What keyboard do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hercule, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Hey, this thread is for comparing keyboards and their effects on the gameplay on Rumble Fighter. The purpose is for dedicated players to know of the alternatives, also to not overspend on something that might actually be worse like in my case. So i'll go first.

The keyboard I use is a Logitech G105 and they keyboard is pure junk. Either that or just not very good for Rumble Fighter. The spacing is good but whats most important is they key input. I used to be able to pbreak and air grab my ass off from one side of Chinatown to the other. Now I can barely even air grab to save my life and when I panic theres a huge delay on when I try to move. Flash rams are nonexistant, if I try to flash ram it'll mfking walk and punch because its not inputting that I double tapped fast enough. xD What irks me the most is that this keyboard is supposed to be a gaming keyboard but its slower than the Dell keyboard that came with my computer which used to be able to do what I wanted till I flying knee kicked it.

Post your keyboard, its performance and your overall satisfaction.

2. Hercule

Oh... I just switched from a TV to a real pc monitor and it actually made a big difference. I googled it and it actually is a thing something bout TV's don't actually run as smooth as a monitor and actually has a delay? Would that be a reason why my actions seem a bit off with my key input?

3. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Razer Death Stalker

RumbleNomad and Hercule like this.
  4. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Ps4 controller.

Hercule likes this.
  5. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

razer blackwidow ultimate 2013

Hercule likes this.
  6. Mitsuke

Mitsuke Clean Up Crew

Razer BlackWidow v2 Yellow Switch.

Hercule likes this.
  7. Hercule

Thanks you all for replying, I bought a Razer Cynosa Chroma since everyone seems to be using Razer to try out a cheap keyboard. It doesn't respond as fast as you guys keyboard. Idk the exact words but it's great for first actions like flash ramming or sliding but its recovery is slow, I literally watch my character just stand there after a slide animation like a sitting duck as I spam keys trying to capitalize on the moment after a slide connects. Overall at least 10x faster than the Logitech one I was using but still not there yet lol. Guess you get what you paid for, imma take it back and see what the Widow is hitting for tomorrow.

8. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Bloody b975 Optical switches are better in my opinion ,so I'm bout to get razer huntsman elite .

Hercule likes this.
  9. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

I use 3.

Razer Ornata Chroma
    Razer Blackwidow TE (Tournament Edition)
    Razer Blade Stealth (laptop keyboard)

If you like cheap keyboards and don’t mind waiting for a few days for shipping (online), you can take a look at the keyboards made by Redragon (online) or Logitech (online/local).

Hercule likes this.
  10. Hercule

And which do you use for Rumble Fighter? Whats your success rate on air grabs?

11. 1ofBJJsbannedacc

1ofBJJsbannedacc Active Member

you must have as many hands as Shiva

12. sanel50

sanel50 New Member

Corsair K95 Platinum

Hercule likes this.
  13. Starberry

All 3 are used for the game, with the laptop keyboard being used the most frequently. Air grabs register typically provided that you hit the necessary keys for it at the same time (aka the x and z button to grab by default). Results may vary.

I've used my brother's Redragon Kumara for a day or two and it works equally as well for a keyboard that costs less than $50. (This was $50 for the RGB variant). I believe it's cheaper than the Logitech G105 that you own.

Razer Ornata isn't mechanical though, it's "mecha-membrane" if that means anything to you.

14. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

OGPlanet days, this was my keyboard. Legit, THE BEST KEYBOARD I've ever used! I am faster with this than my razer lol. OR I just got old and my fingers aren't as fast anymore.[​IMG]

Hercule likes this.
  15. Hercule

My first keyboard looked JUST like this. Old AF and absolutely not meant for gaming but air grabs were legit on command. Every move I did it registered, I just want to play and be limited by my own skill rather bs. xD

I bought the Razer Cyn Chroma the day after I made this thread and it was mecha membrane and it def does feel really different I can feel it clearly after playing with this new keyboard for a day. I took back the Cyn Chroma for a Razer Huntsman today and this one is mechanical. Idk if i'm using the term correctly but on the Cyn Chroma it had rollover clicks that registered through the button mashing while on this new keyboard the mechanical everything is very much precise strokes but hella faster. I just wanted to air grab but I give up, it might just be me sucking. xD I won't spend anymore money on this lol.

16. Starberry

The Razer Huntsman features a switch designed to reduce key travel time, so that's why it actually feels faster.

You should practice with your keyboard first, as it seems like you're giving up after the first few days.

17. Hercule

Ya I heard, and not exactly. I just wanted to get one thing done that I know can be done easily once I find the problem. The mechanical keyboard is faster but its different idk. The membrane helped with flash rams and slides but i'm sticking with this one. I just did an adv first try so one problem fixed the other made worse. Pick ya poison eh.

18. Starberry

When I air grab, I would need to put a little more force on the keyboard for some reason. Maybe try that.

19. Hercule

Okay so you bout to call me a money burning random but idc, I took back the Huntsman for an Ornata Chroma. The Huntsman was exactly as you said, too mfkin fast. Also it didn't take multiple input keys very well, but it was fast af responsive. Too fast for Rumble Fighters button mashing... Or at least how I play. But this Ornata Chroma is absolutely the one. The instant I saw my air grab is back to regular after literally YEARS ... this was the one. xD Not only that it's fast like a mechanical too. I wish I knew you IG so you can see this comparison but thanks for letting me swagger jack.

20. Starberry

Good to hear that you finally found a suitable keyboard for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.