Remove Air-Panic/Roll Mechanic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizna, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizna

Wizna New Member

^ Title is all I need to say...

If you don't agree please enlighten me as to why you think this is somehow good for the game.

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

It's a feature that requires a small extent of skill as doing it at the wrong time will result in punishment. It's reverse "panic breaking" in a way - you need to time it right.

From the way you are demanding the feature removed, you're making it sound like it's some sort of new game breaking feature which is not. It's only usable once and it only takes "regular" panics (so no x2 air panic except for beginners).

Bl1tz, NJSmasher, Sasori and 2 others like this.
  3. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

^
    Yeah plus if you're complaining about edging people, usually they waste their nammu as well trying to get back to the stage, so i dont mind it.

4. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

And allow players like me to infinitely reset anyone and everyone? Sure thing!

Bl1tz and Sasori like this.
  5. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

I like how one person is hurt about a new mechanic they haven't adapted to yet; the one new mechanic added to rf since pearing beta, and somehow Redfox thinks this should actually be considered. It's like they always take the least popular choice's side.
    [​IMG]

No. It shouldn't be removed.

NJSmasher and Draygashi like this.
  6. NJSmasher

NJSmasher Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

[​IMG]

lordpablo likes this.
  7. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

We've dealt with that for the past 11 years, I'm sure it wasn't happening enough to warrant an entire new mechanic just to stop that once instance. It's an extra get out of jail card that I can do without as all I do is Moon. You can assume how annoying it would be to deal with an air panic, then to deal with a 2x panic, then deal with wings on top of that in the same match with just one person. I'm not ass or anything but I shouldn't have to kill you about 4 times before you get off the map.

SkitRf and Draygashi like this.
  8. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

Least popular choice on the basis of what? Forum posts?

9. Draygashi

Back then they used to just patch the resets, though. They don't want to remove rare Scroll's resets anymore like Full-Impact and others. They'd rather just give everyone the extra escape option than to go back and re-work a Scroll to make it less desirable.

We've seen Scrolls like Inferno, Red Rock Ninjutsu, Doutetsu, Lucha Libre SE, TengoryuKarate, Shadow Ninjutsu, JinTekkyeon, Marang Ninjutsu, Hawkhunter, Gungki, and MANY others lose their reset and watched the Scrolls become shells of their former selves.

10. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Guaranteed if our friend Wizna here hadn't posted that they want it removed, you wouldn't have either. You two are the only ones who I've seen that say the air-roll mechanic was a bad idea since it was implemented. Just figure out a way to deal with it, it's not that bad.
    If anything, push more on the whole extra room options thing and have air-rolling as something you can disable, along with revives or pouch items. Everything you want in one convenient package that doesn't take away from everyone.

Draygashi likes this.
  11. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

I had to change everything I typed because it kept talking about spam words idk what that's about but anyway
    I was sent this post by a friend as it came up on his FB, I don't post on forums because 1 I don't care enough and 2 there's normally not a lot of good players giving valid opinions on the forums. I haven't critiqued the air panic as bad as I was an advocate for in back in 2011 where I suggested some type of counter to a juggle. I deal with it just fine and it doesn't cripple me in anyway, It's just something I thought wasn't necessary and you telling me otherwise after this game survived without it for 11 years makes no sense.

12. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

95% of those scrolls you mentioned were post skill era as I like to call it. Only scrolls we had to deal with reset for the most part was Zin, Jin and Hawk, but the panic mechanic was implemented after those resets for the other scrolls you mentioned were patched. And even if they weren't, ok fine you panic out the juggle the first time...now I relaunch you and do it again? That isn't a fix for resets it just gives you a chance to escape some damage before getting smacked again lol. Nerfing players by adding extra mechanics is like punishing players for being good.

oTedd likes this.
  13. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

Why you want it removed? You want the game to stay the same forever? In a juggle combo you can be killed and have no chance especially against the 6 launcher scroll. Great feature in my opinion and shouldn’t removed. If you want new players I’m sure they would struggle hard against us ogs.

Draygashi likes this.
  14. iwannadielel

iwannadielel Well-Known Member

upload_2018-9-25_18-37-5.png

15. Draygashi

So what you're saying is, either way it doesn't help against getting reset infinitely if I can just start up the juggle again?

16. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Perhaps you just don't really understand how the air panic works. Allow me to make sure you're enlightened.

The air panic is a low-momentum second-jump performed only when you've been hit at least once while in the air. You do not get any I-frames while using it, and it can only be used by normal panics. "Fire kicks" (the game's name for 2x Panics) will not activate the air-panic.

This means:
    1) If you're knocked back far enough before using it, you're not going to be able to get back on the map without spending your nanmu with it.
    2) You're vulnerable to being re-juggled if you use it during a juggle while too low to the ground, or get predicted.
    3) You can not air-panic from being hit by a launcher or single-hit fencer (such as being hit by a non-ram knockback move from behind, or Tactical Bow, for example.) This means an angled launcher that puts you over a pit will kill you.
    4) Because of where the safe points for air panics are, you can easily be predicted just like if you were using a normal panic.

This is not a "Get out of Jail free" mechanic. It is just a single use counter-play to juggles which had dominated the meta since the game introduced launchers in the first place.

My opinion:
    If you don't like this mechanic, you probably don't like normal panics either, and probably main Zin TKD or PKK. You should learn how to predict the air panics so you can catch them with another ram, juggle, or low-jump kick. You're probably just whining because it makes the easy juggle kills slightly harder to obtain.
    Personally, my only complain is "Why wasn't this added sooner?" and "Why is this free, but being able to tech isn't!?"

SkitRf and Draygashi like this.
  17. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

Yeah it's not really a bad mechanic, but specifically for what you said it doesn't help the case that much lol.

18. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

You constantly downplay other people's choices of scrolls and mash in stereotypes of people who use them. In all honestly, you aren't that good to be critiquing players that way. I can say I don't like an update without it having to do with the types of scrolls I like, what kind of asinine narcissistic ass hat are you to bulk in an opinion of a mechanic to the type of fighting styles you prefer? Where is the correlation in that? I do agree that this could've been added as a similar package to Rebirth. Could've been a carat alternative for people to feel like they have something.

Wizna likes this.
  19. Wizna

Wizna New Member

Not being mean, but do any of you play EVERYDAY for hours a day consistently? I do.....

My IGN is Bride currently and I cove all day everyday as most would know. So I can say from everyday experience since this mechanic was implemented that this is indeed NOT as liked by the community as you think. Just because people aren't actively talking/making post about it on forums doesn't mean we like it. Literally EVERY time someone jumps back on the map after a juggle the "juggler" makes multiple complaints! You'd know this if you play consistently. This game has been running for about 11 years and I do like the idea of adding new game mechanics but this just isn't it. Yeah I can agree due to the mass number of new easy-to-use edging scrolls like Verm, Another Avenger, White tiger, etc it's easy to knock your opponents of the map. But that doesn't mean we need to give people 2 or 3 chances?! At this point in this game's later stage in life maybe these new players NEED to experience getting a little beat up by us older players. It'll actual help them improve better than BABYING them with 3 chances to stay on the map after a juggle. When we were all new players years ago wasn't nothing to baby us back onto the map.... If it was up to me "X2 Panics" wouldn't be a thing either. Like why? And quite frankly I never recall being asked if I wanted this new mechanic in the game anyway. Was there a poll or something that I missed? Maybe Redfox and Nimonix should ask us or let us test things like this out before you just throw it in the game.

It hasn't completely ruined the game or my gaming experience or anything. But coming from a long-time player/veteran's opinion I don't think this is needed in the game going forward. Like I said in my original post I'm fully open to being enlightened by you all's opinions but so far I'm still not persuaded. I'm entitled to my opinion just like the rest of you and this how I feel. I want it removed. Whether you like it or not, or whether it is or it isn't. That's how I feel.

oTedd likes this.
  20. Draygashi

Just jump kick after every juggle you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.