Upgrade scroll/exo option?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Windstorm, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

This is probably one of the strangest suggestions made.
    What if we could upgrade our currently existing skill items into even better ones?

Now I have to consider a few limiters, but before that, let me explain a bit about how this idea came in my head.

Most of you know about the new scrolls, BFE stuff, rare scrolls/exos, etc. I saw the Dragon Striker BFE exo-core and thought "THAT'S HILARIOUS". Seeing the result of it being used was a bunch of people getting sent off the edge and being destroyed in a matter of seconds. Now that I think about it, that's what most BFE releases do, but with a few tweaks ; +5 STR and/or combo upgrades, right?
    So then came the idea of having base scrolls/exos being upgraded by the users will. I'll leave an example here in these spoilers ;
    Dragon is a basic, all around pressure/juggle scroll being decent yet fast on nearly all inputs. Instead of listing changes, I'll say that the upgraded version can include additional combos, stat increases, special nanmus, or special bonuses for combos. (EX : Full KKK ~ KKPPK juggle -> +3 STR for 15 seconds) These would usually improve the scroll in points that it lacks. In Dragon's case (and many others), it's damage can only be achieved through juggles. With this system, Dragon's weakness is covered. Being an opponent now requires more caution to simply toy around with the user of this scroll.
    -------------------------------------
    Carrying around this exocore instantly makes you useful, wherever you go. As mentioned in the top spoiler, additional combos, stat increases, and special bonuses are an option. I also thought, "What would they think of a 3rd skill?" Probably too much, but I'll go with it anyways.

3rd Skill ( G ): User rolls back and shoots out 3 Ice Bombs (disguised as giant snowballs) that travel forward, first one dropping at a short range, second one medium, and the third one going far.

But for what reason should this be implemented in the game?
    - PvP ; It can be a unique way for players to rethink their moves against their opponents with more unknowns in that scroll/exo.
    - Arena/PvE ; There would be another useful utility function for that scroll/exocore, be it field clearing or bossing.

I'll stop here and let it sink in for a bit before adding anything else. The suggestion was sudden, so I may rethink on anything already noted.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I get what you are requesting, but considering that Nimonix is already upgrading scrolls and exocores, there's no point to it.

Fraud, lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.