[RESULTS] Scroll/ExoCore/Winter Outfit

Discussion in 'Events' started by [GM]Gourdy, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

BlowJobJiuJitsu likes this.
  2. tinythe

tinythe Well-Known Member

may all your attacks be slow and your animations awkward

BlowJobJiuJitsu, Frostwich and SoarRF like this.
  3. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Someone needs to make a Super Sayain type of exo with aura around the body... One that boost speed and str and SP and the other skill can be kamehameha or galick gun .-.

4. madaraxxv

madaraxxv Creator of Snuff

[​IMG] So.....

Wassup with that Exocore Contest? Can we squeeze 1 more person in?;)

iMino likes this.
  5. CowsOfTheOcean

CowsOfTheOcean Active Member

Then you helped make a bad scroll but You yourself made a good scroll i guess good Sir

Lmao BJJ would just be a pain for the Dev's

iMino likes this.
  6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

How? Many of it's attacks are either already in the game or are easily capable within the game's mechanics.

BJJFromGJJ and BlowJobJiuJitsu like this.
  7. BlowJobJiuJitsu

BlowJobJiuJitsu Member

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  8. iMino

iMino Well-Known Member

SoarRF and BlowJobJiuJitsu like this.
  9. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

no pls

10. iMino

iMino Well-Known Member

Gift me the scroll too :3 ?

11. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

win the giveaway ill host in the near future

iMino likes this.
  12. tinythe

tinythe Well-Known Member

they aren't going to

because they won't implement it:eek::eek::eek:

iMino and BlowJobJiuJitsu like this.
  13. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

Nominix got us waiting to see our fck'd up suggestions like:

[​IMG]

Zeept, iMino and BlowJobJiuJitsu like this.
  14. BlowJobJiuJitsu

BlowJobJiuJitsu Member

If they don't add the jump punch to your scroll I'm not buying

Tengu and iMino like this.
  15. CloudyChains

CloudyChains Creator of Catastrophe

Hypothesis: (It's a long one to explain but if I'm right, everyone's scroll will have a high chance of being implemented and it should explain everything in a way people understand.)

Desclaimer: this is only a hypothesis; there is no proof until we get further evidence.

Perhaps when they were looking at the suggestions, they gathered together all the entries from each region and decided on a certain total for each section (Scroll, Exocore, Outfit). For example, the total number of sufficient entries are 34 and there are 12 spots in total that would be allowed through. In this example, they would look at all 32 suggestions and pick the top 12, without limiting the winner amount to 3 for each region.

This would explain there being only 2 winners for the exocore event; there was a better suggestion that took up that spot from a different region. It would also explain there being 10 scrolls getting through; perhaps there were only 1 or 2 entries that were sufficient from the other regions. It's as simple as that right? They just decided to stop following the rules and judge as they saw fit..right?

Wrong. We haven't taken into account the fact that the Outfit contest happened to stay within the official guidelines of there being 3 winners. You may think this could be a coincidence but I doubt it. This is where it gets tricky:

After Nimonix gathered the suggestions, they actually stuck to the judging criteria and split them into the different regions and took the top 3 from each of those regions. Stay with me here. After they obtained the top 3, they realised there are better suggestions in the scroll contest for the NA region than the others (assuming there's more than one). They then decided to let a larger amount of suggestions from our region through seeing as they were more to their liking as opposed to the other regions who may have only entered half-decent entries into that contest; it was to fill in the gaps. It could also be a matter of not enough sufficient entries. The same sort of thinking can be applied to the Exocore and Outfit contests.

In conclusion, if we put together both of those ideas, we have a pretty solid hypothesis: (we'll use the Scroll contest as an example seeing as it is the most peculiar)

Nimonix decided on a total amount of suggestions that would win the event. After trying to meet the criteria of there being 3 winners for each region, noticed a large amount of insufficient scroll ideas from one region and a large amount of sufficient scroll ideas from another; ours. This lead to the final decision that there would be 10 winners here and 0-2 winners in different regions.

This would explain the strange inconsistency in the results and the fact that the Outfit contest was the only one that happened to stay within the official guidelines as opposed to the Scroll and Exocore contests.

Shana and tamirtov like this.
  16. BlowJobJiuJitsu

BlowJobJiuJitsu Member

1 problem, the winners would be lesser than or equal to three depending on how the entries were. The reason they wanted more entries is because there is variety. They stayed true to both the exo and clothing guidelines but completely broke the scroll guidelines (as well as breaking me). They were either pleased with the scroll contest designs mainly because we've been getting almost only scroll updates for the last few months. Or didn't want cause an upset and came in with the PC mindset of everyone winning (highly unlikely)
    Ps I didn't read the entire thing

17. CloudyChains

I can tell. I don't blame you though, it is a very long post. I posted it for those who may be interested. (I don't expect that to be more than 1-2 if any at all)

Edit: I now see you were addressing my final paragraph. Perhaps it didn't come out as clearly as I had thought. What I meant by the Exocore contest also being slightly inconsistent was the fact that there were decent suggestions that could have also been implemented. This lead to the confusion for people after seeing only 2 winners in that contest when there were quite a few entries that could have taken the third spot. The purpose of my post was mainly to clear confusion for everyone regardless of which contest they were involved in.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  18. BlowJobJiuJitsu

BlowJobJiuJitsu Member

Point still stands, we've been getting a **** ton of new scrolls and even if gem did have a contest (from what I'm aware of they don't have these little events as they're in closer contact with devs anyway) they would pick a large number of scrolls anyway.

Shina and CloudyChains like this.
  19. CloudyChains

Could you elaborate a little more? From what you're saying I can understand that scrolls are a more common addition to the game in contrast with Exocores and outfits. However, I am failing to understand whether this is a new theory to explain their motives or a relevant point being made to my previous post.

20. BlowJobJiuJitsu

BlowJobJiuJitsu Member

more of an addition to your post, they churn out exos almost every 2 weeks. Some are half assed and uncreative so they benefitted a lot from picking more scrolls. We haven't had a shop outfit update I'm almost a year and exos are decently popular but probablynot needed now since we have the new class specific boxed exos that go with the RFJP art.

Oh and the reason we don't get clothing updates is because people like still using quiet genius and Omni eyes to get E pus

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    CloudyChains likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.