Warrior Build (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Metallurgix, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Metallurgix

Metallurgix New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have stumbled across 9dragons trailer video on Youtube and would give the game a try.

After some research, I am very interested in playing a Warrior or a Healer. I specifically like warrior since they can use the main clan Weapons and Heavely Demon Sabers look amazing. However, I have read that warriors are not good for grinding and need to meditate after 4-5 mobs. They also require HP leech equipment to grind for a long time and this requires Item Mall or large amount of money.

Could anyone enlighten me on how to build a Warrior for PVE and Dungeons? I would also like to know if it is better to go for a healer for a smoother leveling experience.

Thank You

2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

For a beginner player, I would honestly stick with a role like a warrior just because (imo) it is the easiest build to learn to play. A healer is a bit more complex as you have to carefully strike a balance between damage but remember to heal yourself - for experienced players pressing U and pressing the number on the heal is assigned to might seem trivial but for new players it can be a bit of a learning experience - again just my two cents.

Warriors in this version have had their cool downs increased so you cannot just spam your smashes in your normal rotation, you have to time your smashes a bit more before using them again. The issue with that statement about not grinding effectively, that's the same as any role. If you're under power through your gear, 3-4 mobs will normally chunk away most roles. There is the hybrid but I don't know how viable that is after looking at the changes to the roles in announcements. HP leech works but you won't be seeing that for quite some time, one because of the level required and second role masteries and two, nobody until later will have HP leeching relics or orns.

People don't realize that you cannot stand there and tank 7-8 mobs + at a time anymore, at the start the game is harder because you don't have much gear. Something that will make it a huge amount easier, at Losing Self 6 (6) you can get a quest in the first map you begin "Bamboo Village" which asks you to kill Mountain Uprooter, killing him allows you to finish the quest and receive Young Dragon Statues which you can use to upgrade a weapon 3 times into a weapon that does the same damage output as a LM player (157-168) and on top of that you can freely trade the weapon 30 times for some extra stats and refine it twice for a tiny bit extra damage. This applies to any role or any clan you choose, you can make the weapon of your choice.

Honest advice, play whatever role you like. Each clan has their own martial arts, the weapons they use (no longer as important with weapons doing the same base damage) and they have little perks and benefits that make them preferable over the other. Lots of people will criticize each other here as this is a touchy subject but just play the role you like. If you like to smash things up close, go with a Warrior. If you want to heal players and last longer on your own, a Hybrid or a Healer. If you want to do massive amounts of Chi Kung damage at the expense of being a glass cannon, become a Nuker. The choice is down to you, play the game and enjoy yourself.

Warriors grind fine, you just have to be careful of your HP and your VE and not attempt to rambo every single mob, you have to learn to lightfoot away and meditate from time to time.

The only suggestion, ask people on here what stats to build into as that is the most important, the rest boils down to which clan you like the look of, what martial arts animations interest you and the lore behind each clan.

Each clan role will do the same damage as the same opposite clan role. It comes down to clan relics, epithet bonuses for that clan, masteries and somewhat animation times.

Experiment, explore and enjoy the game. Don't follow guidelines and regulations set by other players when you're new to a game, I feel it ruins the experience.

You have the added luxury of the quest chain that allows you to choose your role has been significantly reduced so you can get your clan role much faster, experiment with your role and if you don't like it you can change roles before FD12.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Veltaine likes this.
  3. Oitza

Oitza Active Member

It wasn't RL12 last level when u can change your role?! just sayn, maybe they changed it to FD12 idk

4. Metallurgix

Metallurgix New Member

Thanks a lot for the info!
    I read your guide on the forums, but I was lost halfway through since I have'nt played the game yet. Maybe I will follow it once I get familiar with the game.

My aim is to just get to the highest level. Hence, I just need a char which can grind efficiently in PVE. I can play 4 hrs per day and don't mind killing a same monster for 4 hrs :p

I was looking into Trailers by Acclaim Games and Heavely Demon was really awesome. If I choose a warrior, I would definitely want to hold that Saber and chop away the monsters.

On a side note, is it difficult to reach the level cap using a Vegabond? I read the story where a Vegabond appears and challenges all the leader of clans for a duel and defeats them. It sound pretty cool and wish I could make 1 too.

5. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Join a friendly hero league that can support you. We're running a friendly hero league where anyone who is polite and friendly are welcome to join.

Warrior will be fine, don't worry too much just enjoy yourself and have fun with the game.

Vagabonds are extremely under powered, they no longer have access to a number of clan basic kung fu so their damage out put is extremely low. You could hit cap with a vagabond it would just take a lot longer and you will need good gear.

6. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

you have no skills. so yeah pretty darn hard. wouldnt do it for your first char

7. kashey2012

kashey2012 Member

Dexterity two points two points on the strength of Hiller

8. Metallurgix

Metallurgix New Member

Thanks for the tips.
    I am currently using Saber as a Vegabond. Its kinda getting annoying that I have to meditate after every 5 mobs. Does a healer have the same problem?

9. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

Probably not because of heals ;)

10. Veltaine

Veltaine Member