The Real Reason RF is Dying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tengu, Nov 20, 2017.

1. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

Send a ticket maybe theyll tell you why they add something people mostly get kicked for. To me wings are a challenge. Im not calling everyone that kicks people with them weak but yall are str8 lazy fucks and need to nhaa if you cant fight properly more than once. Funny how on gem fighter wings arent a big deal and the community is just ******* fine.

2. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

The reason you can keep playing a map isn't because of the actually change itself, it's the players. 2 moon games will never go the same exact way. Just like in Call of Duty, people have certain maps they LOVE and will be willing to play in a 24/7 Playlist when it's available. It's the actual flow of the game, all the different possible encounters. But princess is like BM, same thing over and over no variables at all. It gets stale after a while. I can see where moon can get stale going by what I just said as well, but it's the map that I personally enjoy the most so it wouldn't be for me.

3. EvilMarvin

EvilMarvin Well-Known Member

What you fail to realize is while it looks like the community is the problem, it really isn't.

Many other games who are as old or older than RF doesn't have this type of toxicity. One likely reason is because of the way they've been treated.

The only people you can really blame is the host/developer. They shaped us into the way we are now.

As far as new players go, this is ALL on RedFox and NimoniX.
    Please note that this game is a decade old. There is NO WAY for new players to be able to win and grind with what's given to them at the start. It is simply a requirement to buy RC to even keep up as a new player.
    Now with the new recent changes in RedFox billing, they decided to reduce chargebacks and instead cause more customer inconveniences, to only allow giftcard payments for purchasing RC.

Put the blame where blame belongs which is the host and NimoniX.

You talk about people not doing events? Nobody cares about your cheap $10-$20 CA wannabe events.
    Go in game right now, make an event room, mega pass, make it a one game match and winner of whatever you gotta do wins $10 RC and I guarantee you, everyone will hop on. Ain't nobody got time to spend possibly hours for possibly $10-$20 prize. Get outta here.

Wings are far superior than shell because you can fight recklessly or kamikaze then just be revived.

The only reason this game is still alive is not because the developers are doing a good job when they are adding more bugs than items in game but rather people are still willing to go after top spenders and blow $100-$200 on boxes per update. The moment this stops, RF will be gone.

ItsZoos, MadaraUchiha and UnleashD like this.
  4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I never hear the word "incentive" mentioned in any other fighting game but RF which leads me to believe the people here are spoiled rotten.

Also imma do a princess tournament so :p

5. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

GEM also has a classic mode where only original exos and scrolls are able to be used in a game, so they're doing more restrictions than us so your point is kinda silly lmao.

Tengu likes this.
  6. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

Fantastic, literally everything in the game is a ******* BM dude. You can play the same map with diff people and it can still feel dry. You can play the map in new varieties and still feel dry. But thats not a reason to neglect a WHOLE mode. To me I need fun people I know to play with me, then the room never gets boring.

7. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

There's no reason to play princess over any other game mode, so yeah you would need an incentive to populate a game mode. Has nothing to do with being rotten. If all I play in CoD is Team Deathmatch, am I spoiled because I don't play Free for All or Search and Destroy? Not making much sense.

8. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

Agreed with everything but even if we’ve been shaped like this we still needa chill, if we werent so toxic (notice how I said we, I consider myself toxic not as much as phawnix but yeah) new players cant join with it going like this at all.. so were bound to only be stuck to people buying boxes to keep it alive. Not to mention tengu’s steam idea, I did that **** for rc yeah but also to help the community cuz its smart, steam is there for a reason.

Tengu likes this.
  9. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

The people I play with are usually how I have fun, RF itself is extremely dry for me as Meggi said I'm not a kid anymore. I used to be able to wake up at 7am and play til 7pm, just as excited as I was when I first logged in.

ItsZoos likes this.
  10. Disregard

Disregard Well-Known Member

Sure game is dead for multiple reasons, But it's also a old game. Unlike other old games such as (Maplestory, elsword, and etc.) They are still popular to this day. More advertisement, more content, and pretty popular in steam too = more gamers to play. Rumble fighter started in 2007 and still living to this day yet. Game is in a publishing company that pretty much says this "Redfox = Old games" So people who know redfox, pretty much stay away from this site.
    (Not a lot of people even know Redfox to begin with or rumble fighter.)

Community is one reason game is dying, lack of people, lack of events that "truly" want people to participate, too much grinding when it comes to rare equipment. (SE's, other bm items), and negativity that goes through this game overall pushes players not even trying the game.

11. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

And its my fault our version has a bunch of rotten people with rotten attitudes and developers that dont wanna add that said classic mode to our version and that Gems community is better even though theyre limited? How does that add to my point in anyway.. doesnt that mean that the community on gem is better despite having those said restrictions? Lol. Cuz we got hella restrictions.. and look what were doing right now.

12. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

Lol you right, toxicity is unavoidable. But atleast those games have and equal amount of positive people. (Not literal equal but you get it.)

13. MadaraUchiha

MadaraUchiha Member

They are community made unspoken restrictions. They made a whole game mode to cater to people who don't like new things. How is that not equally as bad?

14. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Life is getting busier, so there's that too I guess

I guess this is why the gaming is market is leaning more and more towards mobile gaming, where people can play on the go

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You are delusional or grotesquely ignorant if you honestly believe anything you just said. How can you actually try to blame the devs for how toxic our community is? Why'd they change chargeback? Because players were abusing it. Why'd they remove the test a scroll function? Because players were abusing that too. You sound like the people in the South who blame everything on Obama.

And I'm sorry $30 isnt enough for a free tournament but it really shows how entitled you think you are and that you don't play competitively in other fighting games because those cost you entry money.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Meggi likes this.
  16. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

Hey atleast they dont to it the same way we do. C: its bad but not worst.

17. UnleashD

UnleashD Clean Up Crew

True but admit it, dealing with people that dont act nice at all and **** with you all day isnt fun either. A mix is the best.

18. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

oh and another thing that I realized is that NA and EU have very laggy connections together

and there's not enough EU players to make the EU channel relevant

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Honestly I could do without the toxicity and hostility the game picked up at the end of it's OGP years. Was in a casual room and when I finally died in r3 this random dude who I'd never fought named Ogre started talking **** about how "I guess Tengu isnt as good as I thought". Once it ended and I was 1st and he was last he started foaming at the mouth at me in lobby trying to ft9 me while dropping the typical "ez" "you ****" "stay trash" "duck me like you duck that nga on the forums" etc.

Toxicity should be reportable.

BJJFromGJJ and Meggi like this.
  20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Reported for typekilling

BJJFromGJJ and Meggi like this.