« Karasu » (sneaky edit)

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Panthaero, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Yet another Tekken based scroll in game?

1. Yes please

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. foh naruto wannabe

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Panthaero

Panthaero Well-Known Member

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    If you support please comment your IGN. If you do not support, please comment any changes you would make.

Description :
    Legend tells of the Karasu clan that created a new variant of ninjutsu."Stoic, Prideful, Serious, highly skilled, and iron-hearted." Those are the words told by the few survivors who've seen a master of this deadly style of fighting.These practitioners are highly known for their teleportation, Lightning quick maneuvers, and Heavy take downs. Due to the limitless fear that has struck those who have come upon a master and survived, they were given the title "The Dark Talon of Death." - IIOchiII
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Final hits of any combos will display a black ink brush effect just like Darksider.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PPP : First input is a left elbow. Great priority and forward movement, but not much actual range.
    PPP : Second input is a right straight. It hits them lol
    PPP : Third input is a right arm sweep. The sweep is a spin-out launcher.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PPKK : First input is a left elbow. Great priority and forward movement, but not much actual range.
    PPKK : Second input is a right straight. It hits them lol
    PPKK : Third input is a right heel kick (clockwise) that angles fairly well and knocks opponents into the air.
    PPKK : Fourth input is a sexy right sweep also knocks opponents airborne before a shadow clone side kicks them down over any low fence. Doesn't angle well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    NeoStrayFox and Flamekiller like this.
  2. Panthaero

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KKP : First input is a two-hit right knee into roundhouse. The second hit reaches out slightly farther than the first.
    KKP : Second input is a low left side kick that functions as a ground hit.
    [​IMG]
    KKP : Third input is a right palm strike. Dark Haze Ninjutsu KP would be a good recycle. This input does not Stun launch. Angles very well.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KKK : First input is a two-hit right knee into roundhouse. Not as fast as blackout, but not as slow as Kung Fu. The second hit reaches out slightly farther than the first.
    KKK : Second input is a low left side kick that functions as a ground hit.
    [​IMG]
    KKK : Third input is a left drop kick that functions as a BU launcher on hit. Charging up this kick has you roll forward instead of standing stationary or moving back like Geumgangtu or Blood Storm Ninjutsu. You do not travel through other players. The full charge animation should last long enough that you can dodge the recovery kick of a grounded player.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    NeoStrayFox, Flamekiller and OchiSama like this.
  3. Panthaero

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

K+G : Vault over the attacker, grounding them. Can groundhit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G+P : Iconic ninjutsu necksnap grab.

Confirmed Supporters~

Panthaero (Cryptic)
    Gsnax (GrenadeSnax)
    12Characters (Chrome)
    ColdCornBread (Maytrix)
    Ochisama (IIOchiII)
    Shana (Shana)
    Tengu
    Wakfu (Wakfu)
    Dkxcrow
    NeoStrayFox (RockHoward)
    SoarRF
    Cielos (iEdgar(?))

Credits
    Draygashi, for the input buttons.
    Zedk8, for Raven movelist visuals.
    CookiezRF, for the Darksider visuals.
    TheKnox, for the Red Rock Ninjutsu visuals.
    PricetagRF, for Tengoryu Karate visuals.
    Gearman, for inspiration on kick combo synergy.
    IllusionStar, for feedback regarding the load of the kit.
    Tengu, for feedback on finalization.
    PatrickRF, for Another Infinite Ninjutsu visuals.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    NeoStrayFox and Wakfu like this.
  4. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

This scroll seems like its has a good premise but just seem like it has too many short combos to have three launchers then some of those combos PPP and KPK seem like they wouldn't work for juggling. If your going for the trickster scroll you can fill it up with some combos to make them drop there guard to attack and some better combos. As a perk of RF is you don't have to make them how they are used but a representation of it or a cool use of their moveset.

For example, KKP is nice but you can have it use "Black Hole" that hits and evades but puts the players back to the opponent and this would be "Kick 3" and "Kick 4 (K/P)" can be a teleport into "Death from Above (P)" or "Blind Ghost (K)" so it would look like KKKP/KKKK. These two combos KKP and KKKK/KKKP would allow the player to either attack with KKP alot so when if the opponent tries to counter attack you can switch to KKKK and counter their counter attack.

Side note - Master Raven and Female Bruce are part of the Jin Kazama invasion as Jin has taken Kazuya's role as protagonist in Tekken since Tekken 3.

5. Benoon

Benoon Well-Known Member

No.

6. Panthaero

The idea behind the several launchers is that none of them is particularly reliable. PK is the best at first glance, because you can just throw it out. The dodge is probably actually best since it can evade grabs and attacks. KPK would be comparable to Shaolin Snake's PPKK. As far as juggling combos, PPKK should be the only one, as it would do the most damage. The other combos are all just more effective when the opponent is able to actually react (aka on the ground). I want the scroll to be representative of the character, rather than me creating something entirely new. I guess you could say I'm trying to translate his movelist between the two games?

I actually want my scroll to shy away from the kick combos, because I think too many scrolls follow this "lul kick to win because meta" formula and I'm not about it. For that reason the two combos are bland and risky respectively. Do you think I might have limited their function too much? I'm considering having KKP charge into an unblockable (animation d3 or whatever shinobi cyclone is), as a way to make KPK viable. Or maybe KKP should use the rolling animation to bait out a counter... :thinking emoji:

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware. I hope we can get more women with less clothes in this franchise :3

Anything else to add benoon?

7. GSnax

GSnax New Member

Dope ass scroll, not too op, not too extra, JUST RIGHT!

Panthaero likes this.
  8. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

support ign chrome

Panthaero likes this.
  9. Aerlot

Aerlot Clean Up Crew

This seems like a Good concept but not very functional when used by players. Especially so on maps with edges. But other than that this would make a good addition to the current scrolls in the game. U may just want to edit the scroll in terms of certain effects or combos when put in the game.

10. Panthaero

Could you be more specific? Also what's your IGN?

11. Panthaero

It doesn't really have any of the common ninjutsu elements (charge punch, sweeping kicks, aerial combos) so I decided against including that in the title. Instead I used the romanji for the Japanese term 'crow' as a tip of the hat.

12. Panthaero

Change it how?

13. Panthaero

Hello stranger, now you probably dont read the comments anyways, but since youre here I wanna ask you to comment your "in game name" after you vote. It's hard for me to record the players that support this otherwise.

14. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Support!

15. Panthaero

Thank you, I appreciate the support. If think of any changes lemme know.

Stop using so much str, I wanna win too sometime : ^)

16. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Don't worry just do this P,P,P then the following P-P.... until shell break then K,K-K,K... until dead lol.

17. Panthaero

Once youre at PPP They can easily turn around and counter or otherwise.

18. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I was just joking but I do find it funny that I normally have to point things out like what you said in most scrolls that put evades mid combo and not the hit and evade like what can be fought in volt and cyclone.

Funniest example was that they stated you can't turn block the attack after your behind them but you got behind doing something like PP>P< that lol.

19. Panthaero

I never use gentlemen pppp because pppkp is better. Red Rock only has PPKK. As far as pressure goes ppkk would be used more and pppp is about that risk reward that I love in Raven.

20. Panthaero

I don't mind there being a little counter play involved, so I wanted to design with weaknesses in mind. You helped a lot with making it better though.

They wouldn't be able to turn even if the third punch hit? But Metatron kG P can be turn blocked