Sure-fire guide to enchanting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prizmo, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Haven't seen much while digging for some clues other than “stealing rates” and “lesser to 5, master to the rest, if it fails at 8-9 sell the gem and move on”.

And idek how true those claims are so..

help lol

2. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Well there's nothing that guarantees success, but here's a few of the things I've learned over the last decade. This is my very tried and true understanding of it all.

1. +2 boss gems are better.
    2. Do all of your enchanting day 1 of an update. All rates are better then.
    3. Do your enchanting during times of higher player population. More going on in the game's background seems to help for some reason.
    4. Enchant more than one at a time. (I do 2)The game does seem to have some sort of "bungee" system in place for failure and success. I've found that after succeeding over and over, I'm certain to fail repeatedly shortly after, regardless of where the gem is at, and vice versa. You can use one gem to buffer this, because if a gem fails when it would usually succeed, it puts you in a better position. (+5 to +6 failing with a master, for example) Now the game thinks you've hit your low, and wants to "bungee" your rate back up, so try that +8 gem this time instead. (1 fail isnt always enough, you've gotta feel it out a little)
    5. If you're only enchanting one gem, relog in-between. There's ranges of success based on where the gem currently is. (The following numbers are made up to give a clearer understanding). For example from 1-2 it might have a 70%-100% chance to succeed, based on how stretched you've got you "bungee," while from 9-10 may have a range of 5%-20%. Relogging relaxes the bungee to the middle of the range. The "default" success rate for it's current level, so to speak.
    6. Lastly, please never enchant a gem you remove from a socket. That bungee is broken, you're falling off the cliff fam.
    Hope this helped. Cheers.
    Ign Crescendo

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  3. MasonBotz

MasonBotz New Member

We need big changes on rf!

4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

HumoLoco remove enchanted gem from a socket, and as soon as enchanted gem has reach 10 then slap it on the same socket.

tamirtov likes this.
  5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Outdated money sink system

Crescendo likes this.
  6. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

True, but if you're gonna dump the cash, I'd rather people learn from my experiences than aimlessly turn their wallets upside-down like I did before I knew what I know now.

Hercule and HYTNANO like this.
  7. Hercule

A cup of water in hell

8. Hercule

I miss this game a lot tho. Your a nice person stay that way.

Crescendo, JustUgur and HYTNANO like this.