find glacier rooms with less rares, moon, etc.

Today kids just play blacktop and think they will be good at the game, or just say they play moon and they are not use to blacktop, etc.

But I very well agree that players being allowed to do what they want is also a problem, I find its more KILLING the game cause players can still find rooms and groups of people who play by different standards. I often join rooms with Sandstorm, ScootHayabusa, etc, Where people dont even use exocores and 2x panic and its kinda like a very classic high tier skill room. People just dont join in.

Its like everyone calls me a 1v1er. I won annual tourneys, I post alot of 1v1s and all. But I've always played way more MOON GLACIER and DEMO compared to 1v1. Heck I probably played fortress as much LOL. Its just when you label someone thats good a 1v1er and when you lable someone who just 1v1s "a 1v1er", its kind of mehhhh. "Top 1v1ers" has always been the top players of RF. Being branded a 1v1er today is being someone who limits themselves.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    HumoLoco likes this.
  10. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

but you see where the issue snowballs right? “Limits themselves to blacktop” well, you don’t actually know how great you are till you host the room and fight. However that person will only fight similar people whom only btop and rounded players who play everything. Same thing with moon, glace and 3rd rock. You’ll fight the regulars and those who play whatever. You want everyone to play everything? Quick start button takes away their map selectivity. You want those people who only play with their mans to GW you and stop talking smack in free channel? Quick start button takes away their security of playing with mates without penalty. You tired of people throwing on their money suit for easy kills? Quick start button matches them up with/against a team that’ll require them to carry alot of weight AND/OR penalize their points for going over the baseline established from the queue.

HumoLoco likes this.
  11. Swervo

Swervo Active Member

Branz stop wasting your time lmao.

Windstorm and HumoLoco like this.
  12. TheFuzionBranz

Yup, those are all issues. But they def will never be fixed by Nimo or anything

Up to the players

HumoLoco likes this.
  13. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

I wouldn't say not being a blacktop player is a excuse. Angle for example is a top thing to master on moon, along with movement calculations (dont mean drifting) and timing knowing weak points and map strats, while 1vs1 is combo based, scroll knowledge based, keyboard endurance and how your feeling in your mood and focus, trying hard on moon is way different then trying hard on blacktop your key inputs are very condensed and its a different experience.

I thought this was gonna be a new scrolls are exoscrolls thread. Not that any of this matters im a grown family man now i'm not 17 anymore im turning 29 idk why your so invested with that post felt like someone young would say 'beef' aint just dead because the games dead its dead because we are grown ass men now no one be caring about a 9-0 like 15% of have wives or kids, 50% got jobs another 20% probably dead or are in jail the other 15% maybe still some younger people in univ. This game was like a mini hs nobody cares about the cool kid now. All the kids these days put comp into console games but I cant think about 1vs1ing some 16 yr old in cod the thought is hilarious. Still liked the thread.

HumoLoco likes this.
  14. TheFuzionBranz

I get email notifications on videos from 2012 even today, Adds when I try to play casual, etc, On asking for advice, tips, sparrings, etc.

I play when I have time and I like to enjoy it, Abit of forum her and what not. However I enjoy competitive play too and I just find it ironic that I keep getting introduced into these disscussions over and over and over again. Or the amount of crying I hear when I play games, etc.

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

16. Saiyukii

Saiyukii New Member

Hi guys

Prizmo likes this.
  17. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

Oooh?

18. NeonChedder

NeonChedder New Member

I honestly tend to stay away from 1v1s. **** just gets on my nerves. I feel like I can do more on moon so I stick with that instead. I can still 1v1, but i'm mediocre bc I can't low jump and I bounce around my scrolls a lot so idk their angles perfectly.

19. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

.05% old gen login so...

HumoLoco and Prizmo like this.
  20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You mean items like Shoot Boxing, Attack Booster, Master Enchant Package and that +150SP skull helmet which have been in the game forever? People stopped being competitive because everyone started acting like Low Tier God and/or started DDOSing.

NeoStrayFox likes this.