Upcoming Members of this Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazer, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Kazer

Kazer New Member

As we all know, 9Dragons Awaken was once, a very well known and popular game, today it still is, however, people tend to get driven away from this beautiful game that has been on the run for almost a decade, since my last video, before the 4th of February of 2016, I decided to create another video, this time, regarding clan selection, considering people don't really know much about what this game is about when they first download it, and most of the new members don't like to read, while they download the game, why not search for basic content that can be found in YouTube?

That gives the new members of this community a better insight about what the game is about, in this case, regarding the clans.

I hope you enjoy this idea, let me know if I should continue to revive these old memories back, I'm more than glad to do it, at the moment, I have more than time to upload all before closed beta testing (CBT) starts, constructive criticism is allowed and welcome.​

2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Legit question; why do you use bold.

Are u writing an essay of some sort? Or perhaps a project for your business job.

SirMetrea likes this.
  3. Zenci

Zenci New Member

Weak.

4. sain

sain Member

Nice concept.

A couple of points I feel would improve the viewer experience:
    • The 'intro' sequence must be faster. The first 47 seconds needs to be 5 seconds. Sorry, I know this will ruin the mood and atmosphere (which overall is great by the way) but YouTube audiences have extremely low attention spans. The intro must be snappy fast and get to the point.
    • Adjust the artwork images used so as to retain the original aspect ratio. The artwork is great, but any noticeable stretching and loss of aspect ration looks unprofessional.
    Keep up the good work :)

5. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

I like the idea but I kind of seeing it being deprecated for a number of reasons. Have you ever heard the saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words' the video is a good idea but if this publisher were thinking long term for new players, they would provide role/clan information on their website or a lot of people will just log into the game and try. We've moved well past that era where you would open up a game case and have a manual giving you all the information you need and the same sort of idea has transitioned into most games.

This game doesn't have much of a learning curve behind it and you could quite easily get to know the clans and their roles just by reading what they do in-game during role select. It's a lot of work you're giving yourself for something that I don't see being used much.

What would be better, do a series on the game, record it and teach people vocally about the game. You could get a number of people in on the series to help.

Suanni likes this.
  6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

And lame.

7. Kazer

Kazer New Member

Thank for the tips, I plan on doing it in the future with another set of four videos, next time, approaching roles.

I plan on doing that, thanks for the insight anyways, I did the Wu-Tang one now.

8. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Video is 1M 46S in total, intro takes 50 seconds and outro takes 23 seconds.

Yeah no if I ever needed an editor you'd be at the bottom of my list. Also you're using material thats not even your own, use your own gameplay.

9. Kazer

Kazer New Member

Just to clarify, it being mine or not, doesn't matter, considering it doesn't infringe any copyright material, otherwise, I'd have a copyright strike on the video, which I do not have, you can give it a better try than that.

10. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Uh-huh...no, you only get a copyright strike if the copyright owner reports it, what? you think it all goes automatic?
    If that was the case, Youtube wouldn't even be able to exist, lol.

11. sain

sain Member

The lack of a copyright strike through YouTube is not a reliable determination as to whether you have infringed upon content ownership.

https://www.playredfox.com/agreement/terms
    Most assuredly Joongwon Games owns the static and rendered animated artwork associated with 9Dragons.

You do generally have the right to make use of content such as artwork within the realm of Fair Use such as:
    • Criticism & Commentary
    • Parody
    • Art
    Will any legal action be taken against you for making a fan trailer? Almost certainly not.

Even so, you should still give credit for the ownership of the original artwork and animation.

https://www.teachingcopyright.org/handout/fair-use-faq/

There is a pleasant ground where content owners and derivative content creators can happily coexist.

Be sure to know the limits however, since at the extreme end, the consequences are nothing to joke about:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...Judgment_Against_WoW_Private_Server_Owner.php

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016