R-Break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaoKahn93, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaoKahn93

ShaoKahn93 Active Member

This is a question for people who know about r-break. Okay so last year a couple friends and I practiced r-breaking, only to realize it was patched. When you do it correctly it would g-mode the hit but it would lock you into a walking animation so you couldn't attack so we started using it to walk out of combos. But lately I've seen people doing it like it was before (gmoding a hit and being able to combo and combo-break). Here is a video of what it looked like when it was patched. sorry i dont have a video of what its supposed to be like.

I know the video sucks and is choppy but you will notice that when the r-break happens it suspends me into the walking animation. And you don't have to turn around like that to do it, I was only doing that because the bot only does single hits. i just want to know if it works properly again.

tamirtov, HumoLoco and Shana like this.
  2. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Opposite of 4b???
    l0l

3. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

R break is really a impractical tactic In live game. I believe it all depends on which hit you try to R break on. There are a couple more variables that affect R breaking in practice mode that aren't present when doing it in Live game.

R break is one of the most complicated breakpoint tricks so its pretty hard to explain but I believe R break works like this :
    1. Turn backwards before hit.
    2. Block
    Turning and activating a block are breakpoints.So by Doing BLOCK + TURN at the same time you create a breakpoint collision. Breakpoint collision is the key to all tricks but some tricks require two breakpoint collisions...

for example Super low jump utilizes two breakpoint collisions:
    Low Jump Breakpoint Collision & BLOCK +Turns Breakpoint Collision(BPC) = even smaller low jump.

Now Rbreak utilities two breakpoint collisions as well.
    (but is not entirely controlled by you...making it more complicated and hard to time)
    BLOCK+Turn BPC & Releasing Block + opponents attack BPC (Then turn) = temporary broken Block/god mode

So depending on which scroll hit you end up R breaking will effect the R break differently because of the block stun, speed of combo(delay or no delay).

The problems that effect R break is it looks like lag to most people and that it also could be a combo break because of a spike. It is a lot easier to R-breaking on practice a mode where there is no lag in the offline mode and the hits are by singles. in a live game where people are doing mulitple hits at a time is where it gets complicated an impractical.(But to make R Break more piratical I would suggest only do it with speeds scrolls that have quick combos with short down time(zin) or scrolls with iframe hits(agent, mach, tengo, tiger, boran)

PS: Low jump, air borne jump, block drop , levi, run drop, pbreak and 4b are all tricks possible because of breakpoint collision

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    ahakasha, Joelruan, tamirtov and 4 others like this.
  4. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

nerd

ignori, LightskinPapi, Yeezus and 3 others like this.
  5. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Fixed:cool:

tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I have been doing that for almost 10 years.. but now...

tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  7. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

thats just one half to the puzzle but ye a lot of people use the this breakpoint and dont even notice.

By doing TURN+ punch/ kick you can break the walking animation and start running
    by doing TURN+Nammu u break the nammu animation and end up loosing your nammu...
    By doing Punch --- TURN+EXO you can break the exo transformation.

tamirtov and Shana like this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

yea. most of they dont notice it. that is what i use at mostly.

tamirtov likes this.
  9. Midna

Midna Member

Just passing through :D

10. LeeHyunJoon

LeeHyunJoon Member

Do people still do these things? Life was simpler when fauxing was still a thing

tamirtov likes this.
  11. ShaoKahn93

ShaoKahn93 Active Member

you don't have to turn around

12. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

True any direction key is a breakpoint

13. Pfresh4ever

Pfresh4ever Active Member

i have played this game for 5 years and i have never seen this glitch so how long did it take you to make this video????

14. Joelruan

Joelruan Member

thats why we have this clown neo!!!

15. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Close but missing some info. There is 2 forms of R-Breaking.

Before going into subject, I'll just let you all know that R-Breaking is a result in the coding of RF and is constantly changed. It has forever been this way since the release of RF and I highly doubt it will be patched for good. R Breaking typically changes places with updates in the actual Physics system if ever something unknown is touched (of if Nimonix tries modifying that specific thing).

Currently the R break point is from very close range, As to where in this video its more back level range. I see a bunch of people crying lag lately because of the current R Break position. Depending on the scroll your against (The amount it pushes your guard back vs how much it follows you), You can land exactly in that position and god mode the hit. All you need to do is unblock and sometimes move foward abit and you will R-Break.

The second R Break method is the dead character hitbox range (targetable pixels) vs the dead range in scrolls. It looks like it should connect but the hit is only coded in a specific target range, such as Stringers second punch going far to once side and everything on the other side (even slightly) will appear to "godmode" it.

16. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

I think it has to deal more with breaking guard animation that's causing temporary gmode because breaking the frame delays the block from ending is logical in this game. blind spots on the opponent scroll could be the cause as well i guess on low stun hits more but after each update the physics do change. That why when you run a non updated version of RF you see opponents frames all corrupted. They panic every time they punch , counter in air when doing a jump kick, or nammu every time they grab. its all random but the game physics are changing every update.

I'm still trying to figure out if magnet grab are all because of lag .

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

There is nothing logic about R-Breaking as it is not breaking frames or forcing frames over another to do a glitch.

Its finding loopholes in the coded system and exploiting them. While speed is a factor.

18. BasedDraygashi

BasedDraygashi Active Member

I don't think it's patched, I've seen it happen and have done it on accident recently.

19. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

I'm not reading all these walls of text but it isn't patched.

tamirtov likes this.
  20. Sangria

Sangria New Member

The only person who really knows what he is talking about is branz listen to him he's the only person with mechanical knowledge i would trust, neo doesn't know a thing and copies everything he knows from people with the hope he is correct. Clown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.