These DDOS attacks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oeuny, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Oeuny

Oeuny Member

Can we get some real details on what in the heck is going on? Why are the ddos attacks happening in the first place? You mess with the internet mafia??? I just wanna grind for them good items and drops. Seems as if they have been happening for awhile now I'm curious as for what reason could someone possibly want to ddos redfox's games haha? Sad because I dc more like 10x half the days of the week.

Abiacran, dididigit and dAk1nE like this.
  2. dAk1nE

dAk1nE New Member

Lol @ You mess with the internet mafia???

3. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

I agree this server always been the same it gets a few players server takes a dump, DDOS just easy excuse for Redfox to use the reality is the game is run on a shoe string budget that's why there is so much wrong with it nothing ever gets fixed and all we get is empty promises but nothing ever changes

upload_2018-8-28_22-21-8.png

4. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

How long until the games back to this were everyone just gives up again seen it happen so many times and i am only fool to stay around to see it happen time and time again

upload_2018-8-28_22-27-51.png

5. [GM]Neko

[GM]Neko RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi guys! As a statement for official records, the recent disconnections are indeed the result of a series of malicious DDoS attacks. Lying about something like this can be deemed as a violation of corporate integrity, ethics, and honesty. Ultimately, such actions can result in severe corporate misconduct lawsuits. With that said, we want you all to know that this is a legitimate problem that we are working on fixing.

As of now, investigations are still underway and we are taking more measures to restrict the attacks. We do not know why they are choosing to attack or servers, but we do know that they have no intentions of stopping soon. We have already implemented a DDoS protection system, but the attackers have found a way to bypass the system. Moving forward, we will continue to do what we can to limit these attacks so please continue to be patient with us as we are fully aware how frustrating these disconnections can be. Thank you!

6. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

And Neko can you explain this maybe i missed some thing but is this true ???

upload_2018-8-29_0-10-6.png

7. [GM]Neko

Hi dididigit, this is NOT true, and you are free to tell your friends that these false assumptions are the result of a misunderstanding. Apparently, there have been a few players that are misunderstanding my comments, and automatically assuming that we want to shut down severs. Once again, these are all false allegations and they are NOT true.

When we said that "we don't simply want the game to survive," this quote was sent as a response to another player saying "Sorry for the long rant Neko, I and I believe others just want this game to survive."

To clarify this situation, what this quote means is, we do not want the game's 'survival' to be our only focus. This is because, of course, we expect the game to continue running. This quote was sent as a message to let players know that we have bigger plans in mind, and we plan to implement new content updates to continuously grow the Twelve Sky 2 Classic population and community. So, once again, we do not want the game to "simply survive," we want it to continue growing.

The full discussion can be found in the link below:
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/twelve-sky-2.44200/#post-422030

Thank you!

piehole likes this.
  8. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

they pasted the chat into discord had to explain to them what you meant by you don't want game just to simply survive i.e you want the game to be more than that i guess ph don't fully understand the term

9. [GM]Neko

Definitely an unfortunate series of events... I apologize and take responsibility for not being more clear. For those that continue to spread this rumor, please kindly warn them that spreading false rumors regarding our server status is a bannable offense. Additionally, feel free to also tell them that, once gain, we do NOT have plans to shut down the server. Thanks for your help and cooperation as usual dididigit!

piehole likes this.
  10. Oeuny

Oeuny Member

Also to give my opinion on my post info being pasted in Discord, people were not spreading rumors on you saying the game is going to close. In all honesty that was probably one or two people texting. It was their own opinions from what they read from it. So, please don't take that too seriously we don't want anyone getting banned for something misunderstood. We have players from all around the world and English is not their first language and again its not rumors being spread but as you have just now cleared up, it was a few misunderstood sentences.

11. Mr0blivionz

Mr0blivionz Well-Known Member

Im not hiding or anything so i can say it was me who posted a piece of ur post on discord but it wasnt even close to what that person is saying
    I posted it and said you made good use of words there that even gave me hope that this would get bigger. Those were my words along with ur post right there, dont take me wrong I never mentioned the server was going down, I give tips report bugs and even call some people from other versions to populate our server, i'd never say the server is shutting down specially when it just started to grow faster.

Gotta find a solution for these ddos neko and also as some1 said on suggestion try advertise more I have sent like 3 or 4 tickets of means to gatter new players and increase game population if you want any of the info again I have all of it on my head just tell me to resend it any time.

Oeuny likes this.
  12. tiribomba24

tiribomba24 New Member

Neko can i know why my topic was delete...the topic with title DC everywhere?

13. Fleshmonkey

Fleshmonkey Well-Known Member

There were too many posts with the same topics so they were just cleaning up the forums.

Xeon03 likes this.
  14. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

[GM]Neko why were genuine jades removed from drops at ivy hall no 1 can drop them anymore

15. Oeuny

Oeuny Member

Go away dude your post got nothing to do with what is being talked about.

16. Fleshmonkey

Fleshmonkey Well-Known Member

That's just Gaz3k being Gaz3k