End of Open Beta Test

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Feb 23, 2016.

1. 8291bola015

8291bola015 Member

2. 8291bola015

8291bola015 Member

Never played in acclaim days, so leave the game. So many ppl will stop to play with high rates. This isn't a private server that you grind for hunt OP itens. You must enjoy all game, hunting bosses with your party. This rate is good and not impossible to grind if you have pupils.

qinfort likes this.
  3. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

Doing this will also increase the occurrences of false reporting, where players may have the best intentions but report other legitimate players based solely on a suspicion, or players who just want to report any player because they want the reward. Which in turn, of course, causes more work for admins/GMs having to sift through each report to ascertain its veracity.

I like the idea, but it will have other flow on effects to be taken into consideration.

4. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

This is why 'bounties' are only rewarded when an exploit has been identified, reproduced by the company and then fixed. Red Fox receives a report on a potential exploit and if they can reproduce it and fix it, the player who submitted the report is rewarded. If it's a false report, nothing is given to them.

5. Alamareth

Alamareth New Member

I'm sorry man, but your stance is simply shameful. Rewards are given for bug finding in testing phases, which this largely is not (due to information being carried over to release). Once you leave the testing phase, if you break the rules you get banned. Period. There are no exceptions. RedFox needs to adopt a zero tolerance policy.

As players, we all have a vested interest in this game functioning as intended. Therefore, it is our responsibility to report actions that are suspicious and certainly not spread potential exploits or use them for personal gain. I don't know where you live, but the world just does not function in the way you describe. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break the law.

6. Blitzcronk

Yeah good luck with that mentality and the actual mentality of the community, any exploits that are found are not shared with the staff. Breaking the rules resulting in a ban would probably work if there were active staff to deal with the reports, there are an abundance of people actively using exploits and are they being banned, no.

I agree it's utterly shameful and the world doesn't revolve around this philosophy but it does work for the largest company in the world: https://www.google.co.uk/about/appsecurity/reward-program/

7. Alamareth

Alamareth New Member

Your argument is horrendous and attitude absolutely abhorrent to any gamer of longterm experience. I am embarrassed for you and your guild. If RedFox decides to reward cheaters, then I will commit now that I will not top-up after release and everyone else should do the same. It's simply not acceptable.

Your example is also insulting to your intelligence. There are real monetary effects to gaps in Google's security. That's real life, we are talking about a game. Game breaking bugs should be reported because you should want a game that is balanced and fun to play. Exploits degrade both.

EDIT:

Also, Google - the largest company in the world? What the....I don't think they are even in the top 25.

I'm also fairly sure ArenaNet and Blizzard don't do exactly what you are talking about, nor will they (unless I've missed something recently). The time for simple rewards was CB. That time has passed. If you exploit and gain and advantage you deserve to be punished, with a minimum temp ban or item removal. That's the only fair way of managing it. If you or anyone else has been exploiting even something minor since the beginning of OTB, you deserve to be deleted.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  8. burhan1

burhan1 New Member

hey GM i am not go to any dungeon
    why?
    i want to complete my rtd
    i want to go in valley of hell dungeon

MarleyKing63 likes this.
  9. Blitzcronk

Big companies do this, one example:
    http://www.riotgames.com/security-vulnerability-reporting

This game doesn't have the funds or resources to find every single exploit and there are many, many players know of them. Offering players an incentive to help fix the game and prevent high levels running around with maximum refined weapons, why is that such a 'horrendous attitude'?

10. ZeroBurner

ZeroBurner New Member

My first approach was to stay as more as possible out from any discussion like that, but like that is not possible.
    All the 9dragons publisher closed 9dragons and give it away and this was not caused by the game, that as a matter of fact is probably the best MMORPG ever released, but it was caused mainly from the community...
    a PVP server is more fun but we should align on the meaning of fun, most of the people in the community does not ever know what is pvp, they know only pk. running on maps with people more than 50 level lowers than them and killing... this is harassing not pvp. that's the reason why the pvp servers always failed, the one that didn't fail was the first Asura server in acclaim, that because at that time the hard level limit was cs and there was not so many discrepancy of levels, now you can have huge differences.
    During those days peoples has written lotta of stuff talking of things they don't know at all...
    Maps pvp/pve mode is a flag in the map conf file, it can be changed easily (And believe me, I know the server files like my pockets ;))
    The antipk bug was always present
    The bugs that RedFox can fix quicky are not so much, since most of them must be fixed from the owner of the game or at least require lot of testing and reverse engineering on the code, so give redfox the time to do their work on the stuffs and be pro positive instead of crying.

@RedFox as a matter of fact all the PVP servers finish to be empty, lot of people give up because they are killed just for fun hundred of times from the same masked nubs running on the map feeling strong because they killed a person 50 levels below. if you cannot fix the antipk buff please start in pve and then move to pvp server when you fix that bug...

MarleyKing63, qinfort, Dromi and 3 others like this.
  11. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

You are right....thumbs up

12. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

Yes, at least allow people to use anti-pk buff in CC or allow Check in at Bloody Plain or in CC...

13. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Look I know we are pretty much on the same side of this, but you PvP players really need to get over yourselves.

Fun is subjective. Some people only like PvP in duel situations, or going to a map like BP. IE, they only like to PvP when it's their choice to do it. They don't like getting ambushed or jumped.

Some people, myself included, don't like PvP at all.

To those people, a PvP server is NOT more fun. And it never will be. There is nothing special about PvP, it's just a way to play a game. Some people like it, some people like it on their terms, some people don't like it at all.

9Dragons is a very niche game, it's also now very outdated. PvP RPGs are also a very niche style of game play. Even the biggest MMORPG in the world only has about 40% of their servers as PvP servers. Most of the one's I've played have maybe 20%.

The reason the PvP servers fail is because overlap in the venn diagram of people who will play this game, and like open-pvp RPGs, is tiny. PvP players tend to be hardcore gamers, and hardcore gamers chase whatever is new and most able to feed their addiction. This game aint it.
    MOBAs are the PvP game type of choice for PvP players now.

14. ZeroBurner

ZeroBurner New Member

Totally agree, that's why I jump back to the suggestion to open the server in PVE until the pk buff is fixed.
    PVP areas will be mantained but this will not be for the entire server.

MarleyKing63 likes this.
  15. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

hermit needs to be fixed in cc and blody plain. the poison resistance buff doesnt work.

the rates should be doubled. 0.0x at cs lvl is way to low. how do you expect people to ever grind all the way up to HG? and for the guys complaining that it would be way to easy. we want to enjoy high lvl content just as much as low lvl content. so please.

skill xp rate... seriously 0.01 on my med at c1? what am i supposed to do? use 15 10*2 manuals to max it out... even with low xp we all out lvl our smashes way to fast.

fix the anti pk buff. some of us just go in cc because we have too. from sm10 onwards where are we supposed to grind bessides cc? also... if you cant give that buff you could at least fix the guy that lets you revive at BP entrance.

empty boxes on dungeon runs... really. i solo voh for 20 boxes of something and 40 empty boxes?

other then that i have to say i love this version. rtds are 10x easier. i actually want to do them while i lvl. wanted system works great bessides the exploit but even that seems to bug some people so im fine with it.

MarleyKing63 and miakoling like this.
  16. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

That's sad to said but when there are such issue people don't report it and find better to use it in game...
    For the latest year I saw that it wasn't possible for GM to catch all the bug abuser. And even worst when I had reported some exploit back on GC sometimes GM were absolutely not aware of the issue while it was in game for age....
    I think you should change the way of thinking for huge exploit report. There are not much player here which report such bug (there are not much player that report normal bug also lmao...).
    In the case a player report properly an exploit bug and that you are able to reproduce it (and that the bug is not already reported of course), you should give him a nice in game reward. Of course you should apply this only for exploit issue report.

dixbutts likes this.
  17. Vgtladypeace

Vgtladypeace Member

Anti pk buff wel why not implent the Huge Gamerfirst RUN You cant pK people with 12 lvl or more Differance lol only ck couls

MarleyKing63 likes this.
  18. 1bearcats2

1bearcats2 New Member

Wow Deja Vu! At GC the last year Venus started the same kind of deal with regards to exploits. Report the offending player & will reward you! What happened, theses same clowns promoting this same idea here, then went out of thier way sharing/telling newbs (which then spread all over the server, why do they say so many are known now!) how to use the exploits they had been silent about for years, just to report them & claim a bounty when the newbs tried what thier supposed league mates / friends/ masters/ etc tought & encouraged them to use! No , screen shots of conversations & direct harsh action by the co. is required. This enforcement has been missing for so long & is 1 of the reasons why these ppl keep getting away with the abuse.

19. Dromi

Dromi Member

+1 on the award something for reporting new bugs...ppl that say blizz and arenanet dont do this.. are you serious... those companies have like thousands of employees ingame tools to sniff out hacks and what not... its like comparing apples and oranges, GM's here said themselves they have never played the game so they know nothing of the vulnerabilities and exploits that are in game, how are they gonna catch the exploiters/cheaters/hackers?

+1 also on the idea to start the game in PVE mode untill anti pvp buff is fixed, if not i foresee a massive bleed out of players, keep the servers pvp with no chance to stop the random pk and you will have empty servers in 2-3 months if not sooner. Its not me saying this, experience is... ask the former publishers how did their PVP servers faired how soon they had to close them down, merge them with the pve ones.

20. Karamele

Karamele Member

I think there would be less pking if we could change our good karma for black karma and other way around.

NdOnunze, MarleyKing63 and Veltaine like this.