Suggestions for the New Server & RF in general

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justice, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Rates & Cap

1. Temporarily cap new server to lv55 with x1 rates until the lvling experience for 55+ is more fluid

41 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Leave it normal (Continue the cycle of new server, players quitting, and merging servers)

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  1. Valeron

Valeron New Member

If admins will adjust the game to the players, not the players will learn game system. That lost point of the game.

2. Ryone

Ryone New Member

The most annoying thing for me in this game is when they let drivers get exp while in MAU. I mean I get that those drivers need exp but that is just too op. Sure they have to repair their MAUs and everything but once they hit 51 (which is too easy for bells) and get those blue arms. Well GG! This made me quit last server as everyone was playing bell drivers (even though I was playing HC). The game didn't feel right anymore as bell won like 24/7. Other races didn't show up thus no more pvp :(

3. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

1x rates is abit much... People will quit before 50 lol

4. KickleePrime

KickleePrime New Member

Remove Elven Pit bosses
    - Still cool for MAU pilots and bring some PvP out CW and PB raid
    - very usefull in new fresh server too

Disable GvG completely or at least remove the gold requirement and CP reward
    - Gold ok
    - CP reward ok
    - Keep at least warrior witness haha

Enforce English in public chats
    - OMG yes !!!

Disable chat macro
    mmmmmm not really agree, sometimes it's usefull or increase cp cost when a player use macro chat

Add 55+ weapon/armor to monster drops at a low rate. (They don't exist atm and the only way people got them was through event rewards)
    Yes but where ? Open to more suggestion x)

Increase the drop rate of weapon/armor for levels 1-50 to how it was back in the days with Codemasters. (Farming for hours to get that full set felt so rewarding)
    Why not

Significantly decrease the price of white weapon/armor at the HQ vendor for lv55+ stuff
    Why not

Slightly decrease the price of intense weapons and add lv55+ intense weapons to the vendor
    Why not

Slightly decrease the price of pvp vendor weapons so they can be affordable
    No, because it will oblige people to move their **** for pvp

Significantly decrease the price of Red Mau arms. Order the prices of the MAU arms accordingly from low to high. Red -> Blue -> Yellow. Makes no sense red arms costs the same as blue.
    Add a MAU repair vendor in Ether

Increase Animus exp rate (Look at Dan's thread for more info on animus. If the summon exp curve is exponential I don't think a simple rate increase will fix it.)

Reduce the damage of destruction runes
    It's cool actually

Increase the cooldown of defense runes and disable logging out while it is active
    Don't forget that people still can turn off their modem manual for log out lmao

Increase the cooldown of escape runes
    it's 30 mins actually ^_^

Increase the drop chance of talics from processing ores (manual upgrades please?)
    It's kinda well balanced actually

Increase loot sell rate overall to 2x (Gamescampus set only gli,beam,rian to 1.5x)
    Why not

Slightly increase the drop chance of elite force spells
    No idea

Change lv50 Type C weapon combination to Type A + Type B + Excelsiar C = Type C
    No idea

Increase crafting chance for lv50+ items (add crafting for lv55+ items?)
    No idea

5. Justice

Justice Member

People need to realize that you can get to 50 faster on 1x than to get a single level 55+ at 3x-5x.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  6. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

And yet it still takes people like 1 year to get to 55.. No names but *SolidX*

Justice likes this.
  7. Justice

Justice Member

Word

Getting from 50-55 on 3x is already brutal for normal players. Truth be told RF is only balanced until level 50. RF was in a better state when it was with CM than it is now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  8. Bacon

Bacon Active Member

took me 2 months from 52-53 :D

9. A4T14

A4T14 Member

that's f***ing too long.

10. Bacon

Bacon Active Member

I never had a chance to join any PL parties because I have a different timezone than those who host them or sometimes just not so wanted in a party because I don't have a hecate. I only do opn and ets daily and then goes back to farming :D

11. A4T14

A4T14 Member

Too bad so sad, I may suffer the same fate in this server also. :mad:

12. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

The high using CS players can exp easy enough, but those still in school or with low income playing those Support classes. They ain't ever reaching 55 on 1x.....

13. simone93

simone93 New Member

• Remove EXP Battle Dungeons : I agree, BD just make people lazy to go outside HQ
    • Remove Returnee Weapons: I don't agree, new players don't know that they must do all PT, so they probably will be costricted to restart the game from 0 , creating a new player for doing all PTS.
    • Remove Lv 40&45 reward boxes: Why? I don't think they do anything bad.
    • Remove Elven Pit bosses: for bells they are very good, so keep them, since bells are not so many.
    • Disable GvG completely or at least remove the gold requirement and CP reward: gvg is a very good thing that's part of the game, I don't agree with removing it , but it should give less cpt. Like 1000 points each one.
    • Enforce English in public chats: many ppl can't speak English, so GM can't enforce it, but they must enforce English on race chat and make sure that nobody spam on All chat .
    • Disable chat macro: already disabled. It's not an issue anymore ..i Guess.
    • Add 55+ weapon/armor to monster drops at a low rate. (They don't exist atm and the only way people got them was through event rewards): yes, drop rate should be increased.
    • Increase the drop rate of weapon/armor for levels 1-50 to how it was back in the days with Codemasters. (Farming for hours to get that full set felt so rewarding): for every lvl it should be increased.
    • Significantly decrease the price of white weapon/armor at the HQ vendor for lv55+ stuff: I agree
    • Slightly decrease the price of intense weapons and add lv55+ intense weapons to the vendor: yes
    • Slightly decrease the price of pvp vendor weapons so they can be affordable: yes
    • Significantly decrease the price of Red Mau arms. Order the prices of the MAU arms accordingly from low to high. Red -> Blue -> Yellow. Makes no sense red arms costs the same as blue. : yes
    • Add a MAU repair vendor in Ether: yes
    • Increase Animus exp rate (Look at Dan's thread for more info on animus. If the summon exp curve is exponential I don't think a simple rate increase will fix it.) : only a bit
    • Reduce the damage of destruction runes : why? Not good idea I guess
    • Increase the cooldown of defense runes and disable logging out while it is active: nah
    • Increase the cooldown of escape runes : no..
    • Increase the drop chance of talics from processing ores (manual upgrades please?) : nah
    • Increase loot sell rate overall to 2x (Gamescampus set only gli,beam,rian to 1.5x) : YES
    • Slightly increase the drop chance of elite force spells : ye
    • Change lv50 Type C weapon combination to Type A + Type B + Excelsiar C = Type C : can be
    • Increase crafting chance for lv50+ items (add crafting for lv55+ items?): mm idk

14. Justice

Justice Member

You should know that RF doesn't get new players. The player base of RF consists of the loyal fans that it accumulated over the years after it launched.

15. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

Remove Hissy Potion's.
    And don't remove BD's ! it would be impossible to share exp spots between the 3 races.

16. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

BDs are definitely something that should be brought back in at some point, but for the initial start of the server no I don't feel they should be in. At least the 45 BD was added to existing servers as a means to catch up, not for circumventing PvP at the start of a server's life time. I would like to see them gone initially but return at some point because I do think it's important to give players a safer method to catch up, it's hard for a level 45 to continue to play when they are faced with the threat of a bunch of 55+ ready to 1 shot them. Probably something like 4-6 months after server comes online would be a good time.

17. Blinky

Blinky New Member

Complementing the issue of Battle Ground Exp and rush , I think it should end the XP hit rush . A player may only win xp if the MOB is of red color him too, no matter who give the last hit . Currently the RF classic maps are abandoned by dependence created by rush by others. lvl 30 players already want to party in ABAs . If can not just change for technical issues, decreased level to Party in at least 5 levels would be an alternative . These changes would the game be experienced in all stages, put more emotion and more responsibility in RL and consuls to helped protect ups spots and colonies. Thus returning some of excellent classical experience of RF Online.

Greetings!
    Blinky

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  18. simone93

simone93 New Member

So why removing them? If RF don't get newbies, players should already know that they don't have to use Returnee Weapons. They can just be sold to npc

19. Poddy

Poddy Member

I agree with most of the suggestions, the ones I also think should change are RUNES in general, for Defence runes I would increase cooldown to something much higher like 30 minutes and for escape runes I would increase even further to hours like Pitboss pops so 4 hours? To me runes are just so overpowered and detract from the game experience as at the present time they are just too easy mode and so cooldowns should be increased drastically to promote better tactics and planning than simply clicking a rune several times.
    Let's not forget also it's bad enough there are many many outdated and forgotten classes across all the races which have not been tweaked at all and everyone is able to use a plethora of these classes' unique skills at will - like I said before too easy and cheap.

20. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

Remove all the Pay-To-Win items from the Cash Shop.

Including but not limited to:
    • Upgrade boxes
    • Teleport potions
    • Hissy potions
    • Revive potions
    • GM invisibility

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016