Thoughts on Sage Master being perm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draygashi, May 31, 2017.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Oct 28, 2017.
  1. No change please

43.7%
  2. Keep Sage Master timed + Make an upgraded Sage Master timed

16.9%
  3. Keep Sage Master timed + Make an upgraded Sage Master perm

12.7%
  4. Make Sage Master perm

14.1%
  5. Make Sage Master perm + Make an upgraded Sage Master timed

4.2%
  6. Make Sage Master perm + Make an upgraded Sage Master perm

8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Just curious, who would rather see a Sage Master perm?

OR would you rather have a slightly upgraded Sage Master as in Sage Master SE for example perm?

Or would you rather have neither be perm because Sage Master deserves to be forever timed?

The reason for this thread is I'm about to suggest a BM where you fight a ton of Bosses like Typhoon, D-H Series Bosses, etc.

It's going to be a big BM, I want a decent reward to be in place.

I was considering doing the Sands of Time thing with Sage Master, but wanted to know what people would rather see first.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Yusuke, M4cropod and Flamekiller like this.
  2. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

I want sage master perm!!

Flamekiller likes this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

If Sage Master were to be perm, it would make sense for that to be the #1 prize for Top Spenders only

It's best to let Sage Master stay timed or very rare imo

Lubba, Rfirezilla, toons and 4 others like this.
  4. Draygashi

The reason for this thread is I'm about to suggest a BM where you fight a ton of Bosses like Typhoon, D-H Series Bosses, etc.

It's going to be a big BM, I want a decent reward to be in place.

I was considering doing the Sands of Time thing with Sage Master, but wanted to know what people would rather see first.

tamirtov, M4cropod and Flamekiller like this.
  5. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Perhaps Avalon A-D rank gem boxes, Avalon Driver, Fortune-Lesser Enchant card boxes. This is a good opportunity to bring stat sets to the free to play community

and better yet, Class Change item as a possible reward too

Sage Master perm too game breaking

Gwennifer and tamirtov like this.
  6. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Honestly, it's better to keep Sage Master as timed. It just doesn't seem special when you're just going to put an item that has been in boxes for a long time. If anything, the reward should be items that make players continue playing the Boss Mode, and not just be "I got it done, I don't need to do this anymore".

That's the issue of the current state of Boss Mode, which is where you can get items (BM Armor, SE Scrolls) and once you've collected them all, there's little to no point of doing it any further.

The rewards suggested by players already (Avalon Driver, Gemstone Generators, Enchant Cards), are items that shouldn't be in here. Gemstone Generators already have a carat variant, and chances are that if you're investing in an Avalon Driver - you aren't trying to be a free to play user. As for Enchant Cards, the current Attendance Event mainly serves that purpose nowadays and if anything - just put Master Enchant Cards & not Fortune Cards.

If you want a reward, you should do something that gives value to those who have just started playing the BM & those who "finished" playing the BM. I have examples below.

1 Win -> *Some kind of title*
    10 Wins -> ???
    50 Wins -> ???
    Complete BM -> Special Boss Mode Chest (includes all Boss Mode armors, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, 30000, 50000 Carat Coupons, Medal Coupons with No Junk, Low Chance for a Random Boss Mode Exocore)
    Complete BM (+ chance) -> Unique Boss Mode Chest (includes either a new Boss Mode Armor Set/Exocore, Low Chance for a Random Boss Mode Exocore & Special Boss Mode Title with Good Stats, No Junk) [New BM Armors/Exocore are with decent stats for those F2P players, Title will be timed)
    * You'll get this chest if you... (examples)
    -> Complete the stage before a certain amount of time
    -> Successfully complete the stage 10 times
    -> Random Chance (10% Unique, 90% Special)
    -> Complete the stage without Exocores
    -> "Double or Nothing" (New "dice" or "coin" mechanic similar to 1v1 Streak..? which allows you to roll a die/flip a coin equivalent to a number on the screen. If you don't get that number, you don't get a box. If you do, you'll get the Unique BM Chest)
    Keys are opened with the "Special" or "Unique" keys, 2400 carat & 3000 carat each.

Just my two cents. This will be pretty nice for those Boss Mode enthusiasts and gives meaning to actually play. It also provides those free to play users with decent stats without paying RC for Guardian Equipment.

Yukoto and tamirtov like this.
  7. Draygashi

tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  8. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Sage BFE count as an upgraded Sage, already?

Windstorm, tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
  9. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

It's a recolor that does a little more damage. I wouldn't necessarily call that upgraded

10. Draygashi

When I say upgrade, I'm talking about an upgrade like making "Another Sage Master" or "Sage Master SE" like Another Avenger/Serpent/Baguazhang/Infinite Ninjutsu or Jujitsu/Taekwondo/Gumgangtu SE

Windstorm, tamirtov and Jazztech like this.
  11. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Well, by strict definition it's an upgrade, though I do know what you mean.

NeoStrayFox and HumoLoco like this.
  12. LordSea

LordSea Well-Known Member

sage master doesn't even compare to some of the carat scrolls these niggas putting out rn

Windstorm and HumoLoco like this.
  13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yea sure.
    Let's make Sage Master perm.... ooo wait.. nvm.

Sage Master perm is already existed in Rumble Fighter..

Yea let us buy Sage Master perm instead of that mother fucka the ultimate scammer spender

Reason why sage master should be perm?.

New player need Sage Master like seriously they need help with it. Which we will have more new player if we bring out sage master perm.

Sage Master is one of easy to take down with any scroll you own.

Street can 9-0 Sage Master.

Support my scroll, Forgotten can 9-0 with 9 perf Sage Master any time by just counter da sage master.
    Take a good look at here.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/scroll-suggestion-the-forgotten.12159/

And yet Sage Master perm cant stop HumoLoco.

tamirtov likes this.
  14. MintyIce

MintyIce Well-Known Member

Sell Sage Master for 1000 dollars in Shops. Knowing how this community is.... someone will buy it.

*sneaky laugh*
    [​IMG]

tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

They will. Just watch it.

16. 271115

271115 Well-Known Member

why r u trying to make an irrelevant change in this game when it needs a significant bug fix update since beta?

HumoLoco likes this.
  17. Beast2050

Beast2050 Active Member

i remember when Sage Master BFE was perm on OGP

tamirtov likes this.
  18. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

I'd rather not see a perm version of a scroll that can only be countered (i.e. using K+G) when it's doing the default things like rams, slide kicks, jump kicks, or jump punches.

If I recall correctly, the BFE Sage Master also has a faster first punch, allowing for a standard juggle (KKP P P PPPP) when Sage Master could only ever do KKP PPPP.

As for this Boss Gauntlet you're making, I've come up with a similar idea, where you fight ALL of the bosses (one at a time, mind you) in a sort of Kirby's Arena fashion, where you could leave early and claim a lower prize, but beating all the bosses gives you basically 1 of every bm chest, and medals equal to half of the sum of them all. (I believe it's like... 950 on Hell, or something like that.) However, I never got around to making the visuals for this idea, so I never bothered to post a suggestion. After all, we can't make good suggestions that'll get tons of support if we don't have visuals since Nimonix can't be bothered to hire a translator. *ahem*

On another note, we need the Normal, Hard, and Hell Key Bundles to be purchasable in shop for carats. 5x keys for only 4x the cost.

tamirtov likes this.
  19. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Lol. Sage Master BFE was never exist in OGP. Sage Master BFE was created in GC by stealing my idea.

20. DevaObito

DevaObito Active Member

Can street stop u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.