Save Tao Server from Extinction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sprigus, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sprigus

Sprigus Active Member

As the title says, So many new and old players Flocked to YIN Server. For the fresh start, Now the server is pretty much dead. If something isnt done this server will die completely. Either merge servers or add some Tao Only Events Please. Maybe add an Extra +1x during events or something that YIN doesn't have to motivate players to play here. Also, when players sign in from Steam, YIN is always the server that is selected.

Most the players don't even know you can change the server by clicking that. Maybe make that more noticeable, or Let them pick a sever before one is selected for them. Im sure i speak for most of Tao when I say something needs to be done before no one is on TAO. and Those that refuse to switch will just quit. Bring on Some Tao Server events. Maybe GM battles or something in BP. GMs VS Players. Something..

#SaveTao

dingor and soloseff like this.
  2. soloseff

soloseff Member

i feel like they should merge the servers after a month or something

Both servers are not active enough but tao is even worse

If they don't merge then there is no use in playing tao any longer, it will die out soon.

3. Tussaud

Tussaud Member

When exactly in 9Dragons history a PvP server has lived longer than a PvE one?

balb1n0 and Okiku like this.
  4. Blaze

Blaze Member

No, dont merge tao with its p2w items to yin

Okiku likes this.
  5. dingor

dingor New Member

That's what i was thinking other day. What's the benefit of playing Tao instead of Yin for new players?

The server will unfortunately die that way.

6. Blaze

Blaze Member

At least you need to work for it, not swipe thousands of blue boxes to easily get them.

loafgehasd, jayjay24 and Okiku like this.
  7. Chrizie

Chrizie Member

If you ask me, this has to be done:
    - Change default server on startup to 'Choose server', so people will have to click on it to choose and see there are more servers;
    - Change the server names to 'Tao - PvE' and 'Yin - PvP';
    - Make Tao maps completely non-PvP, only make Bloody Plain and Cave of the Conqueror PvP;
    - Do separate events for each server (for example: Black vs White on Yin, monster/boss spawn in Hefei on Tao);
    - NEVER EVER merge the servers.

khanarya, loafgehasd and balb1n0 like this.
  8. Tussaud

Tussaud Member

Please, stop repeating the same ******** all over again. Tao won't die anytime soon and it's most definitely not even close to dying.
    The most rational thing to do is what @KProphetK said. They should add tags for PvE and PvP next to the server names. I am sure that most players go to Yin right now because it's newer, but they don't have an idea that it is a PvP server. After a few months Yin will probably have less people than Tao. It has always been like this. Moreover, any PvP server is not a friendly one, so it's not suitable for newbies, who play for first time. The way RF have done it, every new player will go to Yin and will constanly get pked, without a chance to learn and try more aspects of the game. So the number of new players who actually quit is going to be significantly higher.
    Also I haven't seen a PvP server who outlives a PvE one. So Yin will be a ghost town long before Tao.

balb1n0 likes this.
  9. Chrizie

Chrizie Member

Totally wrong, as long as they don't make the maps non-pk in Tao, there's practically no difference between the two servers. Besides the anti-pk buff which is only obtainable from cavity press (and this buff has had its glitches and bugs as well).
    You also should know that Yin came out almost the same time they connected with Steam. Which means more players starting on Yin, since it's a new server and you can't tell the difference with Tao.
    No matter how much faith you have for Tao, this server will die if some drastical things aren't taken care of (as I stated before).

loafgehasd likes this.
  10. Surya053

Surya053 New Member

Ahri and his team was trying to scam all TAO server usd that had been sent to RF before.
    Hope you guys realised what's going on. Shut TAO off. Scam all usd. And make yang server.

11. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Agree with the suggestions.

• Yin should not be automatically selected at login screen
    • Make both servers visible and let players choose by their own
    • Servers must be noted with "PvE" and "PvP"

Let's see if this thread will get GM's attention.

loafgehasd, balb1n0 and MommaBear like this.
  12. MommaBear

MommaBear New Member

I am a personal friend of Prophet (Girlfriend to be exact) and I made my account and started to play and I ended up on Yin, where I wanted to be with Torey on Tao. I didnt know when I installed Steam like he asked me to, that I had a choice of servers. So I ent where it sent me and that was to the PvP server (where I do not wish to play.)

So Yes, they need to do something so that players know where they are headed. I played for a few days on Yin before I realized I was being attacked by other players. I called Torey and he told me I was on the wrong server and to log out of steam, load it back up and then click on Yin so that the server list would come up.

Only then did I see or know that there was 2 servers.

Sadly Torey laughed at me and I do remember him telling me to select my server by clicking on Yin when I logged in, but I forgot. Deleted that char and now I with him on Tao!

Ty baby!

13. bloodwyn

bloodwyn New Member

I started playing on Yin server, and as before I like playing healer. I was grinding in cc3, where mobs were orange for me. It is sad that griefers come there - not giving names - they just come there with +9 weapons, +30 levels higher and pk lowbies. It is qite frustrating because I died twice trying to do rtd quests. Now am seriously thinking to shift to Tao server. My question is - because I do not remember - is tao PVE server?

14. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Unfortunately, noted the servers PvE and PvP won't be possible since Tao has PvP maps.

Could someone make a guide on Steam Discussion on how to select a server at the login screen and the server differences? Much appreciated.

15. Michiyo

Michiyo Well-Known Member

lols you are so mean...but true. Its really awkward seeing GM asking players to do an official guide for server selecting... @@'

loafgehasd and KProphetK like this.
  16. Tussaud

Tussaud Member

Why does Tao still have PvP maps, except BP of course, when you have just opened a brand new full PvP server?
    The most logical thing is to have a PvP server and a PvE one. When one of them dies, merge them and make it a hybrid for both PvP and PvE. But right now I don't see what is the reason for Tao not being a PvE server.

balb1n0 likes this.
  17. loafgehasd

loafgehasd New Member

Hahaha noice

18. loafgehasd

loafgehasd New Member

Hi guys, just a nobody who's reading thru forum.
    1st) peeps claiming yin is pvp server :/.. did GM made announcement of that? Or where you guys get the source from?

Cuz i think their intention of making new server- Yin, is becuz of new startup source from steam and maybe other possible reason but not making another server to differentiate which is PvP or PvE..

Therefore, without them(GM/devs) making a declaration of Tao being PvE, Yin being PvP, you guys cant go around telling peeps Tao is pvp and yin is pvp

19. loafgehasd

loafgehasd New Member

1st) peeps quitting cuz server PvP
    2nd) peeps quitting cuz server PvE
    3rd) peeps quitting cuz server dead
    Server can barely balance out and over the past few years, one server is bound to die.(dead server took out 50% players and game dies faster)
    If noone can agree to live in both PvP, PvE circumstances, end up making extreme bias server to Only pvp or pve, im sure it is not rf killing the game.. it is yall that kills the game(repeats endless cycle). You guys think of what yall want but nvr gave a thought for the others. End up publisher doing what u guys want and piss others off, without stronger community, game dies. Im not trying to lecture or what, just telling u guys, b4 u come up with ur displeasure, think of the setbacks that will result in ur suggestions. We need a stronger community to help the game last longer, not ruin the game with broken community.

P.S. not voicing out to disturb or annoy peeps, nor am i bias to anyone. Just wanna promote to build a stronger community.

20. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

I swear 9d has the most entitled, bitching community I've ever seen. All people do is ***** and complain and seldom give any constructive criticism.
    This new yin server is the best server that I've played in. The removal of blue boxes, trigrams and BE from login events has made the server much more even.

loafgehasd likes this.