[ɪᴍᴘʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ] Sacred Scroll: Heartseeker

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Shana, Apr 8, 2016.

?

Support?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2016.
  1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    91.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

My opinion is the same for all of the them

I think they are really legit suggestions because the animations are all weaved together, which is always impressive. In terms of balance, don't sweat too much of it because you can make it as powerful as you want as long as it fits the criteria of how you want the scroll to be

BJJFromGJJ and ImTweakinHoe like this.
  2. ImTweakinHoe

ImTweakinHoe Member

THANKS FOR THE INPUT! ^^ I hope your scroll gets published like seriously cuz i would absolutely love to see this in game.

Shana likes this.
  3. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

Support [​IMG]

4. Shana

Thank you!

5. CloudyChains

CloudyChains Creator of Catastrophe

I don't know what it is about this line but it gives me goosebumps. Love it.

Shana likes this.
  6. Shana

[​IMG]
    Thank you everyone for supporting!

This signature

A token of appreciation

Just for you

7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

-Pretty sure they are just gonna give this default guard or recycle Cyclone's because of how similar it is to yours. Honestly because of how mixed this is between multiple scroll's feels I think default fits here rather well.
    -Front grabs and back grabs do the same amount so if your front grab does 270 so will the back grab.
    -On the counter I think they are going to consolidate it all into one damage value as well. Not sure how multiple hit damages work during the same grab animation while also being on the ground. Seems like a LOT of extra work that wont work if a player lags i.e. Krav and Aikido being broken for a handful of months and even then Aikido still has problems.
    -The scroll needs a gimmick unique to itself to set it apart from other scrolls. Personally I think the PPPP would be good as a left-sided knockback attack. Not having something unique to the scroll will harm it in the long run if it actually hits the shop.
    -The kG by itself seems rather vanilla. I might just be saying this because I know it's cammy that performs it but Liberty's >>G might work well here as a combat grab since this is already an offensive type grapple scroll and currently only throws backward. Plus it'd make the kG less lonely.
    [​IMG]
    -Speaking of being a high offensive grapple scroll this is 90% gonna be boxed for having a back grab, two charges that guard break (maybe nerf PPP{P} to not break), a buffed version of Drunken Master's combo layout (easy and efficient) and kicks with stats along the lines of Shoot Boxing... lol But it's still pretty balanced so then again maybe not! We never know. I think BJJ will get boxed but this is super duper efficient.

Sh*t I might buy it and especially so if it had a left-side knockback and/or Liberty's >>G. Definitely. Good work! Glad to see something competitive enter the contest. :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Shana likes this.
  8. Shana

Thanks for the feedback!

I adjusted the PPP(Pcharge) to be unsafe on block (it is now blockable), even when fully charged now.
    The PPPP knockback is now a knockback that sends the opponent to the left (I really love this idea)

This way, PPPP's only charge utility is triangle attacks, and mindgames (similar to Zin TKD's PKK). The new knockback gives the scroll the depth it needs to have its own role for a combo (I really love this idea as well).

I reduced the kG's grounded damage from 120 --> 100
    and the back grab's damage is now reduced to match the front grab's damage

I can't add a >>G because I typed this post to the absolute maximum capacity. It's currently 9917 characters, and 20/20 images. I wish I could

9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Yep as BJJfromGJJ figured out we can put in more images thru attachments.

Nothing wrong with the kG's damage it was fine as 200/120*

Just checked and Liberty's >>G does 230dmg if you add it in after all.

EDIT: Okay I totally forgot to touch on the price. I'd raise it another 100rc up to 1150rc, same as Abyss but 40rc lower than White Fang. Carat wise this feels really good to only be 4k higher than Kingpin, Red Leg and Lemon Bag. By design I feel this is an astro scroll.

10. Shana

It's all good I'm fine with having no >>G. I'll make that a downside for having really good combo properties (I really do want this scroll to have some effect in the 1vs1 scene)

I put the groundhit damage to 120 again

Thanks again

Edit: yeah about that attachment thing. I think I would still exceed the limit too since I do make my text in a very organized manner, and it would also contribute to the 10000 character rule

Edit: I wish I had res posts under my first post. But I sent a ticket about the concern and got a reply that it is not possible. The struggle is real

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

"Liberty's >>G" isn't 83 characters tho <3 Its a good scroll either way

Shana likes this.
  12. Shana

Yeah I could raise the price if the pricing isn't right.

I'm always thinking that the price is going to be set by dev's standards anyway, so Tiny suggested me that it would probably be 1050RC since his scroll got priced that way too

But if 1050RC is too low of a price, I'll have to change it (I did sort of put the price with the scroll image, so I need to do some photoshopping for that)

Edit: and about the carat pricing, a friend of mine told me to just set it at 60k for lols. Idk how I could go about pricing the carat version tbh

13. tinythedepressed

tinythedepressed Well-Known Member

remake thread because supports don't matter anymore

12characters and Shana like this.
  14. Shana

oh man that's hard for me to do

It took forever to get this support count

always fun to see the support count go up, even though it doesn't matter as much anymore

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Icebreaker has it's limitations tho. It's slow and its combos lack good mid-combo finishers whereas this has very efficient finishers i.e. PPK, KK(G+K) and KP all being early finishers occurring after your first to second confirmation hits. I actually retract my rare statement, to me tho the scroll seems exactly on par with Abyss at 1150rc if it had a >>G, 1100rc without a >>G. If I had to put a carat price on this it would be mid 60s like 63k-66k.

EDIT: Since you just updated I think it'd be better to leave the charged PPPP as safe otherwise theres no reward for the risk.

Shana likes this.
  16. Shana

alright I'll work on it

and I fixed the pricing

Edit: so should the PPPP fully charge be advantageous on block like BWN/Blackout? or should the blockstun just be enough to react to an attack, rendering it safe

Edit: I made it basically BWN's fully charged punch for now

17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Either way works in my opinion. Its however you want the scroll to flow while you use it. ^^

Just looked at your back grab change and I think you still misunderstand. If the front grab does 270 then the back grab does 270, not 140+130=270. I'm not saying it can't have an additional damage hit happen, tho in this case it doesnt fit well, but if it did the first damage it did would have to be the same value as your front grab. Even Muscle Buster's grabs only do 260.

Scroll guides to compare damage values
    http://rfscrolls.pbworks.com/w/page/44168161/Tier List

Also on your counter if youre comparison point is Sambo with another break during the grab it should do more damage than Sambo's counter which does 270.

Shana likes this.
  18. Shana

yeah ur right I'm just gonna take away the double hits then

And I changed the counter dmg. It does make sense though since it would be weird to think that one armbar does more dmg than 2 armbars

edit: Combat Sambo's page is missing for me

19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You can find a working link in the A-E alphabetical section. Liberty is there as well.

Shana likes this.
  20. Shana

whoa that works

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.