White Fang RE

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by iHumza, Apr 23, 2019.

?

support af?

1. yes af

2. no (too op af)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

I feel like this scroll is super underpowered for its price (1190rc), and it pales in comparison to new scrolls that only cost around 1050rc. So I did this.

@PatrickRF senpai i hope u allow me to use da iceberg clip af
    Move List:
    PPPP
    PPKK
    KKKK
    KKKP
    KPP
    K + kG
    >> Z
    kG (groundhit)
    Super Arts (does overall damage comparable to that of your average Super Arts skill).
    nimonix-sempai if u do implement this pls gimme the crafting materials except for White Fang itself, bcuz farming this is a hellhole in itself. plus its all recycled animations so it should be easy for u, - nee?

Price: 1700rc; (White Fang RE + 7 orichalcon)
    OR
    White Fang (x1) + 3 Rebirths of White Fang RE + 3 Spirits of Land/Ice/Water/Fire idk.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    [GM]Shadow and doston8 like this.
  2. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

blump

doston8 likes this.
  3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

White Fang isnt weak at all. Just saying now theres little purpose in having a PPPP and PPKK since both fill the role of being a 4hit that knock the enemy albeit one fences and the other doesnt. kG shouldn't be a ground hit since it already has a perfectly fine >>G. Not every RE needs lots of new combos, I think Rage and Tiger are great examples of this as Rage only receives it's kGK as a >>G (a MUCH needed FIX) and Tiger only has it's properties rebalanced with no new combos added.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  4. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

ppkk is a 6 hit and its cool af. I wanted to add more icy effects. plus the ground hit is much better.
    the reason the k + kG exists is because i dont wanna go thru 4 hits for a juggle. and the super arts is yeah

5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Yes its a "6hit" but its still a 4button combo that makes the PPPP's existence totally pointless as why would you ever use it over the PPKK. Also ever wondered if having to go thru 4hits to launch was an intentionally designed limitation on the scroll? And what even is the purpose of the >>G anymore since it's not a ground hit nor a launcher? Is it just another ram now? Why remove the kG when its arguably the scrolls best and most unique attack? To replace it with something recycled? :S

doston8 likes this.
  6. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

o.o

7. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Rage got its speed boosters, CzK hits just as fast as >>Z if timed too.

Verm Phoenix got a slight recovery addition and Cz speed buff

Shaolin Tiger was a very high tier scroll before nerf, its buff sky rocketed it once again.

There is no true formula to building a scroll, Except for making it too OP then boxing it. Buffing existing items has no limits, You can add 5 combos and if one of them arent OP well none of them are really OP. But it could create alternatives and sneakyness. Just like DHN BF LE getting KPP PPKK KKKP >>Z while being already very strong.

Alot of fighting games have various things in common while having other things to make them unique. RF is a 3d Fighting game with classified as a "eight-way run" game. Many games will either have styles or characters for combos. Equippable Special/saves/trigges/rage arts/etc. While all characters have different combos with different inputs; Almost every game has a move created for every existant input, Just that they don't go into combos.

Literatly every combo such as 4Punch, 1 Kick, 41 Kick, etc, Will do a different move on another character/style. Some will go into a combo if you do followed inputs, but some might be just a 1 hit input.

RF doesn't follow this system cause the directions dont alter combo moves. However cause of this, some scrolls are under powered because nothing follows balance, same mechanics, moves, utilities, etc. Cause of this, There will be power creep, unfairness and no rules to content creation. Anyone could suggest anything and there isn't rules to respect asides from "Too OP" and "Thats a horrible idea". In the end, Nimonix are the judges and can see White Fang being more complete with this user suggestion.

Newer scrolls have been more complete. Custom and/or omni, multiple launchers/fencers, tricks/mindgames, alternate combos, etc. In a way; the last 8ish shop scrolls have been very close in terms of ratings and number of tools/combos. Changing PPP to PPKK or PPPP could very well do the same and follow their goals.

doston8 likes this.
  8. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

i like read the discussion by you two in general indeed faktz. glad u take time to disect the neat intricacy dat skrowls have to offer faktz.

iHumza and TheFuzionBranz like this.
  9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nevermind I had to rewatch the video the animations were jumpy and I missed parts when I was watching it the first times. Still not a fan of the kG being changed to a >>G when youre just replacing the original >>G anyway. Something else I failed to mention is giving White Fang any more support in it's punch combos isnt the design idea behind the scroll which is meaty kick combos.

Id keep the New Ground Hit (as a >>G and a launcher) and thats about it. White Fang is VERY strong as is, still very much A+ tier. Last thing it needs is to have a 2-hit-ohshit kick launcher or any type of punch combo especially not another fencer.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    doston8 likes this.
  10. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

For eagle claw, the kG grab was turned into a run z, and that was pretty cool i guess. the kG for white fang is relatively hard to hit half of the time so ye.

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Lets think about why tho
    -It didnt originally have a >>G
    -Its kG animation looked more appropriate as a >>G
    -The new move would look better as a kG but awkward as a >>G

White Fang's kG does NOT look smoother as a >>G than a kG, it looks worse because it jerkishly brakes your movement for a 1-leg hook. Also what do you mean White Fang's kG is hard to hit when it literally iframes thru combos?

12. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

my suggestion is being brutally murdered :c

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Not entirely! I like idea behind the ice ground hit (as a >>G) and B Super but White Fang is definitely one of those scrolls that needs its RE to be more about flavor/spice and/or benign buffs as opposed to a heavily upgraded combo chart.

14. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

You're right about that. I'll just leave the combos there and let nimonix do whatever they want with it. whether it be removing some combos or making changes.

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

o.e

16. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Now you're just being almost as lazy as NimoniX.

Tengu likes this.
  17. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

dangit why is everything turning against me lmfao

18. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

they'll do that anyways, like they did to tiny's scroll :/

19. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

i like the idea. just try my advice
    remove PPPP and PPKK.
    - PPPP is a secondary dmg stuffer while your kick combo is already good at that
    - PPKK...looks like a second spike option..KPP exists.
    solution ; turn PPP into a chargeable. Effect should be an unblockable PUSH
    remove K K+G, makes KKKP pointless
    + Add KPPK for mindgames. It's regular KPP with the original White Fang kG as the last hit. Perfect angle, great for advanced nanmus, too.
    >>Z is questionable

iHumza likes this.
  20. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

PPPP is useless since PPKK has more hits, fences and does damage.
    PPP is a good "quick knockback".

The Cz and the Run Z is what gets me.

The Cz is KINDA bad for white fang. I mean it has its uses, but meh not a crazy perk. Now to upgrade that, we could have something like Black Dragon, where it does like Cyclones Cz Grab but with a tornado animation that AoE's all near players. What if players that came in contact with it would be frozen like icebergs counter skill? Or that it would do the same iceblast and maybe edge others with that same guy?

Now the Run Z on white fang is amazing however. It can stay just the way it is, However I like your idea of the current Cz being like a RunZ, But maybe if it would keep the run Z to have a choice to juggle with the option of doing >>Z-K to kill confirm that 1 person (Like that you can juggle for damage or distant edge, OR choose to instant kill and void air panic)

Having 2 launchers is good. KKKP and KC, However there needs to be some worth. KKKP for nice solid damage. KP for a quick surprise knockup. Maybe just to sauce it up it could be KCK/KCP with a recovery mechanism?

White fang is an excellent scroll, it was deemed OPish upon release but compared to other more recent items, It could use some SAUCE.

iHumza likes this.